Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Oops. Roedy Isnt Happy!

Strong words from the Gaffer today (listening on Radio Naarfolk). But understandably unhappy at D''Urso. Im off refereeing tomorrow, and I can assure you I would be better than him! (and I''ve only done a few games since qualifying!!)Unlucky today Norwich, very very unlucky. Keep Going Lads !! [Y]OTBC!

Meh, the referee in our 6-aside league this week lost count of the score in our game and had to "guess" the final score, so it could have been worse.

[quote user="MK Canary"]Meh, the referee in our 6-aside league this week lost count of the score in our game and had to "guess" the final score, so it could have been worse.[/quote]Haha!! Now that IS embaressing!Though, correct me if I''m wrong, isn''t D''Urso the ref who Roy Keane confronted and "told him a piece of his mind"?

Just a diversion tactic, his players couldn''t defend a free - kick? so blame the ref for a bad decision. Reffereeing is one of the hardest jobs you have a split second and no replays, and mistakes will happen ( providing that they are genuine) i have no problem with that. Once the kick had been given the players should then sort out the positions and defend it.

I wonder if any of them were distracted by the antics on the touch line?? - It''s always easier to blame others

[quote]

Just a diversion tactic, his players couldn''t defend a free - kick? so blame the ref for a bad decision. Reffereeing is one of the hardest jobs you have a split second and no replays, and mistakes will happen ( providing that they are genuine) i have no problem with that. Once the kick had been given the players should then sort out the positions and defend it.

I wonder if any of them were distracted by the antics on the touch line?? - It''s always easier to blame others

[/quote]True, and I''ve got a big test tomorrow aswell. But if the 4th Official had seen it, why wasn''t he refereeing the match?

True, and I''ve got a big test tomorrow aswell. But if the 4th Official had seen it, why wasn''t he refereeing the match?

I wasn''t there but maybe a different angle provided a better/different view? - It''s gone let''s move on.

Roeder can blame the ref all he likes.. why doesnt he blame his team for going to sleep at the final munite and not dealing with the immediate threat?

Sour Grapes arent going to change the refs mind.. Clarke got himself sent off from the dug out didnt he? if Roeders comments get him a touch line ban then just who will manage the team for saturday?

Use your bloody Head Glen FFS!

jas :)

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I have never heard an interview like it from a Norwich manager! He''s fuming.[/quote]Tell me about it! He was having to pause to calm down - talk about passion, I think we all know what goes on in the changing room at half time now when our guys come running out of the tunnel and start performing!

I''d rather interviews like that than boring worthy everyday of the week, at least it shows he cares (I''m sure worthy cared deeply)... It was a Colin W (Neil Warnock if you don''t know what I mean) type interview... To be honest if he gets a ban will it make any difference, he spends the first half upstairs anyway.

Yes we could and should have defended better, but judging by what people say about the performance, if he''d have moaned about that he''d have been slagged off, so he can''t win!  If he felt the referee made a clear mistake, which by all accounts he did he''s got every right to be annoyed.  You can blame the defense as much as the referee, both got things wrong.  I don''t know why people are defending the referee... Andy D''Urso is one of the worst ref''s in England, how he ever was a Prem ref is beyond me.  So it''s no real surprise he messed up against us.  I''m sure he did tel the players in the dressing room about missing and the poor defending.  But if Roeder makes mistakes he''d be slaughtered and sacked, if players make mistakes (like the doc) they get slated, so why can''t the ref!?

Every single time D''Urso refs our matches he shows a bias against us! Its about time he was investigated as to why this is!!!! [A]

Roeder''s definitely a Premiership manager then - it''s an essential qualification, to blame disappointing results on the ref, along with "I never saw our player decapitate the lad, if you ask me it was all handbags, it was just mistimed" etc. Sadly, Worthy never got the hang of that.

Be careful-you will overdose on sour grapes! As for him being biased please get a life-whilst he does not get everything right(what ref does)it is ridiculous to say he is biased against Norwich. For your assertion to have any substance the assessor would also have to be biased each time-the assessor is not the same person for each game. Rest assured if a ref did show a bias it would be dealt with. It is easy to fall into the Roeder trap by blaming the ref for the shortcomings of the team.

On what I have seen for the past couple of seasons I do wonder why I renew my season ticket-poor teams and poor managers. Some poor refs decisons-some which have gone in our favour. At th end of the day it is the players who score the goals not the ref!