Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

The morning after . . .

I don''t blame Roeder one bit for being angry at the ref''s decision that cost us the game yesterday. But is it just me, or does this smack a little bit of finding a scapegoat for our current predicament? Andy D''Urso obviously cocked it up big time yesterday, but we''re not where we are in the league because of him. And it''s not as if our players haven''t made hundreds of mistakes all season . . .

People who were at the game yesterday say that if we play that well for the rest of the season, we''ll stay up easily. But it''s often said that good teams can play badly and win - well, at the moment we seem to be able to play well and lose. Let''s not forget, even if D''Urso hadn''t got it wrong yesterday, we''d have still only got a point even though we apparently deserved all three.

Working on the worst-case scenario that we''ll get nothing from WBA or Ipswich, we need at least a win and a draw against Burnley and QPR if we are to avoid a winner-takes-all game at Hillsborough on the last day.

Or am I being too negative here?

I agree completely - while the ref did make an error the game should have been done and dusted by then.   

Once again the midfield have done well and created plenty of chances;  once again it seems we have failed to make their keeper work hard enough with our  strikers again wasting chance after chance and failing to hit the target with some really good chances.  Our strikers HAVE to get efforts on target - just wide again and again is not good enough.  At least Ched got a couple of efforts on target near the end.

Even after the free kick we could have cleared the danger but again we failed to defend properly when we most needed to do so and failed to clear the danger. 

Yes the standard of refereeing is inconsistent - however it is still our players that failed to score or defend well enough  

it''s a shame but at the end of the day we should still defend the set piece, but these descions will even out over the course of a season. Still, we played pretty well so with more of that we will be stay in the division I hope.