Sign in to follow this  
infoman

for all hose heading for BRISTOL next week

hope you don''t mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info

Firstly hope as many of as possible can make the trip to Bristol.on 29 march

If you can buy yer tickets in advance you can get any discounts

If you want to buy your tickets in advance please don''t ring the Bristol City premium rate phone number.

The club charges for credit card bookings and also charges a pound if you want the tickets sent to your home

best advice is send a cheque for the amount and pick up tickets on the day

If you are one of those fans who like to keep ticket stubs of your away games no ticket stubs are issued at the turnstiles

either book the tickets in advance as suggested or purchase from the Bristol city ticket office on the day

If you are bringing young ones to the game and they still

"look young" speak to the chief steward before handing over money

No "unkind" comments please

If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(avonmouth) then follow signs A4 bristol airport

It looks the long way round but traffic in central Bristol

is awfull

If you are coming by train thier is a local service to parson street which will take you two thirds of the way to the ground

departure time from Bristol temple meads XX:25 past the hour

public transport to the ground is not a lot of cop

The ground is designated not smoking, but thier always seems to be a lot of fag ends between the toilet block and the catering block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bristol City produce a match day DVD of all home games cost is 12 pounds

with full commentry not sure of the postal charges

Casualty and Hobly City are filmed in the City don''t ask me about either of the programmes cos I think thier both crap

Finally the block of flats on the right hand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

The market scene where the footballers manaquins are cut into the wall are at the away end of the ground in the club car park

Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo''s

Very few matches have any police presence yours should be designated "police free"

Be prepared to be searched by the stewards.

regarding the food outlet in the ground its crap, staffed by agency staff whose purpose is to do as little as possible

KFC can be seen from the away end(two minutes walk, honest) and sainsburys store is five minutes

with restaurant

pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland basin area novia scotia pump house

weatherspoons just outside the railway station

or the big old pub on platform three of temple meads station

no booze is sold in the ground

BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys of 95:5 and 94:9 1548

If you want or need any further local info please don''t be afraid to ask.

Dont think i''ll be able to make this one unfortunately.If only there were more fans like infoman!! That is brilliant!I saw a Bristol City lot when i was heading back from Coventry away. They were "vociferous" to say the least, were on my platform at New St, and it was fantastic, It was a proper hark back to the days when fans could just be fans together, without bickering and dividing over silly issues. I know they are over-achieving this season, but good luck to them, although i do think they will get slaughtered every week if they go up!!

Yes, thanks for that infoman.

I''m hoping to be at Ashton Gate next week for my first visit since the late 70''s when I somehow fluked a seat in the Directors Box.. Sadly we lost but I remember having to troop down the stairs at half-time and share the same smelly urinals with all the sweaty mass of season ticket holders in the adjoining stand ( lol ). Not a prawn sandwich in sight that day but now you''ve got Steven Lansdown as Chairman I''ll bet the bogs have mink lined seats and scented toilet tissue.

How do the locals manage to drink that rocket fuel scrumpy ? I''ve seen women in pubs around Bristol knocking back pints of the stuff for God''s sake!

Oh, and do the Robins run out to the Wurzels song '' The Combine Harvester '' and can we join in please ?

Thanks very much for the details...haven''t been to Ashton Gate since a 3-0 defeat in 1976 so looking forward to seeing how it has developed. Didn''t see the Carrow Road game but people say you were the best team they have seen this season. Two things >>>> any car parking advice and was the smoking area in the away end ??!!

NCFC, actually have connections to Bristol don''t ya know.........''Shoestring'' the Private Detective series in the late 70s and early 80s - was filmed in and around Bristol......and we fund our playing squad on a ''Shoestring'' budget.......

Uncannily.......our Chief Exec hails from Bristol......[8-|]

On a serious note......thanks for the info.[Y]

Thanks flor all the advice, Infoman. I''m sorry but I don''t understand the ''young ones'' comment?????????????? Why would I need to see the head steward first?

Driving down with my daughter and two sons. Staying overnite in travel inn and visiting relatives at same time. Have to buy a programme and a Bristol City scarf for my mate who cant make it as she collects them ( any favourite scarf of yours you can reccommend ? ).

Parents moved from Bristol before I was born. I support Norwich and follow Bristol Rovers - sorry ! Went to see them in the JPS final against Doncaster and to play off final against the Shrews, terrific days out. Quite happy for you to get promoted to Prem but could you spare us at least 1 point next week ?[;)]

I do intend to take my wash sponge , sprinkler, and watering can with me as well , just to be on the safe side . [:D] arrdee.

Hoping to go but not sure yet due to work comitments, I presume you can buy tickets on the day? can someone confirm this please?

Went there last time we played them away - was last game of the season about 1999? lost 1-0.

[quote user="Jesse Garons twin brother"]Thanks flor all the advice, Infoman. I''m sorry but I don''t understand the ''young ones'' comment?????????????? Why would I need to see the head steward first?[/quote]

The Young Ones was filmed on the street I lived in when I was at uni at Bristol (hence the association with my second team Bristol Rovers).

I''ll try and answer all your questions

1) shopping: drop your companion off at the Mall(cribbs causway) M5 junction 17

but give yourself at least an hour to get to the ground

2)song normally used is drink up thee cider

3)parking turn up early parking in the side streets either side of duckmoor road

or if your drinking use pubs on cumberland road and walk to the ground

check if you CAN leave your car in the cumberland road pub car parks

4)its all non smoking once inside the TURNSTILES\thier are

no CCTV cameras in the toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) eddie shoestring(trevor eve) was fillmed in the City if any of you know where I can get

video or DVDs of the series let me knowTARGET was also filmed in the City

I didn''t know that the young ones was filmed in the city

6)tickets can be bought on the day or pay at the turnstiles but some fans like to have ticket stubbs

of the game(well I do)

7) reference young ones(children) what I was refering to is that its an expensive

day if you have one adult and a couple of "under sevens" who make look five years of age

before handing over your cash just have a word with one of the stewards

I think I have covered everything but again please ask if you need any further local info