Sign in to follow this  
ca

Town need help to pump up the atmosphere on Sunday

[quote] IPSWICH fans are being asked to turn Fortress Portman Road blue on Sunday.

No, Jim Magilton doesn''t want Town fans swearing at their Canary counterparts, but instead show their support for his side by holding up a blue card as the sides come out for the big derby clash.

Every Town supporter will find a blue card on their seat in an initiative backed by e.on, the EADT and its sister paper Evening Star, to help pump up the atmosphere at the home of Ipswich Town.

Magilton''s promotion chasing Blues have lost just one Championship game at home this season and after the disappointing 1-1 draw against Cardiff the Town manager has called on the home supporters to greet the team with a wall of noise while holding up the cards as a sign of their backing. The blue cards will be available from the East Anglian Daily Times/Evening Star promotional unit at the corner in Portman Road at the corner of the North and Cobbold stands on Sunday. [/quote]

Ah bless them, its so quiet at PR these days that they need help to pump up the atmosphere.

Now don''t you Ipswich fans  forget to hold up your blue cards thats good boys and girls. :)

actually selling all their tickets might be a start!

heres a game for you to play before the game kicks off.. count the empty seats!

jas :)

What a bad idea - or good from our point of view.  When we did that at CR in the Prem season it killed the atmosphere because you can''t hold a card and applaud at the same time.  Greeno said how weird it was when the teams came out expecting the usual crescendo of noise.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

What a bad idea - or good from our point of view.  When we did that at CR in the Prem season it killed the atmosphere because you can''t hold a card and applaud at the same time.  Greeno said how weird it was when the teams came out expecting the usual crescendo of noise.

[/quote]

I thought exactly the same when they done it here. Should backfire a treat. Mind you they always miss the other hand when they clap!

Ipswich are struggling to sell out, my (ipswic supporting) friend (tut tut) rang up last weekend and got tickets and asked if there were many left and they said yes.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

actually selling all their tickets might be a start!

heres a game for you to play before the game kicks off.. count the empty seats!

jas :)

[/quote]

You will be there all day Jas!

Also how is holding up blue cards ment to make it more noisy!  I think whoever has a City scarf should take it with them on sunday and hold it aloft and we all sing on the ball city!  Then that will show them what noise is!

Sorry to dissapoint but when I phoned up 2 days ago I was told there were only 700 restricted view seats left, meaning we should have a crowd of almost 30,000, a crowd f which you could only dream of!!

I have never read anything so pathetic in all my life LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why the hell would you need help in creating an atmosphere - it''s a big local derby!!

Would they have enough fingers to help hold those cards up with?!?!

[quote user="tractorboysgoinup"]Sorry to dissapoint but when I phoned up 2 days ago I was told there were only 700 restricted view seats left, meaning we should have a crowd of almost 30,000, a crowd f which you could only dream of!![/quote]

A crowd of which you would never get if we weren''t in town, which would be the real reason for them being there.

[quote user="tractorboysgoinup"]Sorry to dissapoint but when I phoned up 2 days ago I was told there were only 700 restricted view seats left, meaning we should have a crowd of almost 30,000, a crowd f which you could only dream of!![/quote]

Nice name [:)] but where are you going up to Tractorboy, after not being able to beat ColU and Cardiff looks like a downward trend is more likely.

As for the crowd well if you can''t get 30,000 for a local derby God help you! See you had 10,000 empty seats against Cardiff, where were all your fans then?

[quote user="tractorboysgoinup"]In actual fact according to our website it is now totally sold out, making your claims look a little like your team silly![/quote]

so where the hell have the other 10000 fans crawled out off all off a sudden Binner Boy?!!

what are those scum fans doing on here - go back to your yellow''n''green-un (or just green''un for short) and flirt with your siblings

why would Ipsh*t want to boost the atmosphere for their players - surely a noisy crowd would put them off because they just aren''t used to it

As if not being able to spell disappoint wasn''t enough, you even managed to show your stupidity by failing to spell OF correctly!!!!!!!!

