Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Free transfer...

I see that Leicester City''s Keith Gillespie is available on a free transfer.

Does anyone think he could solve our right side midfield/winger problems? He is stacks better in talent than Ian Henderson...I really don''t want to see that guy again...sorry Ian.

You aren''t one of the ''fans'' who has booed Hendo are you Canary Boy? I sincerely hope not......

Ian Henderson is a very talented young man, who consistently scores for the England U-19s, when he plays in his proper position, striker. Ian Henderson has played an important part in our promotion this season, playing well out of position without complaining - leave the poor lad alone.

I''ve been a fan of Gillespie for a long time. He still looked good this season and would fit nicely into the right wing - one of our problem areas.

But Templeton''s right Canary Boy, Hendo is looking like a class act coming through the ranks here. Give the youngster a chance, he''s gonna prove all the boo-boys wrong.

i dont think gillespe would play with any kind of passion, i think that is the general consensous amongst fans of clubs he has already played for. if we were to get a winger from a relegated club, i would love to see us get mark kennedy- and i think he has a very good temperament- he''d be a fans fave id say....
as for hendo- am i right in thinking hes only 17?! younger than wayne rooney! how can he be written off at that age? dont u think he wouldnt be representing the country if he wasnt any good? deary me.....

Point taken Templeton, DumbleDelia and Jonzey.

I have never boooooed Hendo at all and never would. I am right behind our squad. Let me re-phrase my first post. I don''t want to see Ian Henderson on the right side of midfield again.

So then...Keith Gillespie?

Gillespie is a poor idea for me. Isn''t his likely transfer destination possibly going to be to La Manga Prison XI?

Im sure he''ll get a fine tan but his unavailability for a number of months/years may scupper this particular signing.

Hendo was awful at times this season but then he is 17 and playing out of position. Having said that NW started Jarvis and Hendo against Northampton. Hendo was guilty of a heinous miss and we lost 1-0. That game was a blessing in disguise (out of the cup, concentrating on the league etc) and both of them must have learnt a lot being with a successful squad over the season. I look forward to both making cameo appearances next year.

I think if the wages were right, he would be worth having on the bench. He is the sort of player who can change a game........... Just don''t let him arrange any player holidays to Spain!

Sorry, but Gillespie is the sort of player City ought to avoid like the plague. Even if he is proved innocent over the Spain incident, he was obviously not behaving himself like the professional athlete he should, hardly likely to win over Worthy. In addition, despite big money moves to a multitude of big clubs, what has he actually done?

Over rated, over age and over the hill. Always flatters to deceive when I''ve seen - we''ve already got better. No thanks.

I think he likes a little flutter on the Gee-Gees, and isn''t in possession of very good disciplinary record. Couldn''t see him and Nigel being "bosom buddies" and there are better players available from other sources. No thankyou......

Ye gods....no, no, NO!!!!! Look at his record at MU, Newcastle, Leicester etc...exactly the type of player that we DONT want - overpaid and underchieving.

Am I the only one that thinks these "only marginally slightly better than average players" should all be avoided. Why are we looking at players from teams that have been relegated. Yeah, I know there are some great "bargain buys" to be had but I feel that players like Bentley are the way forward. We should try and get some quality signings like Forssel on loan. I would rather play with much the same squad with a few "sparkling" additions like Huckerby added this year as opposed to spending money on mediocre players. Nigel should really push the boat out and sign (someone LIKE obviously we need to be realistic) Ljunberg / Bergkamp. I am sure there are some great players that could be brought in on loan.

its all well and good having ambition and we have tons of it but we have to be REALISTIC!!!!.....we cant afford half the players weve mentioned and half of them wouldnt want to come here! players like gillespe are big names and if we are looking to add to the team with better players..he is a better player than hendo.im not sayin gillespe would be my choice because he isnt,but should we be aiming our hopes by mentioning players like ljunberg, parker and forsell!?!? aint gonna happen!...weve seen the type of players worthington wants here. and by bringin them type of players in it is not jepordising our finantial status.we will bring the right type of players in and i believe we will stay up next season..but some of the players weve mentioned are ludacris :D.......OTBC

Gillespie. No!! wrong character, will unsettle the camp and spoil what we have here. Cooper ,Yes!!! an ok bloke, and the three binners that we mentioned in another thread, who will need what we have to offer, in sane and secure humanitarian surroundings turning them into real players and benifit our climb up the Prem.OTBC!!!!

Joe Cole on loan?

Didn''t we almost get him on loan many years ago?

Before you laugh remember WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE. Pennant went to Leeds for a year and they are rubbish, could be a good move for both Cole and Norwich.

Listen, all we have to do is try to get the EDP to casually mention the name of any prospective transfer target, and Megson will immediately begin throwing offers of long term contracts, bags of cash and the benefits of the Black Country at anyone put in the frame. By all means mention Gillespie, Ljungberg , Cole , Forsell , Parker and Pennant, and if the EDP publishes, the ginger whinger will be sniffing around them like a dog on heat! I will personally do my utmost to get the following names put into print, Jan Molby, Tony Cottee, Victor Segura and Carl Bradshaw!! Just wait to see if any of those put pen to paper with the Boggies

Ljungberg , Cole , Forsell , Parker and Pennant,.......ahahah.. come on!?!?.......yes we are premier league, but any other premier ship teams would struggle to bring those players in..thats why they are at the clubs they are at. ie chelsea arsenal!?!?..im just trying to keep my feet on the ground a little...wel try :P

I think deep down inside NCFC4EVA you are right. I think we shall be looking at good, decent and hard-working first division players rather than Ljungberg, Forsell and co. Just being realistic. If we can''t afford Kevin Cooper for 1m...then we are never going to get these guys...unless some sort of loan can be arranged...but we can''t live on loans.

I wasn''t saying get those players I was saying players **like** them which "sparkle". I realise we need to be realistic.

My point was that was shouldn''t settle for these mediocre players but should be casting our proverbial nets futher out. I''m sure there are decent players that are undiscovered / not in country who would make the transition.

We obviously need a bit of luck or something special to survive and perhaps gambling on cheap yet vibrant unknown players keen to impress might be the answer. Clubs like Leicester and Wolves asked questions of Smeicia et al and they failed to deliver. Why do we need them?