Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Ideas for half-time entertainment...

Though,given the quality of some of the games I''ve seen this season I have wished that the "crossbar challenge" could have lasted for two halves of 45 minutes with space for a 15 minute game of football in between, it has to be said the half-time "entertainment" at Carrow Road is rubbish.

What might improve it?  I quite liked the European Canaries the other week walking their flags round the pitch.  Anything else?  A quick game of ready, steady, cook?  Play your cards right with Bruce Forsyth?

Always liked something they do at Reading, like crossbar challenge but you have to hit the corner flag from the centre circle to win a car, they pull about five people out of the crowd and on a wet day they fall all over the place.

dont see many half time things as am usually trying to work my way through 2pints and a pie

Bruce Forsythe?  Is that crep still alive?

I''m all for the suggesiton of babes in scanty clothing getting physical.  Oil is optional. For the ladies in the crowd, the same thing.  You know they all have interest in that, too. They just won''t admit it.

What about a bar with decent refreshments at reasonable prices and not having to miss the last minutes of the first half if you want to be served?

I am speaking for the Lower Barclay, maybe it''s better in the other areas.

On the pitch, it''s difficult, most people leave to get refreshments etc, so there has to be something better than a pint of cup of tea. Crossbar challenge is okay, anything but poor teenage girls in scanty costumes.

(I used to work with someone who did this years ago and she hated it, but had to do it to promote her dance school). A no to men either. If we had a decent sized screen, replays of past matches would be an idea.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]What about a bar with decent refreshments at reasonable prices and not having to miss the last minutes of the first half if you want to be served?

I am speaking for the Lower Barclay, maybe it''s better in the other areas.[/quote]It''s probably worse in the N&P.

How about a penalty shoot out with members of the board, the people that work in the shop and ticket office and past players all taking part?  I would watch it!  But they would have to swap from the Barclay end one week and the Riverend another, because I never see the entertainment from were I sit!

how about what they do on the continent and have NOTHING on the pitch at half time?

No on pays any attention to it anyway... they are either in the loo, in the bar, or chatting...

jas :)

just be glad you dont suffer our half time entertainment

at wolves i would just like to hear the half time scores which they never read out

instead we get

• fans running between 6ft cut out players
  • fans attempting to score free kick
  • fans running big inflatable ball into the goal, which didnt actually fit
  • cheerleaders whichon paper sound good - but they only about 14yrs old
  • or
  • watching fans attempt chip ball into a bloody shed

best entertainment iv seen is at reading

when they just stuck on jeff stelling and his chums on the big screen for the half time period

[quote user="Beaker"]let out a camel.....and just see what happens[/quote]''tis a very funny movie. Would be funny to see delia wrestle a bear.

" let out a camel.....and just see what happens"I believe they did on saturday - not at halftime, but in the last minute of the second half

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]What about a bar with decent refreshments at reasonable prices and not having to miss the last minutes of the first half if you want to be served? I am speaking for the Lower Barclay, maybe it''s better in the other areas.[/quote]

It''s probably worse in the N&P.
[/quote]

Really? I assumed most occupants of that stand brought their own flask of tea!

How about we get one member of the board, (once they''re done we then work through the crowd) to get completely trashed before the game then give a rallying call for everyone to get behind the team in the second half (alcohol supplied by the club of course!).

I enjoyed the half-time entertainment against Stoke. Ryan Shawcross booting football''s into the Barclay was definitely better than the ''crossbar challenge''.

Marty, we had girls in skimpey clothes who danced at West Ham. They were called the Hammerettes. All the guys loved it, sometimes it was better than the football. Can you believe that the club thought we would prefer penalty shootouts by the locals and match highlights on the big screens of  previous West Ham goals of years gone by? No wonder that supporters now stay at the bar for another pint!

Next Season''s Half-Time Entertainment should be:Penalty Shoot-Out1 "Neutral" Goalkeeper5 Norwich fans pulled from the stands5 Opposition fans pulled from the away bitSimple.

[quote user="MK Canary"]Next Season''s Half-Time Entertainment should be:

Penalty Shoot-Out

1 "Neutral" Goalkeeper

5 Norwich fans pulled from the stands
5 Opposition fans pulled from the away bit

Simple.
[/quote]

Yeah good idea, but just not on ''''Derby'''' day and if it''s on derby day not the Barclay, there would be a riot on the pitch [:)]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Another sherry sodden rant by Delia, not funny for those in attendance but the rest of the world could have another good laugh.[/quote]

I was in attendance and thought it was funny.  

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Another sherry sodden rant by Delia, not funny for those in attendance but the rest of the world could have another good laugh.[/quote]

[/quote]

i was away on a course and watching it in a hotel in London... i was the only Norwich fan in the place and was wearing my shirt with pride... i have never felt so embaressed of the club in all my life as i did that day! shocking!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

i was away on a course and watching it in a hotel in London... i was the only Norwich fan in the place and was wearing my shirt with pride... i have never felt so embaressed of the club in all my life as i did that day! shocking!

[/quote]

I can safely say its my most embarrasing moment in 40 years of supporting City.