Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The complacency of Neil Adams !

I''m glad Neil Adams still thinks we will get 4 or so points we will need, but where from?

Before the game to day it was 4 from 6, now its 4 from 5- these games are dwindling down and anyone who remembers the circumstances of the 84/85 season should never be complacent when teams below us have games in hand.

The fact is we had one of these 4 points IN OUR HANDS today going into the last minute of injury time , now if you can''t win a game just make sure you get out with what would have been a valuable point.

I wasn''t there today so would need the opinion of someone who was - in that last minute, were the two long range efforts from Evans really going to trouble the goalkeeper or should we be holding onto to the ball, to wind the clock down, making sure we come away with a point??

Yes, but Adams is a club employee, he''s hardly going to start worrying sleepy Narrfolk folk with worries about relegation... just sit tight... relax... everything will be fine... the lifeboats are inflated and the captain is staying at the helm...

It would be far more interesting if Smudger or Wiz was the City summariser and Canary Call host.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''m glad Neil Adams still thinks we will get 4 or so points we will need, but where from?

Before the game to day it was 4 from 6, now its 4 from 5- these games are dwindling down and anyone who remembers the circumstances of the 84/85 season should never be complacent when teams below us have games in hand.

The fact is we had one of these 4 points IN OUR HANDS today going into the last minute of injury time , now if you can''t win a game just make sure you get out with what would have been a valuable point.

I wasn''t there today so would need the opinion of someone who was - in that last minute, were the two long range efforts from Evans really going to trouble the goalkeeper or should we be holding onto to the ball, to wind the clock down, making sure we come away with a point??

[/quote]you''ve probably got a point re winding the game down and shutting up shop.  but lets be fair - their player should never have got away in space right at the death.  in a game we could and should have won, we''ve gone and put ourselves back under pressure again cos we''ve fell asleep at the back for both their goals.  talk about putting your head back on the chopping block!!!

Hmm.  Today we were playing AWAY at a side who now sit in top spot, and were extremely unfortunate to come away with something.  If you can''t take even a small positive out of that then it is pretty sad. 

IMO at the end of it all we probably won''t actually need as many as 4 points but, even if we did, with ''reasonable'' home games against Burnley and QPR to come, I don''t see any particular reason to fret just yet. 

I''m certainly not complacent as a poor run now could cost us dear, but with several sides and 4 points between us and the relegation spaces, surely it is the sides beneath us who should be worrying more.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Yes, but Adams is a club employee, he''s hardly going to start worrying sleepy Narrfolk folk with worries about relegation... just sit tight... relax... everything will be fine... the lifeboats are inflated and the captain is staying at the helm...

It would be far more interesting if Smudger or Wiz was the City summariser and Canary Call host.

[/quote]

I tell you what Mr C, I wouldn''t back off from blaming the real culprits of our demise, ie.Delia and her failing fellow board members.

Regardless of our  status when the season ends, they should resign on mass. They have failed this club, and us, at every level!.[:@]

The real issue is how many more time will we play well and lose. More importantly - how many many more times will we perform as we have done and get beaten.

We are nothing like out of the relegation battle yet - and the players know it. What begins to bother me is how much it means to so many of the squad who know that their future is elsewhere....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

Adams is a club employee? thats news to me, i thought he was a BBC employee?

[quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

He''s employed by both.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Hmm.  Today we were playing AWAY at a side who now sit in top spot, and were extremely unfortunate to come away with something.  If you can''t take even a small positive out of that then it is pretty sad. 

IMO at the end of it all we probably won''t actually need as many as 4 points but, even if we did, with ''reasonable'' home games against Burnley and QPR to come, I don''t see any particular reason to fret just yet. 

I''m certainly not complacent as a poor run now could cost us dear, but with several sides and 4 points between us and the relegation spaces, surely it is the sides beneath us who should be worrying more.

[/quote]

Yes on the face of it ''two reasonable games'' but we''ve left ourselves with no margin for error from these two games now.

With Ipswich away and WBA at home to come, these Burnley and QPR games are the games we need to get the points from IMO, (I just can''t contemplate a ''winner takes all'' at Hillsbrough).

If we had held out for this point today it would have meant that we could have got the job done in one of these two games, now we have put ourselves in a position where we need something from both of them.

I''m panicking now !

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

I tell you what Mr C, I wouldn''t back off from blaming the real culprits of our demise, ie.Delia and her failing fellow board members.

Regardless of our  status when the season ends, they should resign on mass. They have failed this club, and us, at every level!.[:@]

[/quote]

Yet another pathetic & pointless dig at the board.  I see the broken record is still spinning.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Yes on the face of it ''two reasonable games'' but we''ve left ourselves with no margin for error from these two games now.

With Ipswich away and WBA at home to come, these Burnley and QPR games are the games we need to get the points from IMO, (I just can''t contemplate a ''winner takes all'' at Hillsbrough).

If we had held out for this point today it would have meant that we could have got the job done in one of these two games, now we have put ourselves in a position where we need something from both of them.

I''m panicking now !

[/quote]

Don''t worry, Stro! We''ll beat Burnley & I don''t think we''ll lose to the scum!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I wish there was a head slap smiley. Perfect post to use it in [;)]

I don''t think he''s being complacent, merely saying what he thinks as he always does and good on him after GR''s rant.  Strange the amount of people who seem to be having a whinge at Neil Adams and Chris Goreham I have to say.  I suppose when the going gets tough.......blame the commentary team?

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet another pathetic & pointless dig at the board.  I see the broken record is still spinning.

[/quote]

So who else is to blame for the demise of our team Jimmy? Can''t wheel out the "Blame it all on Chase" excuses when this season alone we''ve flirted with relegation and been in our worst League position for FORTY years , can you?

You are aware that we''ve not always been div2 strugglers too aren''t you Jimmy?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More of a dig at the pathetic & pointless board. I see they''re still spinning like a broken record.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And our plight is just as bad as ever, spinning to oblivion, with your approval Jimmy!.[:S]

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

I''m just curious as to how a broken record would spin.

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He seems to be able to be employed by both without any apparent conflict of interest.... impartiality, freedom of speech and objectivity notwithstanding.  What a cosy little set up it is for everyone.

How about the players Roedy.  Cant blame Delia & Co. for under performing players can we Roedy.  Cant blame Delia and Co. for choosing the players because they didn''t did they.  Were you aware that we have been div 2 strugglers for much of the last 15 years Roedy.  Were you aware that our only success since 1985 came under this regime Roedy.

How our inept team managed to come away with nothing on Saturday, goodness only knows! I just wonder if all our luck has run out now. It seems we played quite well against Bristol City, and some say we could have deservedly walked away with all 3 points, but it wasn''t to be. Next Saturday''s match is now a must win game - one of many this season - if we fail to beat Burnley then things will be looking very ominous indeed. It was mighty fortunate that two of the teams outside the bottom three and below us (Barnsley and Southampton) lost on Saturday, otherwise we would be in an even tighter squeeze in the fight for survival.