Sign in to follow this  
scott

Push comes to shove yesterday and Glen finally puts his best available 11 players out on the pitch!

I was so glad that against ColU on Saturday Roeder finally stops messing around with certain loan players who aren''t good enough and different formations and played with his best available 11 in a formation which worked so well for us in our 13 game unbeaten run just after Roeder arrived!

But if we''d of stuck with this workable formation and picked our best availbale 11 players during the recent lean spell then I think it wouldn''t of been such a lean spell and we''d already be safe, maybe even still pushing for the last play off spot!

Keep it simple Glen like we did against ColU till the end of the season, stick with players who are good enough and formations that work and we should be safe well before the last game at Sheff Wed! 

[quote user="scott"]

I was so glad that against ColU on Saturday Roeder finally stops messing around with certain loan players who aren''t good enough and different formations and played with his best available 11 in a formation which worked so well for us in our 13 game unbeaten run just after Roeder arrived!

But if we''d of stuck with this workable formation and picked our best availbale 11 players during the recent lean spell then I think it wouldn''t of been such a lean spell and we''d already be safe, maybe even still pushing for the last play off spot!

Keep it simple Glen like we did against ColU till the end of the season, stick with players who are good enough and formations that work and we should be safe well before the last game at Sheff Wed! 

[/quote]as sure as eggs are eggs.  we all commented to the same effect pre-match when the team was announced over the tannoy.imagine we''d got 2-3 experienced players in the jan window - and kept our winning run going.  we we''re top of the form table back then, and got within 4 points of the play-offs spot.   we tinkered, and went promtly in reverse - getting to within 4 points of the last relegation spot!!!and lets not forget - when rusty was saying pre-hull we could go for play-offs - they were the team that subsequently went on a winning run after, and now stand 3 points off the top 2!!! indeed, hull are the dark horses for the top now.when the young loanees came in at the time, i suggested the city board were content with survival first, no play-off ambition - but little did i realise they''d have us flirting with relegation again.  what a hopeless amateur shower they are.  as hull have strongly demonstrated,  a little bit of ambition can take you a long way.....

glad to see the ship steadied this weekend.  i must say though, pearce

did well when he came on for the doc - and also plastic had his best

game at left back - and looked like he could do a very good job there. 

first time i''ve seen it in him, but consistency is the name of the game

from now on - and can he do it against better sides??? boy has obvious

talent though.

Although I agree with the sentiments it wasn''t the same sid - well not if you include three or four changes.Hucks played little of that run as Croft was the chosen winger. We had Camara at left back. Taylor for the first part of the run.I am not saying that it wasn''t the best team on Saturday but I think that the team was not the same one that was out in those games.

[quote user="chicken"]Although I agree with the sentiments it wasn''t the same sid - well not if you include three or four changes.

Hucks played little of that run as Croft was the chosen winger. We had Camara at left back. Taylor for the first part of the run.

I am not saying that it wasn''t the best team on Saturday but I think that the team was not the same one that was out in those games.
[/quote]

But it was our best available side full of players willing to fight for the cause and was devoid of out of their depth scared young loanees!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

as sure as eggs are eggs.  we all commented to the same effect pre-match when the team was announced over the tannoy.

imagine we''d got 2-3 experienced players in the jan window - and kept our winning run going.  we we''re top of the form table back then, and got within 4 points of the play-offs spot.   we tinkered, and went promtly in reverse - getting to within 4 points of the last relegation spot!!!

and lets not forget - when rusty was saying pre-hull we could go for play-offs - they were the team that subsequently went on a winning run after, and now stand 3 points off the top 2!!! indeed, hull are the dark horses for the top now.

when the young loanees came in at the time, i suggested the city board were content with survival first, no play-off ambition - but little did i realise they''d have us flirting with relegation again.  what a hopeless amateur shower they are.  as hull have strongly demonstrated,  a little bit of ambition can take you a long way.....

glad to see the ship steadied this weekend.  i must say though, pearce did well when he came on for the doc - and also plastic had his best game at left back - and looked like he could do a very good job there.  first time i''ve seen it in him, but consistency is the name of the game from now on - and can he do it against better sides??? boy has obvious talent though.

Couldn''t agree more!

Its been painfull watching the likes of Gibbs and Henry playing instead of  better and established players when they are so obviously out of their depth and I couldn''t imagine they''d get into any other Championship side not even ColU!

I hope that in the near future that the next influx of players into the club whether permanent or on loan are of a much higher quality and good enough for the 1st team!

[/quote]

[quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

Absolutely! I think everyone thought similar. When i saw the team sheet i just said to myself - now THAT looks like the team that went 13 unbeaten (give or take evans or a cureton).

It''s tricky though - because could you have said for sure that the regular players would have performed as they have without the loanees giving them a kick on to make sure they stay in the team. It''s no coincedence i don''t think that Otsembor puts in one of his best performances and scores his first goal just as the guy who could replace him is limbering up on the sidelines to be fit to replace him. But can you can''t really bring in the loans and then not play them. What to do?!