Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Hey Archant... How do you like it?

Server Error in ''/cs'' Application.

The Type Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper.FTB, Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper could not be loaded by the TextEditorLoader

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The Type Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper.FTB, Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper could not be loaded by the TextEditorLoader

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The Type Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper.FTB, Telligent.FreeTextBoxWraper could not be loaded by the TextEditorLoader]

CommunityServer.Controls.TextEditorLoader.Load(String configType) +140

CommunityServer.Controls.TextEditorLoader..cctor() +36

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ''CommunityServer.Controls.TextEditorLoader'' threw an exception.]

CommunityServer.Controls.TextEditorLoader.Instance(HttpContext context, String[] roles) +0

CommunityServer.Controls.Editor.Create() +84

CommunityServer.Controls.Editor.set_Width(Unit value) +10

ASP.themes_default_skins_view_createeditpost_ascx.__BuildControlPostBody() +115

ASP.themes_default_skins_view_createeditpost_ascx.__BuildControlPost() +292

ASP.themes_default_skins_view_createeditpost_ascx.__BuildControlTree(themes_default_skins_view_createeditpost_ascx __ctrl) +398

ASP.themes_default_skins_view_createeditpost_ascx.FrameworkInitialize() +34

System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +31

System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters) +312

System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +119

System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) +23

CommunityServer.Controls.SkinnedWebControl.LoadSkin() +198

CommunityServer.Controls.SkinnedWebControl.CreateChildControls() +43

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87

System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +21

System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +292

System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id) +39

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +234

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1194

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

We really don''t like it...

However, some things are out of our control as we''re dependent on lots of different pieces of equipment working together correctly in order to support these forums (and all our other websites).

We''ve been experiencing some performance problems with one of the storage systems used to hold content for our websites, and this has basically been showing itself as the errors you''ve all been experiencing on the forum systems.

With a little luck everything should start to run a little more smoothly from now on - a number of fixes have been put in place and we''re fairly confident that they should help reduce or eliminate the errors.

Please keep everything crossed however!

I think we''re all getting pissed off with the site, its just not reliable anymore which is sad for a big company like Archant and even sadder for us regular users.

Hang on, if you look outside there is a real world you could all join and enjoy.

If your life is reduced to this site you really need to get a grip on reality.

If you have a complaint email it directly without trying to be clever and using valuable sensible forum space.

Cheers

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think we''re all getting pissed off with the site, its just not reliable anymore which is sad for a big company like Archant and even sadder for us regular users.

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly C.A. A shame though. 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Well yes Angel I do regard trying to get a message on the board is like playing a Fruit Machine but I have come up with a formula that succeeds , when offering up your message and you get the yellow pages hit "refresh" twice and when that little retry thing comes up that keeps "binging" when you try to get rid of it hit "back" and when you get back hit "refresh" and lo and behold I got two messages on last night . I think you have to use the "refresh" as a "hold" and the back as a "nudge"  and hope for 4 cherries in a line.[Y] arrdee. 

I''m surprised that a Company as big as Archant don''t have a more resilient system. Still, I suppose that the websites are low priority in that they are not a means of generating income (apart from the ads).

[quote user="Sotoncanary"]

Hang on, if you look outside there is a real world you could all join and enjoy.

If your life is reduced to this site you really need to get a grip on reality.

If you have a complaint email it directly without trying to be clever and using valuable sensible forum space.

Cheers

[/quote]

''Sensible forum space''. Now that''s a good one.

As for the triple and quadruple spacing, that''s almost better.

Get an education. It costs us less.

OTBC

Hi Tim Stephenson (Archant IS)

Working fine for me at the mo, keeping everything crossed, thanks for the hard work anyhow.  Although frustrated, Im sure us fans, me included are very grateful people are working to fix the problems experienced lately [:)]

"I''m surprised that a Company as big as Archant don''t have a more resilient system. Still, I suppose that the websites are low priority in that they are not a means of generating income (apart from the ads)."

I have to say you''d probably be surprised at the amount of serious hardware that goes into running our websites - 7 webservers are now live, backed by around 3Tb of networked storage, and a 16-way, 2 node database cluster.

Unfortunately, the best laid plans can rapidly disintegrate around you if something unexpected stops doing what its supposed to be.

Happy to give you more details if you''re interested.

[quote user="Tim Stephenson "]"I''m surprised that a Company as big as Archant don''t have a more resilient system. Still, I suppose that the websites are low priority in that they are not a means of generating income (apart from the ads)." I have to say you''d probably be surprised at the amount of serious hardware that goes into running our websites - 7 webservers are now live, backed by around 3Tb of networked storage, and a 16-way, 2 node database cluster. Unfortunately, the best laid plans can rapidly disintegrate around you if something unexpected stops doing what its supposed to be. Happy to give you more details if you''re interested.[/quote]

It sounds to me like the Lithium Crystals need re-energising Mr.Stephenson.

Not surprised Tim, I was in the business for a good few years myself. My point was, I suppose, that where I have worked before the IT systems were linked with income generating divisions of the business, they could quite simply not afford to be down. And that error message looks scarily familiar....

Bunny - while we may not be loosing hard cash if the forums or sites are down at the moment (except for our Homes24, Jobs24, Drive24 digital classified systems at any rate), lets just say that we all have a vested interest in getting them up again!

All our sites sit on a platform designed to prevent this sort of outage (multiple webservers, hardware loadbalancers, clustered database servers etc).

