Sign in to follow this  
Philipo87

Rob Green

I dont understand why Capello has overlooked Rob Green from the England squad again! Obviouly i dont go to watch any West Ham games but he always seems to do a decent job on MOTD.

James is obviously playing well!

Carson is useless

and Kirkland you dont really hear anything about!

Currently, I may be the obvious one to offer a view on this?

Unquestionably, a brilliant shot stopper, I rate him very highly. Perhaps, Capello might be concerned about his very occassional indecision over whether to come and collect the ball, or not? Can''t think of any other reason.

Fans sing England, England''s number one and he holds six fingers up, indicating that the England bosses see five better goalies ahead of him!

[quote user="Happyhammer/Andy"]

Currently, I may be the obvious one to offer a view on this?

Unquestionably, a brilliant shot stopper, I rate him very highly. Perhaps, Capello might be concerned about his very occassional indecision over whether to come and collect the ball, or not? Can''t think of any other reason.

Fans sing England, England''s number one and he holds six fingers up, indicating that the England bosses see five better goalies ahead of him!

Maybe what he does to the crowd has pissed Capello off.

I think its very funny though!!

there are 5 keepers better than him!jamescarsonfosterhartrobinson.greeno is an excellent keeper but he isnt the best, he has poor judgement and relies heavily on his reactions to make saves...and 12 goals in 4 games isn''t international standard in my eyes.

I think Ray Clemence has a lot to answer for here. He''s been treated really shoddily in my view. Clemence has always made out that he was in England''s thoughts, even when he was with us. But either he''s just not and Clemence is just fobbing him off or Clemence is a puppet with absolutely no influence on the management be it Eriksson, MaClown or Copello.

Greeno has proved himself worthy of a proper chance in the England set up again and again, with us and now almost weekly at West Ham (absolutely stunning save against Blackburn last week), and a hundered times more often than Kirkland and Carson put together. And James, for goodness sake, yes he''s having an amazing last few years but we need to blood the next generation.

The only thing that counts against him is his modesty. I worry that if a manager is looking for somone in the schmeicael (spelling?!) mould who has his defenders on a string almost, then he''s just going to look straight past Greeno every time, which i don''t think is fair on him.

Agree there Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox,  he is a fine shotstopper, but can''t control his area, but i would still have him in there instead of Carson.

Maybe he should hold up two fingers next time Capello attends a West Ham match?

Or do the Italians use one finger like the Americans (USA type)?

OTBC

My problem is not how good he is but how good Carson and Kirkland are. Carson should be left out for a while - he is not all that and is not top 3 at the moment. He has let in a lot of silly goals recently where he has been caught here there and everywhere but getting anywhere near it.If you say Green is bad at coming for the ball - at least he tends to stick on his line! Carson - don''t even get me started on that!Kirkland - is he better than Green? I am yet to be convinced, he is not a strong keeper that is for sure. If you look at games over the last two or three seasons Green has been the most consistant - Copello wouldn''t know that though would he?I am sorry but its all a load of squit if you ask me. One half decent keeper and two that are still yet to prove themselves. Looks like our future rests on David James'' shoulders. My only hope is that who-ever is in goal gets exposed and Copello is forced to be a bit more inspired like we were told he would be.I am sorry but he has not been all that inspiring yet. Oh wow he dropped Beckham for the first game - nope, no shock there wet Mac did that before.

[quote user="chicken"]My problem is not how good he is but how good Carson and Kirkland are. Carson should be left out for a while - he is not all that and is not top 3 at the moment. He has let in a lot of silly goals recently where he has been caught here there and everywhere but getting anywhere near it.If you say Green is bad at coming for the ball - at least he tends to stick on his line! Carson - don''t even get me started on that!

Kirkland - is he better than Green? I am yet to be convinced, he is not a strong keeper that is for sure. If you look at games over the last two or three seasons Green has been the most consistant - Copello wouldn''t know that though would he?

