Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Southampton going down?

They just seem to lurch from one mess to another: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7318695.stm
Lowe is an idiot trying to get back in there. It''s like Robert Chase trying to come back less than two years after he was run out of Carrow Road.

And their remaining fixtures include Bristol City, Charlton and West Brom away and Sheffield United. Don''t fancy their chances at all.

[quote user="a1canary"]

They just seem to lurch from one mess to another: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7318695.stm
Lowe is an idiot trying to get back in there. It''s like Robert Chase trying to come back less than two years after he was run out of Carrow Road.

And their remaining fixtures include Bristol City, Charlton and West Brom away and Sheffield United. Don''t fancy their chances at all.

[/quote]

Yep, I think we can kiss bye bye to Southampton from the championship.  Sad for Wizard, who will need to find something else to bang on about once we don''t get relegated, but they are truly awful.  Loaning out Rasziak was probably the last straw.

Nasty run in for them and they''re definite favourites to go down now. Not only that, but If they did drop we could be looking at them going into administration given their apparently dodgy financial position.

Bad run in but may have home games against two teams with nothing to play for when they meet Sheffield United and Burnley.

Personally I think they will drop.  Putting the relatively inexperienced Nigel Pearson as manager was am amazingly stupid idea.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="a1canary"]

[/quote]

Yep, I think we can kiss bye bye to Southampton from the championship.  Sad for Wizard, who will need to find something else to bang on about once we don''t get relegated, but they are truly awful.  Loaning out Rasziak was probably the last straw.

[/quote]

Do you seriously believe, for one nano second Mr C, that I actually want City, my team for 50+ years to be relegated?

If so, then you''re a bigger fool then I actually had you down for!.[:|]

Would it really be a huge suprise though if Southampton were to beat Bristol City at home on Saturday?? especially if Bristol C were as ordinary as people have reported when we played them.

I''m bracing myself for a few more twists and turns yet for that final relegation place.

Bye bye Saints.  That also means if they go down Safri goes down.  Feel sorry for Saf, if it wasn''t for peter grant he would still be here, and him and Rusty would make a great partnership.

i think two horse race between saints and barnsley now

think how different it could have been if saints beaten derby in pen shoot out last year

but suppose its all ifs and buts

D''you think Saf would come back to Norwich if Saints were relegated? He always said he loved the fans here, and Grant''s gone, isn''t he the player we might need in midfield? On his day he had the ball on a string, although that string sometimes vanished!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]They are truly awful are they Mr Chops , so just what does that make us as we are only 3 points better off ?  truly awful too would be a good guess.[/quote]

The table doesn''t lie - overall, over the course of the season, we have been awful. Just a bit less awful than Southampton. The points gap may only be 3, but that doesn''t measure the shenannigans going on off the pitch at St Mary''s which must be truly depressing for saints fans.

On current form over the past 8 games, BARNSLEY might give Southampton competition for the last relegation slot.

Barnsley are currently picking up less points per game than Southampton and have the distraction of the FA Cup this weekend. This has the effect of games stacking up for them and while their games might not on paper seem as difficult as those for Southampton, physical and mental fatigue may just become a battle they cant win.

[quote user="yellow lorry"]D''you think Saf would come back to Norwich if Saints were relegated? He always said he loved the fans here, and Grant''s gone, isn''t he the player we might need in midfield? On his day he had the ball on a string, although that string sometimes vanished![/quote]

If Safri is the midfield general he''s suppose to be, then Saints wouldn''t find themselves in the pickle they''re in, would they ?

Because he''d be bossing games, tracking back for tackles, using his extraordinary playmaking vision for the killer ball to the strikers, and all that malarkey, wouldn''t he ?

Maybe he''s not all that good after all ?

Unfortunately for Southampton, they have sold players such as Anti Niemi, Maik Taylor, Martin Crainie, Wayne Bridge, Danny Higginbottom, Matt Oakley, Rory Delap, Gareth Bale, Kevin Davis, James Beattie, Theo Walcot, Kevin Philips, Kenwyne Jones and Peter Crouch without strengthening the team. The value of these players and the money they''ve accrued is probably to the value of around 30 million.Without players such as this, there is only one direction you''ll be heading in.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="a1canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you seriously believe, for one nano second Mr C, that I actually want City, my team for 50+ years to be relegated?

If so, then you''re a bigger fool then I actually had you down for!.[:|]

[/quote]

ooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOhhhh!

Handbags!

No, I don''t think you want City to be relegated, though it would suit your agenda quite nicely.  I was merely saying (and this is where you need to use some intellect, so read slowly) that if Norwich do not get relegated, you will need to find something else to bang on about.  Of course, there''s the board, Delia, the Doc, Roeder, painting a halo on Jamie C''s perfectly shaped head - so I doubt you''ll go quiet for long - but a change of record would be nice.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]They are truly awful are they Mr Chops , so just what does that make us as we are only 3 points better off ?  truly awful too would be a good guess.[/quote]

We''re not great, but at least we''re not Southampton.

agreed Canary boy.. it was what 5?6? years ago that Southampton got into the cup final.. if theyd kept that team together they could perhaps have pushed on and won a cup by now... Instead rupert Lowe did a Chase, Arry Redknapp turned Judas and it all went down hill from there...

jas :)