Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Annoying things in football!!!

Some things are soooo annoying in football.........Such as linesmen not stopping the ball anymore!

Players with short sleeve shirts wearing little gloves!

Players like Torres and Baros constantly stroking their hair back behind  their ears!

The theory that scoring a goal could in fact get you sent off!with that i mean the shirt off thing and going within 2 feet of your own fans!

Players cheating, to gain penalties/free-kicks/get opponents booked/sent off etc.

The grey area regarding off-side.

Players who don''t appreciate how bl**dy lucky they are to be playing a game, for film star wages.

It''s annoying when people take a football related topic and turn it all political, like on the "Is Pattison''s Drunk Driving Splitting the Dressing Room" thread. That never used to happen.

Clive "soundbyte" Tyldesley! you can tell he''s got some pre prepared rubbish to spout on the champions league games... Pity he never gets to say it as a player misses a chance isnt it?

jas :)

• Changing the name of  linesmen to ''assistant referee''s''
  • Sky TV
  • The FA
  • Managers being punished by the FA for speaking their minds over referee''s.
  • Fabian Wilnis
  • Jim Magilton''s accent
  • Joey Barton
  • Still no technology (i.e. touchline and goal line)
  • Glory hunting fans (blah blah blah I''m not a glory hunter I''ve followed them all my life, my Dad supports them)
  • Womens football (Sorry girls Embarrassed [:$]Confused [*-)])

• Wenger
  • the amount of average foreigners in the premiership. I dont mind the world class ones!
  • Dermot Gallagher, Uriah Rennie and Rob Styles
  • Did i mention Wenger?
  • The offside confusion.
  • Sky TV Money
  • Andy Gray
  • Setanta
  • Stopping Goal Celebrations
  • Childish payers arguing with Referees
  • and Arsene Wenger....

Glory hunters

Penalties that arent given because ''It wasnt enough'', when it would be a free kick outside the box every time

Andy Gray

Dissent from idiotic players (See Cole, J. Ferdinand, R. Rooney, W)

Bookings for taking the shirts off and over-celebrating

The big four

Andy Durso

Referees not getting credit for good performances. Or managers who only criticize when the big decisions gone against them.

National media getting Norwich match reports horribly inaccurate

We could be here all day really

the FA thinking that to be clever they will go against what everybody else thinks they should do. (e.g: do something about sheff utd, accept aliadieres appeal etc...)

Ipswich Town

Chelsea fans.. how lame are they!

David Bentley (I hate bentley.. for a few reasons..)

stewards especially in the away supporters end not allowing any fun to be had.

The linesman not kicking the ball back.. agreed with whoever said that one!

and goal celebration rules (i.e shirt off/run to fans) .. thats pathetic.

no bottlecaps allowed in some grounds ..

im sure theirs more...

Quite a few I agree with here, not least the constant whinging and dissent from players (largely Premiership players) that gets shown and escapes unpunished on a weekly basis.

Unaccountability of professional referees. How refreshing would it have been to see Andy D''Urso give a post match interview and admit that he had made a mistake and that Jamie McCombe, not Lee Croft had handled the ball?

''Simulation''. How many times do you see a player go down under a tackle like he has  been shot and appeal to the ref for a foul, only to see the ref wave play on. Surely that is either a free kick or a yellow card for simulation? Too many for my liking.

People who call themselves ''Tractor boys''. Nuff said

- The fact that 99% of the country "support" man u, liverpool and chelsea.- You can''t stand and watch yer football- That teams like wigan and reading and bolton that have no fans are in the premiership solely because they have wealthy owners.- That 1 of "the big four" will win the premiership for the next 25 and a half years- That the championship is sh*t on despite it being a lot more exciting to watch and certainly more so than watching bolton and wigan draw a match 0-0 in front of 3 people and a blind dog.- That no players are loyal to their clubs anymore and that footballers get paid more than nurses, policemen, doctors, teachers and bascially ever other job in the world and still want more.

