Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Annoying things in football!!!

The ridiculous way that the authorities have stuck to allowing the Officials to retain control over timekeeping. In almost every other field sport we have an independant timekeeper.

Last Saturdays first half was typical. The additional 2 minutes was laughable as one injury incident took over 3 minutes before play resumed. The whole thing is so arbitary that it has become a complete joke.

Im with Fellas with my one, Wigan, Blackburn, Boro and Bolton that cant fill their stadiums week after week and only survive in the Prem cos of a sugar daddy when we sell out nearly ever week. How many people would we get in through the gates if we had a 40,000 seater and were in the prem

And for Jas, if the prem is so predictable why not come and have a go on Arrdee''s free bet page, it cost nothing and you could help win some cash for our acadamy.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"]

Last Saturdays first half was typical. The additional 2 minutes was laughable as one injury incident took over 3 minutes before play resumed. The whole thing is so arbitary that it has become a complete joke.

[/quote]

If that had been in the second half we''d have probably had five minutes added on. For some reason there is almost always more time added on in the second half than in the first, regardless of what stoppages there have actually been.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, the whole concept of The Premiership, Frank Lampard, $tevie Me, John Terry, Ashley Cole, SKY, Soccer AM, Tim Lovejoy, Grand Slam Sundays, Magical Mondays, Terrific Tuesdays, The "Champions" League, teams who set themselves up to stop the opposition reather than score themselves (i.e. most of them), Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker, Andy Gray, Jamie "Literally" Redknapp, Lord Purplenose, Carlos Quieroz, Watford, Stoke, Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Roy Hodgson, all seater stadia, corporate hospitality, hotels, travel agents, restaurants, the Glazers, Roman Abramovich, Hicks and Gillet, Thaksin Shinawatra, the baby rocking celebration, badge kissing, fans who spend the whole game calling a player every name under the sun and then run to the coppers when said player makes an "obscene gesture" at the end of the match..............................I quite like Arsene Wenger [:$]

I agree with so many of the above but here are some others...

Taking more interest in a club''s finances than pride of performance on the pitch EG. ''oh, it doesn''t mattter that we lost that game, the cup doesn''t earn you enough cash!''

Stadiums ''named'' under sponsorship deals - EG. ''The Emirates'' ''The Ricoh'' ''The Walkers''

Early, late and just plain odd kick-off times to suit SKY or the ''Policing'' of games.

TV pundits over-analysing every aspect of a match

The consistent under-achievement of the England team

The lack of successful British coaches/managers/players from lower leagues given the opportunity to work in the Premiership, especially in the higher reaches.

WAGS

Girls with the sole ambition in life of becoming WAGS

Oh, and Alan (I love the sound of my own voice) Brazil. If you have heard him on talksport, you will know what I mean......

the so called women of bbc who commentates on motd

im so happy when its split weekend i.e 5games each day n dont have to listen to her

[quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]

the so called women of bbc who commentates on motd

im so happy when its split weekend i.e 5games each day n dont have to listen to her

[/quote]

a so called "woman", so shes a man then is she?

jas :)

[quote user="ricky knight"]Rooney, in fact anything to do with Man Utd.[/quote]

lol now that I will agree with, paint him green and he looks like Shrek [:D]

The use of props to celebrate goals.

What''s that all about? Examples: The Fulham player with his mask and Tevez with his dummy, an indication his wife has had a baby and probably proof to all of us that he has actually been able to sleep with a female.

I hope Sky don''t pick up on this too much and request that FIFA use this theatrical element to earn extra points in a game. It could become our version of the converted try in rugby.

Team scores goal = 2 points

Team puts on McBeth style performance = 1 extra point

They will of course claim it''s good for the game and it adds to the overall entertainment for the fans.

Sky TV

Players being paid too much

Too many foreign players

Attendances at football in general

Fans who don''t stay positive

Losing games