Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm getting impatiant!!

Here''s my morning ritual. I roll over in bed and reach for the tv remote. Football page 302 on ceefax. Nope, we haven''t signed anybody. Ok, it might not have reached the BBC yet, how about the internet. Official site, no. Pick Un, no. Message board, no. Sky sports, no. Damn! Maybe tomorrow!!

I know I shouldn''t be impatient. I keep telling myself that. At the end of the day the play-offs haven''t even finished yet. Calm down DD! But I can''t. I think for the first time in my life I know for a fact we will be signing some players this summer. It''s so exciting! I want to know NOW who we''re after, who we''re going to get. Everyday that goes past players seem to be crossed off. Scimca (gone), Sheringham (don''t want him anyway!), Hughes ("Total speculation"), Bentley (who doesn''t want the lad!!). Who ARE we going to sign??

I know I need to calm down, but I can''t!

Anyone else suffering from this awful disease? I call it transferitis!

Yes me first it was Huck signing sleepless nights,then getting enough points for promotion nerves ( would sunderland pip us to the automatic place ) then Championship nerves ( would the boring baggies spoil our season ) now as you say its transfer jitters where does it all end !!

Chill guys, what will happen will happen. Good things don''t just happen over night, they develop slowly, just relax back and watch it all unfold.

If Bentley wants to come and play here, he will. If not he won''t.
If Hughes wants to come and play here, ditto.

The quality will arrive. Worthy''s back from holiday now, so the ball will begin to roll again.

Im still recovering from the shock of signing Hux and getting promoted as CHAMPIONS (I will say it again, Norwich are the CHAMPIONS).

Considering where my mind set was a year ago (greatful to be linked with Taylor, Lee, King ect) I just chuckle to myself everytime we are linked to Prem quality players.

Dont worry DD, I dont rekon anything will happen until a couple of weeks before the start of the season. All the other teams will want to sort themselves out before they know who they want to offload (ie Villa will only sell Crouch when they have a replacement lined up) and some clubs are waiting for a new manager to come in before doing anything.

Hopefully by this time Smegson will of blown his budget on Leicester players.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure I heard Worthy or some other high figure stating in the press some time ago that the quicker we get promotion the better because it would give us an edge time wise on the other clubs with regards signing players, especially the play off contenders who wont even know until next week who will go up. I do hope this is not going to be another season like last year where all players we go in for are snapped up by other clubs or they dont want to come. OK the ones we missed out on have not done anything special but we did not know that at the time and became quite frustrated at missing out on everybody. The Bentley saga is a prime example with what I am sure he is waiting to see if West Ham go up so he does not have to leave London (there again would you blame him). Saying that there are other players that would be valuable to us whom we do not seem to be interested in (Kevin Cooper (nothing since he left her) - Bryan Hughes) so I suppose the club know what they are doing cos sooner rather than later these players will be snapped up.

its not going to end next season is going to be the same. hopefully euro 2004 might distract us sufficiently

Personally , I dont think that running around trying to buy players ahead of other clubs is the way to go ! , and the fact that Worthy went on holiday seems to indicate he is laid back and cool about this too !! ....... lets face it , a lot of the players on the prem market just now have a dubious CV! ..... paying outrageous prices for duds is a recipe [ Delia :) ] for a swift relegation ........... I hate to keep using Mancity as an example [ not really ! ] , but Keegan had 50 mil dropped in his lap ...... and he shopped till he dropped [ into the relegation zone , LOL ] !! , oh yeah , they were all " prem " players [ whatever that means ] ..... but whatever talent they possessed did not manifest itself into goals ! ..... and THATS what they are getting paid for ! not to mention a pathetic defence !! ....... we do need to enlarge the squad ....... but not with panic buying .....

I dont think WBA can actually afford to go out and buy too many more players untill they axe some.

They still have Lee Marshall the last time I heard. And they seem to be going for cheap taff.

They have a huge and largely average squad. They still dont score many goals and they forked out £1million squid for a player that is thirty something and is not guaranteed to score goals!

Last season they signed two players we were after, thank god because they are nothing on Francis and Huckerby, or McKenzie and Svenson. I mean we got four quality players in for less than £2 million. That averages to £500k each. What do they have to show for their £2 million? A couple of fringe players!

Worthy is a genius, let him work his magic!