I personally question anyone who calls Wenger annoying. His side play total football and are the TOP side to watch. A football fan saying they dont like Wenger is like a fat kid not likeing cake... Weirdos.

people who calll the prmiership the "best" league in the world.. it isnt.. its predictable and boring.

People who actually think the champions league is a competition worth wining.. how a team who finishes 4th can enter a competition for "Champions" is a joke!

It should be league winners, FA cup winners, and League cup winners... your not a champion if you finish second.

jas :)

Most of the above

plus the blatant obstruction by defenders on the pretext of shepherding the ball out - that really annoys me. In fact does obstruction still exist in the laws of the game?  Can''t remember the last time a ref gave a free-kick for it.

FAO LOONY LYNN

What has Wenger''s miserable, moaning personality got to do with Arsenal''s football?

I can like arsenals style of play without their manager!

The fact that the Premiership 16 filler teams and 4 that are any good

The fact the 4 have more foreigners than some other countries

The ridiculous amount of money thats involved in the game

Cheats, wimps and lightweights that dive

The general softening up of the game... its gone from a mans game to play area entertainment device regarding the physicality today...

Lack of proper FANS and an abundance of half-supporters that half-fill massive overly ambitious grounds...

Ipswich

Commentators that talk complete crap for lotsa money... Chris Kamara, anyone? (''OOOH my god what a goal.. he had a decision to make there, power it in with the right or place it with the left, he made the right choice there''.... went in off some guys knee)

I could go on, but i have a headache now

Enormously high wages for kicking a leather balloon around a field for 90 minutes a week

The even bigger gulf between the Premiership and the Championship

The ridiculously high fees payed for players

Sky TV for its virtual monopoly on football

The fact that only 4-6 premiership teams have anything at all to play for each season whilst the rest are purely there to make up numbers

The England team for basically being a useless bunch of overpayed gimp monkeys

Ipswich Town - Because they are scum... scum and... err... well... scum.Plymouth Argyle - No other team could sell their best players and still move up the table. Should be sponsored by Jam next season.Plymouth Argyles Deluded fan base - Bunch of Morons/Chavs/idiots/chavs and general moronicity.Arsene Wenger -  "I did no zeee ze inzident when Zesc broke  zeee leg of zee opposing player"Liverpool Fc - Because their fans are deluded as well.Referees who consistently mess up.Seb Blatter - Enough said.Cureton missing sittersNorwich always getting thrashed at Home park.Avram GrantRoman AbramovichRafa Benitez and his clueless lookReal Madridi could go on...

.........................That STUPID baby rocking goal celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........................David Pleat!!!!!

.........................Ipsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........................The Sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........................Garth Crooks!!!

.........................People who phone up to complain about their team ONLY being 2nd/3rd in the Premiership.

.........................Ipsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........................Dishonesty (Diving, claiming they ''didn''t see it'')!!!!!!!!

premier clubs playing no english players yet still classed as being an "english" team

arsene wenger constantly blaming arsenals poor performances on everything, everybody  except his players

clubs being allowed to loan so many players

high prices to watch mediocre football

the rich clubs getting richer when so many smaller clubs are struggling and going into administration

the FA for being a bunch of spineless idiots

referees not using common sense and making grassroots refs jobs harder

[quote user="Beatle"]

.........................That STUPID baby rocking goal celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Yep, I''ll agree with this one too, and the ''big four'' as has already been mentioned.

-The unbelievable amount of support for Gary Doherty from fans who don''t mind dumping on other defenders who can actually get the ball up field to one of our guys.

-People in Houston who claim to be Arsenal or Man U fans, however slight, even though they can''t name any players on the team. of course, in the case of Arsenal, most people in England can''t name any Arsenal players correctly because the names are a cluster of consenants with 3 "u"s in a row somewhere in the middle, and who knows how to prounouce that anyways?

-People who BELIEVE there are no Englishmen who can manage the England team. Are you kidding me?