Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Official keep Ryan Bertrand thread.

If the board do have any sense they will offer chelsea £1 million for his services a.s.a.p, he will never break into their first team and i think he is one of the best players in the championship. With players like him at the club Norwich could be in the top 6 next season no problem.

He has stated he loves being at NC, and I''m sure he has impressed GR and us fans.  Guess we shall have to wait and see if we could afford him in the summer.

Most def, played well both at the back and pushing forward. Even if we do not manage to prize him away full time, we can surely get him for a season''s loan. I have heard that he wants to stay so, lets get him.

Less than that i would imagine, 200-500k would be a lovely deal.

I would like to see Ryan signed on. He can play in different postions and is only going to get better with age. With the talent in front of him at Chelsea it is unlikely he will break into the side. Not sure how much they would want for him but anything under 700k, could be good business for us. 

He''s a class act & I''d love to see him here again next season. Can''t see it happning though! I thin he''l go on loan to a lower half Premiership club next season.

Yeah a season long loan at least would be superb. We would have him and drury, and also a useful left mid when hucks leaves.

What a super little player Ryan is, dont think i have seen a player with a better first touch for a very long time.

Very rarely gives ball away and is deceptively strong.

Would dearly love to have him back next season.

Yup I agree we need to get him asap.  Maybe we could get him for a little lower than a million but we need to offer Chelsea as much as they want for him.  I think him and Drury would be a great partnership next season, but you would have to play Bertrand on the left, and I think that is his better position anyway.

I would also like to say well done Glenn Roeder for getting such a great little talent.

I dont think Chelski will be interested in selling but I''d love to keep him here.

If he can build his upper body strength up and learn the defensive side of things from Drury he''ll be a fantastic player for NCFC.

I think another loan spell is most likely scenario!

Hey lads, Chelsea fan here and just signed up to keep track of Ryan''s progress. I do not think you will be able to buy him in the summer because he is quite highly rated, and is only out on loan to get experience. Usually we send out two kinds of players - the 17-18 year olds who have bright futures, to see how they do on loan and see if they can make it and progress, and the 20-21 year olds who are considered dead wood for the reserves. We send them out to impress new clubs and eventually sign for them at a lower level    .With Ryan''s progress, though, and being only 18 years old, its highly unlikely that a player who was bought in only 3 years ago for £125k + future money will be sold when he has such an obvious bright future above him.I do, however, think that you''ll be able to loan him for another season. We have Bridge and Cole who''re both 27, and by the time Ryan is 20-ish they''ll be 29/30 and I''d imagine Bertrand will be brought into the first team as a backup (if all goes well).Anyway, even if you do not sign him, I wish him all the success at Norwich on his loan deal for the end of the season and perhaps next season. Maybe you can restructure over the summer, bring in some new faces, loan Ryan again and get into the Premiership next season. If you did that, I wouldn''t be surprised if we let you loan him for another season to get Premiership experience.Can anyone provide me with info about just how well he has done? Its nice to read about the youth players on loan. Good things he does/has done and bad, too?Take care and all the best in the future, lads.

There is no way Chelski will sell him, he will be their first choice left-back within 3 years.

A very very good player!

[quote user="syza"]Hey lads, Chelsea fan here and just signed up to keep track of Ryan''s progress. I do not think you will be able to buy him in the summer because he is quite highly rated, and is only out on loan to get experience. Usually we send out two kinds of players - the 17-18 year olds who have bright futures, to see how they do on loan and see if they can make it and progress, and the 20-21 year olds who are considered dead wood for the reserves. We send them out to impress new clubs and eventually sign for them at a lower level    .With Ryan''s progress, though, and being only 18 years old, its highly unlikely that a player who was bought in only 3 years ago for £125k + future money will be sold when he has such an obvious bright future above him.I do, however, think that you''ll be able to loan him for another season. We have Bridge and Cole who''re both 27, and by the time Ryan is 20-ish they''ll be 29/30 and I''d imagine Bertrand will be brought into the first team as a backup (if all goes well).Anyway, even if you do not sign him, I wish him all the success at Norwich on his loan deal for the end of the season and perhaps next season. Maybe you can restructure over the summer, bring in some new faces, loan Ryan again and get into the Premiership next season. If you did that, I wouldn''t be surprised if we let you loan him for another season to get Premiership experience.Can anyone provide me with info about just how well he has done? Its nice to read about the youth players on loan. Good things he does/has done and bad, too?Take care and all the best in the future, lads.[/quote]there are a couple of threads on ryan, i suggest you read those. there is a divide amongst supporters as to whether he is most effective at left back or left midfield, personally i like him more left midfield. he certainly is a great prospect and has already shown the class you would expect of a top youngster. having said that i havent been able to see him play every week, so maybe you should hunt out a more detailed analysis.good to hear from a chelsea fan who isn''t 11 and living in sunderland

