Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Norwich Sign Dutch Striker

Norwich have signed Blackburns Dutch striker Maceo Rigters on loan.  Move could become permanent  in the summer if he impresses at Carrow Road.Rigters 24 years of age and 5ft 10ins tall switched to Rovers FROM NAC Bredfa last summer, fee undisclosed. His scoring record not impressive at all however often a change of scene works wonders. Hope springs eternal.

Being stuck out on the right wing at Breda would sort of mess up his strikers stats. He did all right for the Dutch under-21s though.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A striker with an unimpressive scoring record playing for Norwich - whatever next?[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Oh Gawd..........lets pray Southampton lose all their games!.[/quote]Once again lets play ''bash the new guy before he''s even played''.   Im offering 2-1 odds on a thread being started by you next week saying [:D] - Maceo Rigters, I think he is GOD.AND THEN im offering ''evens'' on you changing your mind the week after that.

I have seen reports linking us and the Scum, but nowhere has it been reported that we have actually signed him, apart form on this Forum.....

[quote user="Getalife"]Norwich have signed Blackburns Dutch striker Maceo Rigters on loan.  Move could become permanent  in the summer if he impresses at Carrow Road.
Rigters 24 years of age and 5ft 10ins tall switched to Rovers FROM NAC Bredfa last summer, fee undisclosed. His scoring record not impressive at all however often a change of scene works wonders. Hope springs eternal.
[/quote]

I''m sorry but I can''t see any evidence about this supposed signing, could you post you source if possible?

God sake people when we tried to get him in the summer people were saying what a great effort and he will never sign for us.  Was the top scorer in the U21 and named as one of the best players.  Now however because he hasn''t played for Blackburn he is no good.  Lets give him a chance shall we and see what he can do. 

[quote user="Duffman"]  

Im offering 2-1 odds on a thread being started by you next week saying [:D] - Maceo Rigters, I think he is GOD.

AND THEN im offering ''evens'' on you changing your mind the week after that.
[/quote]

Very doubtful of that Duffo, this rumour has been based on an article in todays Dail Mail, as yet, the club has said nothing

What is up with some of you lot? IF we HAVE actually signed this player why o why can''t we just give him a chance before we start to rip him apart. If I was a player with a chance of joining Norwich I don''t think I would want to with the attitude of some of the ''fans''.

I am amazed at the physhic perception of some of you. Never seen the guy play but expertly already know he is rubbish! I woulnt want to be on the recieving end if I was in court and you were on the jury!

Give the guy a chance!

i remember when we were in for him over the summer... some of these phrases linger in the mind:"Now this is ambition!""He will never sign for us!""Absolute Quality!""The board are finally backing their manager!""Would be an awesome signing!""Looked brilliant in the U21s!""Drenthe and Babel have gone to Madrid and Liverpool, this guy is almost as good!"and words to that effect....

signing this man would be brilliant.

wouldnt belive the daily mail, the report more and more like a red top every day, even there features are dumming down to a the level of the sun and mirror (a new anon column called "hatchetman" for gods sake)

[quote user="Polar"]i remember when we were in for him over the summer... some of these phrases linger in the mind:"Now this is ambition!""He will never sign for us!""Absolute Quality!""The board are finally backing their manager!""Would be an awesome signing!""Looked brilliant in the U21s!""Drenthe and Babel have gone to Madrid and Liverpool, this guy is almost as good!"and words to that effect....

signing this man would be brilliant.[/quote]Top post.

press conference....

looks like the scum have been beaten to a striker.

why a press conference for a loan? is it going to become permenant?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Duffman"]  

Im offering 2-1 odds on a thread being started by you next week saying [:D] - Maceo Rigters, I think he is GOD.

[/quote]

Very doubtful of that Duffo, this rumour has been based on an article in todays Dail Mail, as yet, the club has said nothing

[/quote]

Press Conference. 3pm. Carrow Road.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Duffman"]  

[/quote]

[/quote]

Press Conference. 3pm. Carrow Road.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Mar%202008%2013%3A45%3A40%3A520

PinkUn are saying it ahead of the Press Conf - i guess they''ve had a ''heads-up'' or will look pretty silly!

i think so polar.i get the feeling he will become permanent, we did try and sign him before, so to blow the dust off a tape and shove it in the ol'' vcr and see what he is like...roeder should kno he is a good player.

And apparently looks like (according to reports) we beat Ipswich to his signing [:)]

sweeet!, you can hardly blame him for being stuck behind Santa Cruz, McCarthy and Derbyshire this year. This could turn out to be an amazing piece of business. Did you see him in the euro U-21''s! I was gutted when we missed out on him in summer, he''s surely better than the championship''s least potent strike force. Evans has dried up, Dublin is too old to be relied on, and cureton seems to lack any composure to go with his goalscoring talents. Rigters brings something else. I hope it all goes to plan, and we can get him in permanently or on loan next season for our stab at promotion!

For all those bashing him already...

In 2007, Rigters was called up by Jong Oranje coach Foppe de Haan to be part of his squad for the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship held in the Netherlands. Rigters participated in both of their first round group matches against Israel (1-0 win) and Portugal (2-1 win) to secure a semi-final spot and to qualify for the 2008 Summer Olympics. Rigters had a great effort in the win against Portugal as his breakthrough in the penalty area gave the Dutch a penalty kick which was scored by Ryan Babel. He also scored the Dutch second goal of the match after a Royston Drenthe assist and was named man of the match by UEFA. Also, in the last group match against Belgium, Rigters scored one of the Dutch goals in a 2-2 draw. In the semi-finals against England, Rigters became a Dutch hero when he scored a 90th-minute equaliser with a bicycle kick to force the English to play the extra time as well as the penalty shoot-out, in which Rigters scored as well, as the Jong Oranje went on to win the shoot-out 13-12. The Dutch went on to retain their 2006 title by beating Serbia 4-1 in the final. Rigters scored the third goal, his fourth of the tournament, which was enough to edge him ahead of England''s Leroy Lita and give him the Golden Boot as top scorer. After the tournament he was named in the ''UEFA Team of the tournament''