Not only are you badly supported and all from London, you can''t even spell a 2 lettered word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW THICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pity you poor, sad loners!!!!!

You have a bigger ground than us which makes it look like you get more support.  Plus this will be the only game you get 30,000 because we are guna be there.  We fill our ground every week against the likes of ColU and Scunny.  We get almost 26,000 every week when our ground holds just over 26,000 and you get around that much and your ground holds over 30,000.  So you can only dream of our support mate!

Town are also having a petition to move away fans, closer to their loudest fans, to create more banter.

Like our away fans next to left side of Barclay.

At first I thought this was a good idea, then i realised it was just to make them seem more intimidating than they actually are.. and they probably know the petition will fail, so it makes it sound as if they actually have a louder part of the ground... when really they dont.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Mind you they always miss the other hand when they clap!

[/quote]

You noticed this too Arthur! I think that''s the reason for holding up the card, it''s a bit of care in the community to stop us laughing at them.

[quote user="Beatle"]

As if not being able to spell disappoint wasn''t enough, you even managed to show your stupidity by failing to spell OF correctly!!!!!!!!

Not only are you badly supported and all from London, you can''t even spell a 2 lettered word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW THICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pity you poor, sad loners!!!!!

[/quote]

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but he spelt ''of'' correctly as far as I can see.

Interesting isn''t it.

Last year for the derby, they had 2,000 empty seats. Yes, 2,000. For their last game vs Cardiff, they sold just 20,000 tickets.

Compare that to city- more or less every game over the past 4 years has been a sell out (and just look at our league positions in those seasons).

The term ''fairweather supporters'' comes to mind...

You mean Portacabin road is going to be hit by a chavalanche?

Great news mate, mind you it is your cup final, when you start filling your ground like us every week you might be able to start bragging, hey there were only 10,000 empty seats for the Cardiff game!

[quote user="tractorboysgoinup"]there were only 700 restricted view seats left[/quote]Are they special tickets for the incest offspring whom have one eye fused shut?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

You''ve got selective memory I''m afraid. Try going back to the first leg of the 2002 play off semi final v Wolves. There were yellow and green cards put on every home seat at Carrow Road and the OTBC was definitely the loudest I''ve heard (apart from Bayern Munich home). Malky talked about it on Radio Norfolk the next day saying how he thought it got to Wolves, they were thinking (according to Malky) ........''what the bloody hell is that''!!    

It was a magnificent sight and sound that day. Whether Ipswich will produce something similar I don''t know. Let''s hope we wipe the smile from their faces early doors anyway!

Me and Yellow Rider junior will be there as part of the Y''Army so wish us luck.   

A crowd that we only dream of... but could EASILY get an average of if we had the room?

Please get over yourself, your team isnt special, your ''fans'' arent fans and your kit is common

Git arwfa moi soite

Understand that better?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

You''ve got selective memory I''m afraid. Try going back to the first leg of the 2002 play off semi final v Wolves. There were yellow and green cards put on every home seat at Carrow Road and the OTBC was definitely the loudest I''ve heard (apart from Bayern Munich home). Malky talked about it on Radio Norfolk the next day saying how he thought it got to Wolves, they were thinking (according to Malky) ........''what the bloody hell is that''!!    

It was a magnificent sight and sound that day. Whether Ipswich will produce something similar I don''t know. Let''s hope we wipe the smile from their faces early doors anyway!

Me and Yellow Rider junior will be there as part of the Y''Army so wish us luck.   

[/quote]

That happened 6 years ago.. you surely can''t expect people to remember it? (if it doesn''t suit) [;)]

Live up to your name, don''t you?

Read it again and look for the ''f'' on it''s own after the word ''crowd''.

Duh!

If I was a binner I''d pay extra for a restricted view . . . [:P]