Sign in to follow this  
kye5

parking ? help

hi ,

being an exile i normally park down at the council offices car park along with every man and his dog? unfortunatly my mrs wants to come saturday to try norwich for some clothes shopping never got enough clothes, single lads you have been warned !....has anyone used the st andrews multi storey near the town centre and if so is it easy enough to park in on a saturday or any other all day carparks you can recommend  cheers kye

Park and Ride is the way to go. Norwich has the most number of  P&R sites in England by the way.

You could actually park at Carrow Road this forthcoming matchday......I think there may be a spare (player parking) slot available, all depending on a certain legal outcome.......Perhaps if you offered the individual a ride to the ground......he would be most grateful and pay you in Krugerrands and will definitely buy you a beer[B]

If not, purchase yourself a ''stretched'' Golf Buggy, stick a few senior citizens in it - and 30 mins before kick-off charge around the stadium outside perimeter at max-speed and give those dears the ride of their lives.....Then abandon it outside the Player''s entrance - and make your way to your turnstile......The buggy should still be there at full-time, and if we don''t get a result, you can always offer the board a lift outta town......but, I think a Securitas armoured van would be more appropriate..........

Now, what was this thread about again?......Oh yes, do what Rude Old suggested.......or Park ''n Ride....

i sometimes use the lions car parks on thorpe rd - onlt £2.50 and 5 mins from the ground - now that the council parking nazi''s stopped me parking up cotman rd!!! not bitter about it though.............

LGT the reason the council stick up signs is so the residents of that road can have their own cars or visitor''s cars parked there. I know it''s difficult to understand to some of us, but some people who live in the city don''t give a stuff about football and do other things on Saturdays. For my sins I live right near the ground and have people begging for my car parking space, but the downside is they can''t get out of it until after 6pm or so as the club car park is emptying all this time.

There are plenty of £2 car parks around that area, sadly you don''t get much free in life!

''Riverside car park''

Yeah thats the best bet, then after the game to avoid waiting in traffic you  might as well go see a film, it''ll cost about £6 to watch the film, but you pay something like £3.70 to park anyway, and if you get your parking ticket stamped at the cinema, your parking is free anyway...

Thanks to you all ... mellow, now you mention it there is always a golf buggy flying around the ground, is there a large underground carpark beneath carrow road full of golf buggys ! lol

[quote user="kye5"]Thanks to you all ... mellow, now you mention it there is always a golf buggy flying around the ground, is there a large underground carpark beneath carrow road full of golf buggys ! lol[/quote]

Don''t give them ideas . . .

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]LGT the reason the council stick up signs is so the residents of that road can have their own cars or visitor''s cars parked there. I know it''s difficult to understand to some of us, but some people who live in the city don''t give a stuff about football and do other things on Saturdays. For my sins I live right near the ground and have people begging for my car parking space, but the downside is they can''t get out of it until after 6pm or so as the club car park is emptying all this time.

There are plenty of £2 car parks around that area, sadly you don''t get much free in life![/quote]fair enough gazza, nice to hear the other point of view from a city resident!!!

[quote user="Bongo Boy"]Norwich Union.......£1 all goes to charity.......[/quote]

sorry we dont fund Ipswich town down here mate...

jas :)

[quote user="djc"]Park and Ride is the way to go. Norwich has the most number of  P&R sites in England by the way.[/quote]

I''m sure to sleep well at night now in the safe knowledge that Norwich has the most number of...(falls asleep.)

Take the train.

Nice 10 min. walk.

Save the world.

Save yourself.

And if you send the Mrs off up Prince of Wales Road from the station she won''t have so much energy left for shopping.

OTBC

Norwich Union is good, it is not far from the city centre and not far from the ground.  It only cost 1£ and that goes to charity, I always park there when my mum and sister go shopping.