Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

The Pink'un Awards

laying in bed last night i had the weirdest dream,

I was at an awards party for this message board. The awards varied from Best Poster, Best Thread, Comment of the Year, and so on. 
The people came in fancy dress to protect there identity of course. Naturally it was hosted by Jeff Stelling and was altogether an enjoyable dream.

It did however make me think if these award really existed what categories would we have and who would win?

in the interest of fairness your not allowed to vote for yourself.

The biggest moaner goes to....But seriously, that''s quite a difficult one. It''s probably the most sort after award on here too.An award for the most missed missing poster would be good too. Would bring up all the ol'' names.

[quote user="The Duke"]

Longest Registered current poster?

[/quote]

I can''t remember when this board came into its current state and which posters were here. I''m sure the Mods can tell us. I do remember having a name of Barclayend boy or something similar but then I lost my username etc. But with me was Wiz, DDIM, CA etc etc. Tell you what, see if some people can remember posters who were here at the start then left never to be seen after they had done a fair few posts.

I think if we have a post about poster awards etc, it just allows abuse for Nobby negatives and the Percy positives etc.

The Smudger award for the Most Ineffective Protest Movement.

The "I''m A Bigger Fan Than You" award (this should be a yellow and green anorak)

The "Most Threads Started On The Same Subject" award (should be a scratched record)

The Jimmy Hill award for most unlikely transfer rumour

The Neil Doncaster award for most baffling attempt to explain our club''s accounts

A wooden spoon award for the poster most enamoured with Delia

How about a nomination for Arrdee and the free bet - a good thread each week and a bit of fun making your selection, but best of all it doesnt cost us a penny and all the proceeds go to the Academy.  For anyone who has not tried it, it''s not a scam and the more pickers each week the more likely to club is to win money.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

I can''t remember when this board came into its current state and which posters were here. I''m sure the Mods can tell us. I do remember having a name of Barclayend boy or something similar but then I lost my username etc. But with me was Wiz, DDIM, CA etc etc. Tell you what, see if some people can remember posters who were here at the start then left never to be seen after they had done a fair few posts.

I think if we have a post about poster awards etc, it just allows abuse for Nobby negatives and the Percy positives etc.

[/quote]I shall say this one more time........

NANCY its NANCY NEGATIVE !    DUH !

[:@]        [:@]        [:@]

[quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

Tell you what, see if some people can remember posters who were here at the start then left never to be seen after they had done a fair few posts.

[/quote]Dumble Delia was the first one that sprung to mind. We haven''t seen karl pilkington in a while either.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Oh don''t be a Nobby over it! [:P]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

Tell you what, see if some people can remember posters who were here at the start then left never to be seen after they had done a fair few posts.

[/quote]Dumble Delia was the first one that sprung to mind. We haven''t seen karl pilkington in a while either.[/quote]There were many. I remember the previous incarnation of this forum although I have to admit I can not remember the exact date that I signed up back then but it must have been about 8 years ago now - I am sure I was at 6th form when I first signed up.I can''t think of any off the top of my head - but yes Dumble Delia.Ahh back then it was a time of a consistant Wiz who saw rosey futures and pastures green. What on earth did Worthington do to us?!!!!!I think we should have an award for most devoted forum member. Someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty to try and help other forum members - either to keep them informed or perhaps aid them in some way to maintain their connections to NCFC.Ok I admit I think City Angel should get an award - even if it is just to be recognised as Darren Huckerby''s biggest fan!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dumble Delia was the first one that sprung to mind. We haven''t seen karl pilkington in a while either.
[/quote]

There were many. I remember the previous incarnation of this forum although I have to admit I can not remember the exact date that I signed up back then but it must have been about 8 years ago now - I am sure I was at 6th form when I first signed up.

I can''t think of any off the top of my head - but yes Dumble Delia.

Ahh back then it was a time of a consistant Wiz who saw rosey futures and pastures green. What on earth did Worthington do to us?!!!!!