However, the webservers are dependent on access to a cluster of 3 enterprise-grade filers for all website application files, images, etc etc. and this is what''s been causing problems over the last week or two....

Hopefully we''ve energised the crystals sufficiently to keep things running :)

Hi Tim.. just got the dreaded Error Message when trying to view the league table off the front page incase you need to know!

jas :)

Weird - other links seem to work quickly, but from home via my elastic band it seizes up.

The table is created by javascript (I think?) but can''t see why that would be different from other pages.

By the way - thanks for keeping us updated, Tim

Tim.

You do sound rather over-impressed with your hardware, your software and community this-&-that.

And it does all sound a bit like trying to maintain an old car as a taxi - full of frustration, especially for the passengers.

Further one suspects that income-earners such as job + house + motors = priority for Archant rather than our free site for testy old farts, illiterates etc. Although of course we do provide occasional colourful copy for Archant''s finest free of cost. Not to speak of ideas and analyses that............Shhhhh....!

My apologies if I sound a bit rough. But what really counts is a functional site like you used to have. As I''ve said before, your woes seem to be mirroring the team we all support. Let''s hope we can soon breathe a collective sigh of relief on both counts.

Are you sure you all don''t need a "Roedy" down there?

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Tim Stephenson - Archant IS"] "I''m surprised that a Company as big as Archant don''t have a more resilient system. Still, I suppose that the websites are low priority in that they are not a means of generating income (apart from the ads)." I have to say you''d probably be surprised at the amount of serious hardware that goes into running our websites - 7 webservers are now live, backed by around 3Tb of networked storage, and a 16-way, 2 node database cluster. Unfortunately, the best laid plans can rapidly disintegrate around you if something unexpected stops doing what its supposed to be. Happy to give you more details if you''re interested." [/quote]

i sympathise with you tim!!

im part of the team that runs the systems for most of suffolk NHS (not the 2 hospitals)

we run a 12tb SAN, 2 x 8 blade enclosures, about 6 SQL servers, about 10 different web servers, 2 different email domains accross 6 exchange server, 3 patient data based clinical systems, 20+ DC''s and connectivity to about 3000 NHS staff

what people don`t realise is that computing aint a exact science, things go wrong easily......

all it takes is for alorry to pile into your buildings Power transformer or a external auditor to power up a disconnected air con unit in your server room that hasnt been used in 5 years, that is sooo messed up it floods ur comms room with water and coolant or a secretary to plug both ends of a cat 5 cable into a switch that a contractor has mis-configured so u get a broadcast storm cascading accross a whole NHS HQ knocking out every switch, a Transco digger cutting ur fibre connection to the nhs, a finance accountant not under standing what a kilostream line is so cancel''s it!............ the list goes on!!!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[quote user="Tim Stephenson - Archant IS"] "I''m surprised that a Company as big as Archant don''t have a more resilient system. Still, I suppose that the websites are low priority in that they are not a means of generating income (apart from the ads)." I have to say you''d probably be surprised at the amount of serious hardware that goes into running our websites - 7 webservers are now live, backed by around 3Tb of networked storage, and a 16-way, 2 node database cluster. Unfortunately, the best laid plans can rapidly disintegrate around you if something unexpected stops doing what its supposed to be. Happy to give you more details if you''re interested." [/quote]

im part of the team that runs the systems for most of suffolk NHS (not the 2 hospitals)

we run a 12tb SAN, 2 x 8 blade enclosures, about 6 SQL servers, about 10 different web servers, 2 different email domains accross 6 exchange server, 3 patient data based clinical systems, 20+ DC''s and connectivity to about 3000 NHS staff

what people don`t realise is that computing aint a exact science, things go wrong easily......

all it takes is for alorry to pile into your buildings Power transformer or a external auditor to power up a disconnected air con unit in your server room that hasnt been used in 5 years, that is sooo messed up it floods ur comms room with water and coolant or a secretary to plug both ends of a cat 5 cable into a switch that a contractor has mis-configured so u get a broadcast storm cascading accross a whole NHS HQ knocking out every switch, a Transco digger cutting ur fibre connection to the nhs, a finance accountant not under standing what a kilostream line is so cancel''s it!............ the list goes on!!!

[/quote]

And you think that''s bad ...........there''s nothing worse than a tablet of stone and a blunt chisel

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

Sounds just like the NHS to me - most of those problems could have been avoided with proper housekeeping and Change Management.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

Sounds just like the NHS to me - most of those problems could have been avoided with proper housekeeping and Change Management.

[/quote]

That''s the same NHS that employs We8WBA, so perhaps we shouldn''t expect too much.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the same NHS that employs We8WBA, so perhaps we shouldn''t expect too much.

[/quote]

No Fuzzy you are so wrong , don''t you remember we8 telling us that his section was making a profit in the N.H.S. ? Now I ask myself what section is we8 involved in , Is it the car parking section ? Is we8 the individual with the satchel around his neck taking the money?

We all know that we8 is a fun loving guy , I bet he is the life and soul of any party , I bet he enjoys his trips to the U.S.A. to watch the N.F.L. because he just loves sport so much , any sport , I know he has helped me so much on the Free Bet pages and I will always defend him against any attacks . The amount of work he has done on the Free Bet pages and also with the N.H.S. He deserves his Holidays in Los Vegas , which he described when asked why he was going ? "was to gamble ,gamble , gamble" I say good luck to him . arrdee.