Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Lets do it for Dion

Taken from the pinkun article this morning. Shouldn''t it read: "Lets do it for the fans"?I know the players will have a lot of respect for wise ol'' hand but surely they should have equal or even greater respect for the great fans of this club that will always be behind them even if things get tough. I hope this rally call gets the players going though.OTBC.

Interesting arguement, but I think the ''Do it for the fans'' rallying call has been done several times over the years and never really produces anything. Especially if on the day of the match the fans are silent. As you suggest, I hope the players respect for Dion and his commitment to football will inspire them to a better performance.

I agree do it for the fans, no disrespect but Dion goes at the end of a season and wont give a rats axse about us, harsh yes but true, just shows though dont it, why not do it for Hux another gone at the end of the season and deserves the acclaim more imo.

"Let''s do it for the man who sells the progams"...what a load of old tosh,why not....let''s do it because we''re proffesional and thats what we get payed for.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I agree do it for the fans, no disrespect but Dion goes at the end of a season and wont give a rats axse about us, harsh yes but true, just shows though dont it, why not do it for Hux another gone at the end of the season and deserves the acclaim more imo.[/quote]

I disagree with Dion not caring. The bloke didnt have to come back for another season, cant say for sure but I bet he would be devastated if we went down.

But yes as you say, if Hucks is leaving as well then do it for both of them.

come on all the clubs Dion has played for we are his hearts desire, yea right. you believe he came back for another year because he loved us all so much, yea right.

Lets do it for our 100 year old striker? sod off Roeder.............lets do it for the fans!..................who pay your bloody wages.

[quote user="ricky knight"]come on all the clubs Dion has played for we are his hearts desire, yea right. you believe he came back for another year because he loved us all so much, yea right.[/quote]

Why do you think he came back then? Given that his family was in Coventry, im sure he has earned enough to live off, and he has going on 40. Im not saying we are his hearts desire, im saying hes an honest bloke who would fight tooth and nail to keep us up. I wish every up and coming footballer had the same attitude to the sport.

He did say how much he wanted to make the fans happy too before you throw your toys out of the pram and he talked about the players in length and how they should want to be doing it for their own pride and each other.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Lets do it for our 100 year old striker? sod off Roeder.............lets do it for the fans!..................who pay your bloody wages.[/quote]

And dont get me wrong I agree with this. But I would be very confident that Glenn has used the ''Lets do it for the fans'' rallying call several times in training, meetings, pre-match team talks etc. If he hasnt id be very worried. But as none of us are in the changing room we cant say for sure.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]come on all the clubs Dion has played for we are his hearts desire, yea right. you believe he came back for another year because he loved us all so much, yea right.[/quote]

Why do you think he came back then? Given that his family was in Coventry, im sure he has earned enough to live off, and he has going on 40. Im not saying we are his hearts desire, im saying hes an honest bloke who would fight tooth and nail to keep us up. I wish every up and coming footballer had the same attitude to the sport.

[/quote]

because like me he is not ready to quit the profession he loves and norwich are still willing to pay him for it. bottom line. As for coventry wow, i do hundreds of miles each week for my work and i still love it, coventry to me is a short hop.

cityangel wrote

He did say how much he wanted to make the fans happy too before you throw your toys out of the pram and he talked about the players in length and how they should want to be doing it for their own pride and each other.

Freudian slip?

It''s a tad cringeworthy isnt it!

I''m not that impressed with it, yes, its good that hes trying to motivate the players to perform but is this right and to do it publically im not sure. Why not do it for the fans?

Why for Dublin? Dublin is one of them, one who should perform, he''s been no better than most of late, so why should the rest perform for him!

It takes the pee a bit!

Then surely he would just join a club nearby to where he lives? As I said its not as if the guy needs the money.

But anyway, im sure we could go round in circles. Agree to disagree and all that.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Then surely he would just join a club nearby to where he lives? As I said its not as if the guy needs the money.

But anyway, im sure we could go round in circles. Agree to disagree and all that.

[/quote]

That assumes somebody wanted him, i repeat Coventry is not the end of the earth.

i would imagine some of the seniors pro''s are peed off at being rotated, and being told to play for their places.  roeders style might not sit well them some of them, and so clearly roeder is cleverly asking the boys to puff up their chests and play with pride for a fellow pro they know and obviously respect.  if dubs was hate, then roedy wouldn''t ask the others to play up for him would he???  its like saying to the dressing room, put aside any personal resentments you may have, ditch the chips on your shoulders, and lets all play for the shirt, the fans and dion.  obviously, the players perform for themselves first, then their shirt and the fans each week.  the ones who didn''t have already gone - and others will follow - make no mistake.  so, i think roedy is trying to get another emotional link into the boys by asking them to play for dubs.  obviously, he wouldn''t ask them to play for him,  cos thats  a sign of desperation, and gives away his authority to the players.