Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Call that a victory parade?

I have just been looking at the pictures in the paper of Arsenals victory parade. It may be the camera angle but it looks to me as if there werent a third of the number of fans there as there were at ours. I suppose thats one of the draw backs of having your support spread out all over the British Isles.

Most of the reports I have seen have placed the numbers at somewhere between 100-250k so I guess it was the camera angle. But bearing in mind the population of north london I still think ours looked better!

My mate is an Aresnal fan and he went. He said that there was never 250,000 people there and that it was a real let down. As soon as the bus went passed everyone went home, no parties or anything of interest. He was so put out that he got a train back to Brighton rather than staying the night as planned!

The strangest thing, for me, was seeing each and every Arsenal player appear on the balcony of Islington Town Hall, (poor quality compared even to our City Hall!), and having to speak to the assembled crowd below. All of the foreign players came out first, one by one, and most ended up saying more or less the same thing, i.e. "thank you for your support, you have been great, thank you and goodbye!" It was hilarious after hearing that about fifteen times in various accents! I did feel a bit sorry for them though as the whole thing was very contrived. David Bentley said that he hoped he would play a bit more for Arsenal next season as he really loves the club! Um! Interesting. Has Mr. Wenger spoken to him recently, or was he just expressing a vain hope?

Just had to say that our parade was far far more spectacular, and our trophy is far far better than theirs. Looks like they got theirs out of a packet of cornflakes!

No-one will ever match our celebrations,no-one.

Funnily enough, I met a Arsenal fan, on the way back to Brighton on the train (took blooming ages as it was delayed, naturally) who''d also been to the Norwich celebrations!

He seemed to enjoy it!