Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Kevin Cooper

Shame! I thought he fitted in really well and could do a job for us. I bet he''ll rot in their reserves for part of next year as well...what a waste of a good player and a more than decent bloke.

Gutted, I was sure we''d get him. Maybe a bit of wheeler dealing by Worthy will get the price down, after all, this is only the first round of talks. Wolves were bound to try this out.

Maybe we should go for the double and offer realistic money for him and Mark Kennedy. Bargain.

agree with you there jonzey! just mind games at the moment!! wolves would have known that we were going to haggle and worthy knows that!! I reckon if we can get him for 500k, that''d be a deal!!

It''s not over. Good on the EDP to run the story we won''t pay that price, as Worthy wants them to, to bargain the price down.

Reckon he will be ours by July for around £300k plus extras if we stay up or similar deal. :-)

I was really looking foward to signing him, but if the manager puts a silly price on him not many people are going to buy him!

i could just see svensson and mckenzie getting so many goals from this guy (kennedy). our play would suit him so much. left side with drury, kennedy and hucks- ooh thats an exciting prospect. plus, my mate is a wolves supporter and hes one of the only players he doesnt want to lose... hehe

Just wait a couple of months and Wolves will be desperate to sell a few players just to get a bit of money in so they can rebuild. He ain''t likely to figure too much in their playing plans either as I see they''ve offered Ince a new deal.
At 28, I don''t think he''s worth a penny over £300k

i cant believe they are asking that for him! surely like you said they should have accepted a bid of 300k to 500k. 1million in the current transfer plight is ridiculous!

Wolves must be mad not to sell Coops at a realistic price as apparently they dont think he is good enough to play for them. Two years wages whilst he sits in the reserves cannot make financial sense...perhaps they will let him out on loan to us? I hope something transpires as he did a first class job for us and was a worthwhile member of our squad.

Maybe they actually rate him now? In the same way that Crouch is now getting a few more games now that he''s back at Villa, maybe Wolves are actually going to play him next season?

He''s a very good Division One player, and they might have (re)realised that after seeing his performances for us.

I hope he does come here, but if not, let''s not worry too much. Worthy knows what he''s doing.

Que Sera Sera.

OTBC!

yeh, my mate who supports wolves seems to think he''d get a few games at molienux next season. he is actually rated by their supprters too- im not sure they''ll lower the price, as they could do with keeping him in a few peoples opinion.....

Cant understand the newspaper quote though that the Wolves Chairman states we have not even made an offer. What is going on. Somebody is telling a little white lie somewhere along the line.

Wolves need to get real the transfer market is far from buoyant and £1m for a Div 1 player is unrealistic.

Also KC will not know have his mind on the job know he knows the mighty Canaries are interested.

Probably a NW ploy to deflate any expectations Wolves might have expected to get a sizeable fee for fringe player.

The wolves bloke said he had discussed with Worthy what they originally paid for Copper. My guess is that he never actually quoted an asking price, but suggested that they wanted to recoup a large proportion of that £1m they paid for him. I doubt Worthys being dishonest. Hes a good bloke.

anyone know when coopers out of contract at wolves?