I think we should have an award for most devoted forum member. Someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty to try and help other forum members - either to keep them informed or perhaps aid them in some way to maintain their connections to NCFC.

Ok I admit I think City Angel should get an award - even if it is just to be recognised as Darren Huckerby''s biggest fan!
[/quote]I''m all for giving City Angel one as well !!   [:D]

Now if anyone asked me who is the funniest poster on this board , It would have to be old"lapwing" himself he has a wicked sense of humour .So I am voting for "lappinitup" as the funniest , The most cleverest  in my opinion is Yankee Canary , I don''t think he has any equals . The most informative poster without doubt is Nutty Nigel who seems to do his homework ,or is it out of his head ? I can''t make my mind up yet but I know he is the most talented one on this board .

Others I always read are Mr Chops , Fellas , Rude Old, (my old mate) , Lucky G T, Blahx3 when he decides to write that is .

The least funniest , Mellow Yellow , who is far to bitter to my mind , If he had any humour its all gone with his hatred of our board and our club . I think its time someone told him this.

Bly I always read as if serving some kind of penance but I like Bly for some strange reason , he has that certain something about him .

However all you lovely old posters keep them coming we really do enjoy them all .[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now if anyone asked me who is the funniest poster on this board , It would have to be old"lapwing" himself he has a wicked sense of humour .So I am voting for "lappinitup" as the funniest , The most cleverest  in my opinion is Yankee Canary , I don''t think he has any equals . The most informative poster without doubt is Nutty Nigel who seems to do his homework ,or is it out of his head ? I can''t make my mind up yet but I know he is the most talented one on this board .

Others I always read are Mr Chops , Fellas , Rude Old, (my old mate) , Lucky G T, Blahx3 when he decides to write that is .

The least funniest , Mellow Yellow , who is far to bitter to my mind , If he had any humour its all gone with his hatred of our board and our club . I think its time someone told him this.

Bly I always read as if serving some kind of penance but I like Bly for some strange reason , he has that certain something about him .

However all you lovely old posters keep them coming we really do enjoy them all .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

Now Ardee, you are the sweetest and luvverliest sausagey Banger Boy on the Pink''un forum......Alas, I''m bitterly devastated........(and it''s ''Mello Yello'').......me ole meat mangler. I''m sorry if I don''t come up to your perception and required credentials of what constitutes a true and loyal Norwich fan. Oh, and I actually only have an issue/agenda with the board and the Chief Exec.....I could say I find you quite a dullard, patronising and incessantly boring......But, that wouldn''t be the truth......(Not the whole truth anyway)

We all have our favourites.......I''m not one of yours, and unfortunately, you''re not one of mine. 

''Ho Hum'' Ardee and never us mind - it''s all about personal opinion. Although, it cheers me that you can still find the time to dislike reading my bitter posts.

Hey but and whatever, I''ll still be cheering the team tomorrow - from my ''Plastique Pew'' in the late Mr G Watling''s Stand.......Ciao!

I must say I''m saddened to see two great posters who contribute much humour to this forum, such as ardee and Mello Yello do, having a pop at each other, particularly on this thread. We need you both contributing funny input. There''s far too many of us that don''t. It made me go searching for a previous time a thread such as this was initiated. What I had to say at that time I thought copy back on to this thread because it still reflects my feelings:

"I must say truthfully that my nature does not support such a thought as generated by this thread. The beauty of a message board such as this is the sum of the parts add up to a wonderful whole. However, if we are to offer accolades for input on this message board then certainly let''s not be restrictive and vote for a single poster of the year. Obviously, many of us have different preferences, some like wit, others serious debate, some even like to just be nice ( don''t think I could ever join that team ). Certainly, if we do feel inclined toward such trivia then let''s be expansive and call it the PUPO Awards ( Pink Un Poster Oscars ) and building on Pieman''s suggestion, a full annual event dinner, certainly it would be a pink-tie affair. I can think of four worthy Oscar categories right at the outset; Most Objective Poster Oscar ( ZippersLeftFoot ), Funniest Poster Oscar ( Mello Yello ), Best Foreign Language Poster Oscar ( XXL16 ), Nicest Poster Oscar ( a tie between Gorleston Jim and cityangel ). Oh I''m really getting warmed up to this now...I can see as the night wears on and the spirits flow our generosity expands and we give an Oscar to everyone. That''s the ticket. That''s kind of what I was getting at in the beginning."