[quote user="syza"]Hey lads, Chelsea fan here and just signed up to keep track of Ryan''s progress. I do not think you will be able to buy him in the summer because he is quite highly rated, and is only out on loan to get experience. Usually we send out two kinds of players - the 17-18 year olds who have bright futures, to see how they do on loan and see if they can make it and progress, and the 20-21 year olds who are considered dead wood for the reserves. We send them out to impress new clubs and eventually sign for them at a lower level    .

With Ryan''s progress, though, and being only 18 years old, its highly unlikely that a player who was bought in only 3 years ago for £125k + future money will be sold when he has such an obvious bright future above him.

I do, however, think that you''ll be able to loan him for another season. We have Bridge and Cole who''re both 27, and by the time Ryan is 20-ish they''ll be 29/30 and I''d imagine Bertrand will be brought into the first team as a backup (if all goes well).

Anyway, even if you do not sign him, I wish him all the success at Norwich on his loan deal for the end of the season and perhaps next season. Maybe you can restructure over the summer, bring in some new faces, loan Ryan again and get into the Premiership next season. If you did that, I wouldn''t be surprised if we let you loan him for another season to get Premiership experience.

Can anyone provide me with info about just how well he has done? Its nice to read about the youth players on loan. Good things he does/has done and bad, too?

Take care and all the best in the future, lads.
[/quote]

Hasn''t bertrand already said he''d love to stay, though? According to our local press thats the case anyway. And why would he want to go back to Chelsea to be a mere backup player for Bridge and Cole? He doesn''t come across as someone who likes to sit on the bench alot.

Out of everyone thats come into the club, hes the second least-moaned about- second to Martin Taylor, and thats saying something.

Came in under the radar a bit, when Pattison was made permanent. Compare Gibbs and Bertrand- One comes in to a fanfare as has amzing expectation put on him, one comes in quietly and is expected to have a few games maybe.

Which one is better? Thats right, not the overrated Arsenal tripe.

Strong for his size, quick, intelligent, excellent first touch, left utility player... and maybe most important doesnt appear to have that ''young prem player'' attitude that is being seen more and more (see Ashley Cole for a recent example)

This is a very very good player, as long he doesnt go Chris Martin and get a ego that cant fit through the Colney gates he will be Premiership quality by the time hes 22

You can have him back then if u want, as long as we arent in the Prem already...

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[quote user="syza"]Hey lads, Chelsea fan here and just signed up to keep track of Ryan''s progress. I do not think you will be able to buy him in the summer because he is quite highly rated, and is only out on loan to get experience. Usually we send out two kinds of players - the 17-18 year olds who have bright futures, to see how they do on loan and see if they can make it and progress, and the 20-21 year olds who are considered dead wood for the reserves. We send them out to impress new clubs and eventually sign for them at a lower level    .

With Ryan''s progress, though, and being only 18 years old, its highly unlikely that a player who was bought in only 3 years ago for £125k + future money will be sold when he has such an obvious bright future above him.

I do, however, think that you''ll be able to loan him for another season. We have Bridge and Cole who''re both 27, and by the time Ryan is 20-ish they''ll be 29/30 and I''d imagine Bertrand will be brought into the first team as a backup (if all goes well).

Anyway, even if you do not sign him, I wish him all the success at Norwich on his loan deal for the end of the season and perhaps next season. Maybe you can restructure over the summer, bring in some new faces, loan Ryan again and get into the Premiership next season. If you did that, I wouldn''t be surprised if we let you loan him for another season to get Premiership experience.

Can anyone provide me with info about just how well he has done? Its nice to read about the youth players on loan. Good things he does/has done and bad, too?

Take care and all the best in the future, lads.
[/quote]

Hasn''t bertrand already said he''d love to stay, though? According to our local press thats the case anyway. And why would he want to go back to Chelsea to be a mere backup player for Bridge and Cole? He doesn''t come across as someone who likes to sit on the bench alot.

[/quote]

He said that he''d love to stay - on loan. I don''t think he has any intention of making it permanent, but if he came back for a season''s loan it''d be better than nothing.