Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Matty Pattison on Drink Drive CHarge

Norwich City footballer Matty Pattison has been arrested and charged with drink-driving, the club confirmed last night.

The arrest is understood to have happened at the club''s Colney training ground yesterday morning.

Pattison, 21, has been bailed to appear before Norwich magistrates on March 31.

Norwich City chief executive Neil Doncaster said in a statement last night: "We understand that Matthew Pattison was arrested this morning and has been charged with a drink-driving offence.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED16%20Mar%202008%2019%3A40%3A42%3A437

Must have been a heavy night Saturday night if he was still over the limit when they arrived for training Sunday morning.

Very dissapointed with this.

Reminds me of when under Grant players were out partying when they needed to be sharp to battle against relegation. Hope this is an iosolated incident and not representative of how the whole squad are not soley concerned with the remaining ten games.

People don''t realise that in the morning you are as bad if not worse than the night before as it is settled in the blood. I bet the copper was an Ipswich fan or he was an avid fan who was cringing, at least he would have got a few signatures of him. Shame, I hope the club fine him now, or thou it wouldn''t happen in the real world, he is is not in the real world.

To be arrested and charged for drink driving in this country, you have to fail two breath tests, one roadside and one at the police station..........hmm?[:|]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]One thing i''m not sure about here, are police hanging around Colney Sunday morning?  [^o)][/quote]Don''t see why they shouldn''t...they may have followed him there anyway. To be honest if they''re catching drink drivers they can hang around where they want in my book.

not sort of news you want to hear with your team in the position there in

stupidity by the lad, hope he learns big lesson from this

This is not good, was he hung over or do they drink after training ? The Police would only be there if they knew somone had been drinking so did someone tip them off ?  

[quote user="we8wba"]

not sort of news you want to hear with your team in the position there in

[/quote]

Thanks for your concern, can I ask politely, so you have a wolves forum to post on, is so whats the link, maybe we can all come and post on yours?

I agree with Herb...

Drink Drivers are scum imo... they cost lives, up insurance premiums for other people and are a danger on the road to themsleves and everyone else...

if the court finds pattison guilty then i hope the club does the right thing and Sacks him for it.... be a lesson to him...

jas :)

Interestingly the police still can nick you even if you know you''re over the limit, in a public place, and decide to sleep in the car even on the back seat, rather than drive home. The technicality is that you are still '' in charge '' of a motor vehicle. 

Now that does sound a tad harsh....

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]One thing i''m not sure about here, are police hanging around Colney Sunday morning?  [^o)][/quote]

Don''t see why they shouldn''t...they may have followed him there anyway.
To be honest if they''re catching drink drivers they can hang around where they want in my book.
[/quote]

Totally agree, especially one in his situation, who even with a morning drive has more than enough cash to blow in a cab ride should he suspect himself to be over the limit.

[quote user="Duffman"]This will give Russell a chance to get his 3rd red card in as many matches on saturday then.

[/quote]

is there a record on consecutive redcards? he must only be game or two away! nerves set in when/if he picks up yellow card

I am just about to get my licence back after a year ban for drink driving. I went out and watched Englands 0-0 draw with Israil last year and had a few too many, went home had a good sleep then on the sunday drove the 25 miles to my mums for roast dinner.

While on the way the police were pulling people in for random tyre checks at 12midday, i thought oh shit one of my front tyres was getting a bit bold, when i spoke to the cop he asked if id been drinking, then it hit me that i might still be over the limit.

I was and had to stay at the police station until i could pass the test which was 8pm on the sunday night, people dont realise how long alcohol stays in the blood after a heavy night out

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Duffman"]This will give Russell a chance to get his 3rd red card in as many matches on saturday then.

[/quote]

is there a record on consecutive redcards? he must only be game or two away! nerves set in when/if he picks up yellow card

[/quote]

"While browsing through the Scottish Third Division statistics for this season, I noticed that James McKenzie of Albion was sent off in each of the three games he has played this season," writes Chris Haynes. "Is this a record for consecutive red cards?"

McKenzie''s record is particularly poor, Chris. But it can''t hold a candle to the pitiful display of Dean Windass, who during his time at Aberdeen once managed to amass the same haul of red cards in a mere 22 minutes.

Having picked up a booking in the first minute of a game at Dundee United in November 1997, Windass took 21 more minutes to procure a second for another trademark industrial challenge.

Off he went. But before you could say "toy" or "pram", Windass let rip a volley of abuse in the direction of referee Stuart Dougal. The man in black was unimpressed with all the effs and cees pouring into his lugs, and sent the bulky forward off again.

Windass left the field of play in that lofty vehicle, high dudgeon, stopping awhile to rip a corner flag out of the ground and fling it to the floor like a great big bairn. Off he went again!

Windass amassed 22 penalty points for his three red cards, at a rate of exactly one point per minute of "action". For his trouble, he was suspended for seven weeks.

And how did the game end? Aberdeen lost 5-0, a defeat which cost manager Roy Aitken his job. But you can''t really blame Dean; they were already three down before he walked.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/theknowledge/0,9204,623070,00.html

[/quote]

Clearly you are a bad influence on the players Duffman

In purely footballing terms these guys are well paid athletes and should know the effects of alcohol on their bodies.

Is it really too much to expect for them to eat and drink properly?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]To be arrested and charged for drink driving in this country, you have to fail two breath tests, one roadside and one at the police station..........hmm?[:|][/quote]

Technically no, you can be arrested on the roadside if they look well over the limit, you do not need the road side procedure. The one at the roadside is not accurate nor used evidentially, its only an indication. The EBM in the station is done by 2 breaths, with the lowest reading used. Would like to know what he blew, to see how over the limit he was. Although over the limit is over the limit.

It happens...

but these latest events are giving me that sinking feeling that we aqre on a downward spiral and not getting out of it quicklt.

Role on Saturday, get a win and we''ll all feel alot betetr!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

It happens...

but these latest events are giving me that sinking feeling that we aqre on a downward spiral and not getting out of it quicklt.

Role on Saturday, get a win and we''ll all feel alot betetr!

[/quote]

Na, I imagine that GR will sort him out in private won''t let it effect the team. It ain''t really going to bother Patty I feel, a quick morning at the Mag''s, small fine and a years ban.

Ramos has changed the eating and drinking habits of the Spurs team. I thought, as professionals, they wouldnt drink to excess or eat badly.