I am afraid I will always be ''most anonymous'' and the fact I don''t know almost all of you and go with a mental picture is a positive thing like finding out the sex voice of the bounty adverts belonged to an absolute beast. Let''s keep it as it is.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am afraid I will always be ''most anonymous'' and the fact I don''t know almost all of you and go with a mental picture is a positive thing like finding out the sex voice of the bounty adverts belonged to an absolute beast. Let''s keep it as it is.[/quote]

If that''s what works for you Rudolph. Obviously, all others don''t feel the same way. Perhaps if you could get over the sex thing.......

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am afraid I will always be ''most anonymous'' and the fact I don''t know almost all of you and go with a mental picture is a positive thing like finding out the sex voice of the bounty adverts belonged to an absolute beast. Let''s keep it as it is.[/quote]

Agreed, though after your endeavours on your Roeder thread I shall now forever picture you as Biggles.

Now Mello you lovely old boy indeed you are the sweetest barley sugar ever to grace Mr G Watling''s stand I am sure . Of course you are one my favourite posters always have been and always will be and I will still read your post as I look forward to reading them .As Yankee said you are one of greats I could not agree more.

I would never dream of saying "I dislike any poster on this board " why ? because all the posters are Norwich City fans and they are important to me . I don''t think I am being selfish and I know a lot of posters agree with me ,when I ask for the old Mello back ,the one we all know and love , remember Mello arrdee always gets his own way in the end so I live in hope and expectation .

I am also sorry to have saddened Yankee I would not have done that for the world . I know I haven''t upset you mellow if I have of course I sorry but lets face it to be attacked by arrdee is like being savaged by a goldfish .

I am now off to the Free Bet pages you are welcome to follow me ....oh Mello its arrdee by the way but don''t worry lots make the same mistake . Cheers my old friend of yesteryear . arrdee.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I like my own name better mate sorry, never been a big follower. I don''t want to upset the Nobby''s by calling them Nancy''s te he.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dumble Delia was the first one that sprung to mind. We haven''t seen karl pilkington in a while either.
[/quote]

There were many. I remember the previous incarnation of this forum although I have to admit I can not remember the exact date that I signed up back then but it must have been about 8 years ago now - I am sure I was at 6th form when I first signed up.

I can''t think of any off the top of my head - but yes Dumble Delia.

Ahh back then it was a time of a consistant Wiz who saw rosey futures and pastures green. What on earth did Worthington do to us?!!!!!

I think we should have an award for most devoted forum member. Someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty to try and help other forum members - either to keep them informed or perhaps aid them in some way to maintain their connections to NCFC.

Ok I admit I think City Angel should get an award - even if it is just to be recognised as Darren Huckerby''s biggest fan!
[/quote]I''m all for giving City Angel one as well !!   [:D][/quote]

Always thought that too!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of people I read and like, like there is lots of people I dislike as I imagine the same applies to me too. I can''t be bothred to say them, no point making this board more of a personall insults.co.uk.

My choice for funniest poster ever has to be that one of the dogs playing poker.  That poster makes me laugh every time I look at it, which is often, because I have my living room wall papered with it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My choice for funniest poster ever has to be that one of the dogs playing poker.  That poster makes me laugh every time I look at it, which is often, because I have my living room wall papered with it.[/quote]

Is there something in the air in Houston these days? 

OTBC