I am sorry but its all a load of squit if you ask me. One half decent keeper and two that are still yet to prove themselves. Looks like our future rests on David James'' shoulders. My only hope is that who-ever is in goal gets exposed and Copello is forced to be a bit more inspired like we were told he would be.

I am sorry but he has not been all that inspiring yet. Oh wow he dropped Beckham for the first game - nope, no shock there wet Mac did that before.
[/quote]

Slight difference Chicken - Sickly Steve dropped Beckham to make a point, Capello dropped him because he was desperately unfit and playing badly.

A for Keepers, I can only hope for England''s sake that Foster is great, as Kirkland and Carson do nothing for me and James ain''t getting any younger.

I don''t care that he hasn''t been called up. He no longer plays for us & he''s not one of the ex players that I care a great deal about pretty much the same as Cashton. Whereas I still love to see Bellamy do well... Can ''t explain why, there''s no exact science behind it!   

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Letting in 12 goals in three games maybe, or the fact he cant come out and catch a cross[/quote]....and was ever thus...... though I''d ammend that to short range shots..... he never seems to see anything further out than 20 yards

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe he should hold up two fingers next time Capello attends a West Ham match?

Or do the Italians use one finger like the Americans (USA type)?

OTBC

[/quote]

Some Americans have told me that they prefer one finger because, in part, they were never certain which way round Sir Winston was holding his hand when using two fingers.

[quote user="Jesse Garons twin brother"]I don''t care that he hasn''t been called up. He no longer plays for us & he''s not one of the ex players that I care a great deal about pretty much the same as Cashton. Whereas I still love to see Bellamy do well... Can ''t explain why, there''s no exact science behind it!   [/quote]

Greeno gave how many years to NCFC???

He was a fantastic player who was very loyal to the club and only moved because those running our club were not matching his ambitions to play at the highest level.

Maybe you are happy having no ambition... but don''t expect players and other City fans alike to be happy with the mediocrity which so obviously pleases you.

Anyone see match of the day today?Carson - at least partially to blame for the goal. Why a keeper has to come out like that to try and assist two defenders is beyond my understanding - he then went down so early Chopra was almost invited to dink it over him!Kirkland - nutsed for the goal and then guess what? Yup thats right - injured. Call up Green and be done with it!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Jesse Garons twin brother"]I don''t care that he hasn''t been called up. He no longer plays for us & he''s not one of the ex players that I care a great deal about pretty much the same as Cashton. Whereas I still love to see Bellamy do well... Can ''t explain why, there''s no exact science behind it!   [/quote]

Greeno gave how many years to NCFC???

He was a fantastic player who was very loyal to the club and only moved because those running our club were not matching his ambitions to play at the highest level.

Maybe you are happy having no ambition... but don''t expect players and other City fans alike to be happy with the mediocrity which so obviously pleases you.

[/quote]

Happy having no ambition? Smudger, what part of my post did you get this from?

Kirkland is fit and has made the cut with James. Calamity Carson had a mere yesterday, got injured and has been replaced by Robinson who still doesnt look convincing. Yet, Green who didnt put a foot wrong gets left out, i really dont get it.

Another moan. why has Walcot been kept in, but an inform Defoe gets the chop?

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Kirkland is fit and has made the cut with James. Calamity Carson had a mere yesterday, got injured and has been replaced by Robinson who still doesnt look convincing. Yet, Green who didnt put a foot wrong gets left out, i really dont get it.

[/quote]

Is Ray Clemence still involved on the goalkeeping side of things?

If so that''s your answer. Goalkeepers with a Liverpool and Spurs connection are always going to be favoured while he''s around.

Well, he''s been called up now as Kirkland is injured again.

So, he can now hold up five fingers instead of six next time Cappello''s around.

He must be tired of going along for the ride tho''.

OTBC

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Another moan. why has Walcot been kept in, but an inform Defoe gets the chop?

[/quote]

Defoe plays for Pompey, Walcott plays for Arsenal. It really is that sad & simple.