Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bristol City v Norwich City - official match thread

Callers to Canary Call suggesting that it''s our best away performance for ages

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we are all gutted, but I would be lying if I said I was suprised [:|][/quote]

Good point. Sadly it seems we just have too many players who just are not good enough!

Callers at the game are saying how proud they were today and how well the team played.

Sounds like Hucks is back to his best too so give him a contract Roeder!!

Well, that''s bloody annoying - it seems that as with the Stoke game it was a case of a side that is at the top getting the breaks; it happened for us quite a bit in our title winning season (last minute winners in quite a few games, the ref assist vs Reading, just off the top of my head). 

It does put us under a bit of pressure for next weekend, but imo we have clearly turned the corner from our slump in form. I for one don''t think we should be tearing our hair out about losing away to a side in the top 2 - and there are sides in a much worse position than us, for sure (Southampton immediately spring to mind).

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]It''s all very well and good playing well, but playing well don''t get you points.  The Colchester game is a prime example, ok so not a good side, but are we so much better?  Norwich city won that and the football wasn''t good.[/quote]No i''d rather not play well, I mean long term we''ll do better playing crap, what utter tosh. Sometimes you play well and lose, it happens, but i''d rather show that we can play good football.[/quote]

Ok so in an ideal world we would be playing superb football and winning.  Not happened in years though has it? 

So you''d rather see great football and lose rather than walk away after watching an untidy poor game and getting 3 points, that''s fair enough and your perogative.  Me, I would rather walk away from a rubbish game and have 3 points any day.

[/quote]Playing good football is the only way we will have long term success, sometimes we will lose but i''d rather be optimistic following performances like that. Of coure 3 points is the objective of every game, but playing crap and sneaking points will not get us far will it. Good football and good results are linked. We were unlucky today, i''ll remain upbeat.

more satisfied city fans!! unbelievable! we still lost and got ZERO points! wake up people, we need points, if we lose every game between now and the end of the season but still play well and get relegated will you all be happy then? this sums up how easily pleased some city fans are.

Roeder disgusted, and rightly so it would appear - fourth official told Roeder a Bristol City player clearly handled the ball before the free kick which should''ve gone Norwich City''s way rather than Bristol City''s...

[quote user="baldyboy"]more satisfied city fans!! unbelievable! we still lost and got ZERO points! wake up people, we need points, if we lose every game between now and the end of the season but still play well and get relegated will you all be happy then? this sums up how easily pleased some city fans are.[/quote]

Keep you hair on....

[quote user="baldyboy"]more satisfied city fans!! unbelievable! we still lost and got ZERO points! wake up people, we need points, if we lose every game between now and the end of the season but still play well and get relegated will you all be happy then? this sums up how easily pleased some city fans are.[/quote]

Just because someone says we''ve played well, doesn''t necessarily follow that they''re satisfied. You have to wonder at the "logic" some fans sometimes apply [:@]

My thoughts exactly, and IMHO 3 points playing pants are better than playing well and getting a big fat 0.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Just because someone says we''ve played well, doesn''t necessarily follow that they''re satisfied. You have to wonder at the "logic" some fans sometimes apply [:@]

[/quote]

Exactly, there''s a difference between being happy with the performance and satisfied with the result.

Excuses, excuses, if you don''t put the ball in the back of the net, you don''t score, hence you don''t win. Still need another couple of points to stay up, will they come from West Brom or Ipswich?? No

Burnley always do well against Norwich and are on fairly good form, including a win today.

The next win will be against QPR i reckon, even that won''t be a certainty.

[quote user="sam"]

The next win will be against QPR i reckon, even that won''t be a certainty.

[/quote]

Is there such thing as a certainty in this league? I don''t know one.

[quote user="sam"]

Still need another couple of points to stay up, will they come from West Brom or Ipswich??

[/quote]

WBA got the fright of their lives against Colchester yesterday, so they''re not exactly on fire. And we always have a chance against the Binmen.

Cheer up!