Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

KEEPER

Have said it before on here, have been told by someone at the club that Roeder doesn''t really rate Marshall and its an area they will be looking to bring someone in during the closed season.  Why on earth he sold Joe Lewis though still sticks in the throat.....

If Roeder doesn''t rate Marshall then why isn''t Gilks being given a run?

I''ve never understood this about Norwich - we never give our other keepers a chance to show what we can do. I have no qualms about playing the number one keeper in league games, but we just seem to play the same keeper, week in, week out, through the entire season. Whats wrong with trying the other keepers in cup games? Other clubs rotate, but we never do (to be fair to Grant, he knew Gallacher wasn''t upto it, but still couldn''t decide on a keeper who was). Cup games were the perfect opportunity to bloody Joe Lewis into the team, but now he''s gone and making a great name for himself at Peterborough and looks a very good prospect. Could rue that one, me thinks.

[quote user="gangmower"]when are we going to get a descent keeper,he was at fault for both goals yesterday.bring back kevin keelan.[/quote]

I havent seen the goals. But 5live reckoned Marshall made a great save for the first goal, but they scored from the rebound (Ie Defences fault). Can anyone who has seen the goals describe what happened?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

If Roeder doesn''t rate Marshall then why isn''t Gilks being given a run?

I''ve never understood this about Norwich - we never give our other keepers a chance to show what we can do. I have no qualms about playing the number one keeper in league games, but we just seem to play the same keeper, week in, week out, through the entire season. Whats wrong with trying the other keepers in cup games? Other clubs rotate, but we never do (to be fair to Grant, he knew Gallacher wasn''t upto it, but still couldn''t decide on a keeper who was). Cup games were the perfect opportunity to bloody Joe Lewis into the team, but now he''s gone and making a great name for himself at Peterborough and looks a very good prospect. Could rue that one, me thinks.

[/quote]maybe he doesn''t rate gilks either!

[quote user="gangmower"]when are we going to get a descent keeper,he was at fault for both goals yesterday.bring back kevin keelan.[/quote]

Is this rather than an upwardly mobile keeper?

I saw Joe Lewis play for Peterborough against MK Dons last friday and he looked very shaky. Should have saved their goal, looked very suspect on crosses and generally looked very nervous. On that display there is no way he is ready for the championship and has a lot of improving to do! I think Roeder rates Jed Steer more highly!

Gangmower that is spot on!!!  Finally someone else rather than me and Jas think Marshall is not a good keeper.  He is a liability, dodgey on crosses and never comes for anything.  Time to give Gilks ago, but if Roeder dosn''t rate Marshall why isn''t Gilks playing??

Have you actually seen the goals? 

For the first Pattison didn''t get close enough to stop the cross, Pierce wasn''t close enough to the bloke who headed it, Marshall made a save and then Otsemobor did not react and let their bloke steal in.

For the second it is arguable that Otsemobor was at fault again.  But what he was doing marking someone like Brooiker from a set piece is another argument.

Apologies if I have been sucked in by someone posting merely for attention.

[quote user="Marty"]I feel a reply from Jas is imminent!
[/quote]

i dont disapoint Marty!

I saw the highlights today... Cant blame Marshall for the 2nd goal at all.. the defence went to sleep.. they know to play to the whistle... the whistle never came yet they got caught out!

as for the first goal.. well.... Marshall needs to learn whe to make TV saves and when to get his body behind the ball and keep it simple.. he tried to make it look good for the cameras yesterday and Ballsed it up big style!

Matty gilks must be Seething on the dugout!

jas :)

As I posted on this forum quite some time ago, if Mr Marshall is with you for next season Matty will be off, one way or another.  And there will be plenty of takers. 

I cannot comment on your keeper as I have not seen him play but I have seen Matty quite a number of times (albeit at lower level) and I regard him as a tremendous keeper with great potential.  I believe he can go all the way but, now, he needs to get out to save his career.  There will not be room for the two of them for another season.

what a load of c***, not our Goalkeeper but some of the inane comments about him!! Those who actually went yesterday will trestify to the fact it was pouring with rain, the original header bounced just in front of him making the initial save a very good one, the fact 1 of the defenders switched off to give Abebola a tap in was NOT Marshall''s fault!!

The guy is 22/23 and will make mistakes over the course of the season, however he has saved us on numerous occasions this season, as any one who went to Southampton will testify. We have a limited amount of cash to spend in the Summer so lets not go wasting it on a keeper as this one has been hounded out.

The game against MK Dons... If I remember correctly wasn''t it awful weather blowing a gale making it hard for any goalkeeper... But then again he must be playing really bad to be picked for England U21 (not in squad last week only because Peterborough had a game Monday) and to win Div 2 player of the month... Jed Steer is a great propect but is only 15/16...