New targets!!

This isn''t rumour: This is FACT

I have received a list of our summer transfer targets. They are as follows:

Georges Santos
Drissa Diallo
Dwight Yorke
Teddy Sheringham
Keith Gillespie

I received this list from my brothers, best mates girlfriend, who knows a steward, who''s dog sitter is Worthy''s next door neighbour.

Now for goodness sake, DON''T let any Ginger haired thieves get their hands on this list!

In all serious though this is a microcosm of what might well happen this summer. I was a bit peeved when Ricci Scimica went to West Brom and we got some prat on this site telling us we were naive. But then I sat down and thought about it logically and came up with this professional and educated conclusion: Who cares?

At the end of the day who was really excited when we were first linked with Scimica? Nige has never let us down before, he''s not going to start now. I don''t know who we will get this summer. But I do know that whoever we get will come because they want to come. West Brom can try and out do us by stealing our targets. But for every Hulse they get, we''ll get a Huckerby. We know our strengths. We know just how great our football club can be.

I''ve given up caring about who West Brom sign. Lets concentrate on signing the players who want to come here.

I agree DD, who was really that excited when the club named him as target. The only reason people are annoyed is that he chose Ginger and the Baggies. At the end of the day, he was only ever going to be a squad player, I don''t think NW ever saw him as a major factor to keeping us in the prem but as a versitile subsitute who covers more than one position.
I also have some top secret transfer targets that should be signing next week unless S-Megson hears about them first:
Dion Dublin
Craig Hignett
Dean Coney
&
Diego Maradona

Spot on DD. It doesnt matter what the Baggies do. It also doesnt matter how much attention we get in the national media. It is always flattering to receive coverage but it adds to the pressure on the club. We all know how good City really are - we dont need the national media to tell us. Extra coverage also means other clubs sniffing around our assets.

I was never convinced with Ricardo myself but NW seemed quite keen so would have gone with his judgement - he always appeared to be a carthorse to me but i would have been quite happy for him to prove me wrong. I expect Meggo has him booked in at the blacksmiths straight after Big Geoff''s appointment.

Whilst I normally profess to keeping the faith with City and not letting derisory comments get to me I have to admit old Zlatan''s comments got under my skin. He was even handed - he did praise us, but his criticisms were largely unjustified and badly researched. It always seems odd when we get fans from other teams on here and they always ruffle a few feathers. Im not sure if it is healthy to have a ringfenced messageboard (intended or not) but I prefer it without other fans. There are other boards where you can have a ding-dong with other fans.

Why was he/she called Zlatan? Does the poster think WBA have a realistic chance of signing the second best Swedish striker in the game?

Im now off to fax that list to the Hawthorns FAO Ginger

Oh dear...I have also sent the list to the Ginger Minger!! Superb list though DD, that should hopefully get the Ging to spend what little money they also have.

I wonder if we told Smegson that we were going to start contract talks with Mark Rivers, that he''d then slap in an offer for him.

Worth a try...