Sign in to follow this  
infoman

What were your thoughts on Bristol City?

Firstly I think you were unlucky to lose in the end as you over ran us in the second half

can I ask for those who went to the game your thoughts on the

your route to and from the game by car/train/coach

stewards

police

turnstile staff

catering

I know about the no backs on the seats

I think the norwich fans totalled  approx 1,200

I don''t think I will see England win the world cup or euros again.

I am one of the few that remain that have seen England win the world cup in black and white in 1966

So next best thing is to see Bristol City in the top flight

Most Bristol City fans, and I include my self,wouldn''t care if we got beat home and away in every game we play in the top flight in 2008/09

Be nice to see my team playing at Man Utd Arsenal Liverpool Chelsea etc

Thanks for the advice for road travel...brilliant getaway after the game. Used the signposted carpark five minutes walk £3.50...street parking nearly all gone by 1.30. Bought  a special offer bag with the local paper including a bottle of water for the journey home then had the the bottle top taken away by a jobsworth at the entrance. Good luck for the rest of the season even though you mugged us today-go and do the same to Saints next week.

You would be obviously delighted to go up infoman and fair play if you do.

But from what we saw today I am amazed you are in the top half let alone top of the league, I guess it must have been an off day.

Anyway, Police seemed fine and friendly. Stewards were fine (apart from 1 c*ck who I had an altercation with at the end). Ran out of food at half time, I presume you didnt expect to get that many in away end.

Was an entertaining day.

[quote user="infoman"]

I am one of the few that remain that have seen England win the world cup in black and white in 1966

Most Bristol City fans, and I include my self,wouldn''t care if we got beat home and away in every game we play in the top flight in 2008/09

[/quote]

[quote user="infoman"]

[/quote]spot on infoman - its amazing how many NCFC fans say ''i rather stay in the champs and see us win rather than lose every week in the prem.''  sad acts really - esp cos our underfunded side can hardly win in this league now.  reckon most who don''t want us in the big bad prem are secret big 4 supporters anyways!!!with the luck u had today, and sympathy from ref - your name must be written on one of the auto promotion places!!!

"Most Bristol City fans, and I include my self,wouldn''t care if we got beat home and away in every game we play in the top flight in 2008/09

Be nice to see my team playing at Man Utd Arsenal Liverpool Chelsea etc"

I thought the same before we got promoted but it doesn''t take long until you start thinking ''Actually, it would be really good to stay up'' - and then it hurts when you get relegated.

[quote user="infoman"]

[/quote]

I''m puzzled that if you''ve seen England win a World Cup then you must have seen the Robins in the top flight already ? If I remember correctly you managed a four year stint in the top flight last time but the gap between the Premier League and the rest is now so vast you might well have to quickly get used to losing on a regular basis if you do make it this year. Derby fans probably know where I''m coming from on that and it gets a bit wearing after a while but fair play to you on this seasons success and I hope you get your wish.

Regarding my thoughts on today I don''t live in Norfolk so it was virtually a straightforward all motorway/dual carriageway drive via A14, M6, M42, M5 and A4 to Bristol. At the ground the turnstile kids were friendly and I hardly noticed the stewards. The police were in the background but I was surprised there were so many there. Was it because we brought a fair number of fans ?

Strangely we messed up on the easiest part of the drive down as we missed the left turn off the A4 to the ground and ended up in Long Ashton. This turned out to be a masterstroke as we found The Dovecote pub. Made a nice change to find an away friendly pub serving good meals and decent local beer so close to the ground. I would recommend it.

I mentioned the police earlier. I reckon they must be short of funds in Avon & Somerset, for, as we left the pub for the match every car parked on the pavement on the bus lane side of the road leading up to the A4 had been ticketed. Must have been at least 20 cars in total, so, bearing in mind your undeserved 2-1 win, perhaps you can allow me to hope that they were all locally owned vehicles....

Thanks for your comments

Bottles I know its a pain having the tops removed but I think some bottles have been used

as a weapon to throw at players,fans or just onto the pitch although it don''t stop

any one  filling it up with liquid or human waste, putting a peice of paper in the top and then slinging it at someone  or something or somewhere

luck I think we have been very very lucky this season we went leicester and they had NINE golden

chances and they never converted any of them 

I think the best performance we have had this season was at carrow road

Fair point...I saw the world cup of 66 too and i agree on the chances of England repeating it, so I understand your analogy. So whatever the outcome, if you are to go up...and actually I hope you do as I have friends from Bristol...enjoy it. The Derby fans seem to have the right attitude...and its great for the coffers of course.

During the years 1976/80 (the top flight years)

I had to work most saturday afternoons to just scrape a living, things much much better nowadays

regarding the cars that were ticketed

in another area not far from  the ground, THREE cars were broken into

Its not very nice to see, as I had to walk by them,and it has happened to me

were any of your fans cars done?

Midway through the second half left hand side, as you looked at the pitch I am lead to believe that (evans?) stamped on brad orrs(number 2) foot

one forum poster said that brad orr did not retalirate,spoke to some one this sunday morning who said

that brad orr swung a punch that missed,did any of you see either incident?

your route to and from the game by car

Dropped the missus off at Ikea and it then took best part of an hour to cross the city. Parked really close to the ground in an industrial estate, great as it was pouring with rain. Took an  hour to get out of the industrial estate after the game though.

stewards

Most really friendly and helpfull. Even advised best place to hang flags. Were very surprised by numbers of Norwich fans turning up. What''s with this stupid insistence of removing bottle tops. Few clubs that insist on this stopped 2 or 3 years ago.

police

Surprised at numbers present.

turnstile staff

OK

catering

Oh dear. Ran out of several lines before the game. No hot food and hardly any hot drinks left at half time.

I know about the no backs on the seats

As we stood for most of the game not an issue. Another well done for the stweards here on not insisting on sitting.

came in via M32 and got completely lost. traffic cameras everywhere. hard to concentrate on naviagting when you''ve got one eye on the cameras.

eventually parked in coronation rd (nr church) and walked.

stewards ok but why stop people sitting in corner section who got there early ! (they must surely have known how many tickets sold)

most say i objected to policeman filming us when they had no cause to.  its not easy concentrating on the game with a camcorder in your face and trying so hard not to tell the holder to **** off. Perhaps they''d be better employed doing soemthing about those tedious extended vile chants from the home fans instead.

turnstile staff took my ticket stub and let me through (fantastic job..well done!)

catering (like the ground) very basic.

that''s my 9th and last away trip this season (lost 6 drawn 3)#

bristol c are a superior footballing side to stoke and watford but be careful waht you wish for (you''re going to have a miserable season if you get promoted)

I''m gonna leave you all in peace now, so good luck for the rest of the season

Ref the police filming, I can only say we don''t normally get home fans being filmed

So could it have been the Norfolk police

When we were at cardiff last week, we were fimed by three different camera operators