Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

No disrespect intended but...................

..............  I get the impression most of you have nothing better to do than spend all day on here which I find a little sad. Don''t you have jobs to do, hobbies, allotments or are you too old and too tired to bother ?

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"]

..............  I get the impression most of you have nothing better to do than spend all day on here which I find a little sad. Don''t you have jobs to do, hobbies, allotments or are you too old and too tired to bother ?

[/quote]

how have you got your 145 posts then? did you "sleep type" ?

I have this thing called a lunch break, during which I can use the internet.

Yes I do have a job and hobbies but no allotment, and you?

How did you so accurately sum up my life?  Do you have hidden cameras watching my every move?

Not everyone can have the success you have, Hardly any.  What do you find objectionable about my existence?  If I am happy doing nothing but posting here, then so be it.  Is it hurting anyone?  Oh crap, here comes the boss, gotta pretend I''m on some other website before he.........

[/quote]

People probably do it in the same time you find the time to post on over a hundred occasions. Or your a student in my case.

But to be honest if you think people spend every waking minute on here (Including the fact theres always a delay in posts). Well thats upto you I suppose.

[/quote]

I have more posts than many on here.. accumulated over time... i spend my break times at work on here... and probably half an hour in the evenings.... do it daily and it soon adds up..... same with all the other posters here im sure

jas :)

[/quote]

lol are you having a grin?

[/quote]

I have job, hobbies, wife, 8 week old child. And i post on here. Most who do are much the same. If that makes us all sad so be it, but it seems far sadder to spend your time dreaming up posts like this!

[/quote]

My god, you''re right ! I''ve wasted my life...

[/quote]

I have a job and hobbies.  What is your point?

Looks like I touched a raw nerve with you Marty. I did say "Most of you" so my observations were evidently not intended for all of you although I see you have posted 1,538 messages which tends to suggest that, IMO, you spend a surprising amount of time glued to this message board. You mention my 145 posts but you omit to mention that these have been made over two years plus and therefore represent a mere one post per week on my part.

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"]Looks like I touched a raw nerve with you Marty. I did say "Most of you" so my observations were evidently not intended for all of you although I see you have posted 1,538 messages which tends to suggest that, IMO, you spend a surprising amount of time glued to this message board. You mention my 145 posts but you omit to mention that these have been made over two years plus and therefore represent a mere one post per week on my part.[/quote]

over 4 years, not that much really, especially if the average time spent posting takes the same as this one (ca. 20 seconds).

Not a raw nerve, merely a huge assumption I think.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"]Looks like I touched a raw nerve with you Marty. I did say "Most of you" so my observations were evidently not intended for all of you although I see you have posted 1,538 messages which tends to suggest that, IMO, you spend a surprising amount of time glued to this message board. You mention my 145 posts but you omit to mention that these have been made over two years plus and therefore represent a mere one post per week on my part.[/quote]

over 4 years, not that much really, especially if the average time spent posting takes the same as this one (ca. 20 seconds).

[/quote]

Nope, raw nerve methinks .......... as with most of you who replied. Typical of most of you who lurk on this MB, you all pile in with your thoughtless reactions and opinions. Time and time again I have read a constructive new thread and then been dismayed to see all the silly responses. Why don''t you people (most of you that is but not all !) read peoples'' posts properly and reply to what people say rather than what you mistakenly think they have said ? Oh well, that''s my lot for another 6.367 days.

HaB, apart from "people who have time on their hands post in forums", is there anything else you''d like to add ?

Is that the sum total of all you have learned from wasting your own time lurking ?

Now, now Marty, he did preface his insulting, poorly considered commentary with a "No disrespect intended," so that absolves "Hardly any" of responsibility for what he wrote.  I mean, he didn''t MEAN to offend anyone with his rude, assumptive and wrong idea.

Besides, isn''t it much more important to be like him, an observer on the sidelines rather than a particpant in the event?  What school boy doesn''t dream of being in the stands at Carrow Road when they are grown up, rather than being on the pitch actually involved directly in the game?  When I was a lad, I wanted to be cheering in the Barclay, not scoring the winning goal.

sincerely,  Sarcasm Aplenty

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Nope, raw nerve methinks .......... as with most of you who replied. Typical of most of you who lurk on this MB, you all pile in with your thoughtless reactions and opinions. Time and time again I have read a constructive new thread and then been dismayed to see all the silly responses. Why don''t you people (most of you that is but not all !) read peoples'' posts properly and reply to what people say rather than what you mistakenly think they have said ? Oh well, that''s my lot for another 6.367 days.

[/quote]

Actually, I have no shame in admitting that since I a fan of the football club I find stuff posted about the club of interest, I also like some of the humour and banter here, no shame there sonny.

But I do have to fit it into my busy schedule, therefore either the harpsicord lessons, ferret training, power boating, hangliding, laser massage, whisky tasting or spanking session with the Mrs will have to be put on ice!  

It''s banal posts like yours that waste most time really isn''t it? Is it still half term?

"Time and time again I have read a constructive new thread and then been dismayed to see all the silly responses."

I certainly look forward to more of your constructive threads, and your sensible responses.

And to answer what you said, rather than mistakenly what I thought you said. I have several hobbies, I dont have an allotment, im not very old. Im currently doing my dissertation and reading a message board based around one of my hobbies (NCFC) helps relieve the boredom.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

HaB, apart from "people who have time on their hands post in forums", is there anything else you''d like to add ?

Is that the sum total of all you have learned from wasting your own time lurking ?

[/quote]

No, I don''t think so. I was just musing as I munched my lunchtime sandwich that the majority of posters on here, i.e the same old suspects, seem to spend an inordinate amount of the time on this MB. Sadly, I have now offended all of you albeit unintentionally but most of you seem to infer slight or offence or whatever where none is intended in the first place and I can''t do much about that. 

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

No, I don''t think so. I was just musing as I munched my lunchtime sandwich that the majority of posters on here, i.e the same old suspects, seem to spend an inordinate amount of the time on this MB. Sadly, I have now offended all of you albeit unintentionally but most of you seem to infer slight or offence or whatever where none is intended in the first place and I can''t do much about that. 

[/quote]

If you ask questions in a patronising tone, expect answers back in an equally patronising tone. You sound grown up enough to be able to deal with that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well since your post is yet another non football post that makes you a bit of a hypocryt really doesn''t it?

Can I ask, do you watch any soaps, Hotel Baylon or Desperate Housewives? now be honest will you! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hardly any backlift - You are without doubt a tool..............no disrespect intended.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Hardly any backlift"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hardly any backlift - You are without doubt a tool..............no disrespect intended.

[/quote]

Well, you see, unfortunately your post simply proves the point I have been making and I am surprised it passed the mods although please don''t worry, I took no offence from your post but it did make me smile indulgently.

[/quote]

I was hoping that you would enlighten me with what you had learned in your time here, old bean.  The nature of the first post made the likelihood of this becoming an abuse thread highly likely.  No offence intended. [;)]

if people spent all day on here i would have thought it would only take a day or two to get to 1000 posts, it took me more than a year

Agreed i know there can be lots of rubbish on here at times, So why put up a post like this causing the very thing that you find Sad? No disrespect intended but...........................I guess that makes you even more Sad Crying [:''(]?

if you don''t like what you''re reading on here, why don''t you just clear off, stop wasting your time and do something else?

[/quote]

And. almost unbelievably, later....

Sadly, I have now offended all of you albeit unintentionally but most of you seem to infer slight or offence or whatever where none is intended in the first place and I can''t do much about that. [/quote]

Really?  I presume you make friends with people by punching them in the face...

[quote user="Hardly any backlift"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Hardly any backlift"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, you see, unfortunately your post simply proves the point I have been making and I am surprised it passed the mods although please don''t worry, I took no offence from your post but it did make me smile indulgently.

[/quote]I agree with TheCanaryFan 100%, but of course, no offence intended.Please feel free to enlighten us as to how you fill your life up so much that you feel you can patronise and belittle us rather sorry folk who post here, i''d like the secret of your success.