Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

we aint safe yet!

Lets not get carried away people!

we beat a team who are pretty much already down 5-1 today....

Neither team looked that convincing at the back and lets face ti although we scored 5 goals we still gave them a hell of a lot of chances.. it wasnt our best performance either...

Had we of played like that against a Stoke, Brizzol City, Watford or WBA we wouldnt of won.... we''d of been played off the park!!!

we need, imo, 1 more win to be definately safe.. dont listen to Radio Norfolk who said its "mathematically" possible we can still go down.. it is Possible we will drop without mathmatics, we have enough games left to go be sucked back in....

Wheres that win going to come from? looking through our next few games id bet QPR at home.. our next 3 games are crucial i think.. we could end up right back down there fi we dont build on today!

jas :)

Definitely. One more win should do it, seeing as though there are around 5 or 6 teams below us that will need to overtake us. 5 points to be 100% safe IMO.

I think 5 more points will see us relax and be safe.

this is the most fecking crass post that i have read on this site, we win 5-1 and jas "the barclay king" (thats self proclamed) gives it the big gloom and doom view. what a load of negative shite. get real and get down the A14 where you will be welcome with your purile drivell

Pass me the lithium! 

There was me all happy after a good performance and safe in the knowledge that in the remaining games if we can get eleven men behind the ball for ninety minutes we ought to pick enough points to see us comfortable and then I read your miserable effin post. 

We will be fine so please lets try and be little more cheery and concern ourselves with beating the scum at the Portaloo and wrecking their playoff hopes

Barcley King?  More like the king of the Leonard Cohen appreciation society

[quote user="bunny"]The good thing about today is that 5 goals may restore a bit of confidence for the next few games.[/quote]

Yes thats the important bit of today will give them confidence and will give Curo a lift too.

Bring on Bristol City [:)]

[quote user="rainbow"]

this is the most fecking crass post that i have read on this site, we win 5-1 and jas "the barclay king" (thats self proclamed) gives it the big gloom and doom view. what a load of negative shite. get real and get down the A14 where you will be welcome with your purile drivell

[/quote]

He''s right though - we aren''t safe yet. Dunno how anyone can argue with that.

I''m chuffed we won and we won 5-1 but it was the worst 5-1 win I think it''s possible to see.

[quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

Rainbow, (and Bury green) Lose to Bristol City next week and that could put us 2 points off the drop again.. still "safe" then are we?

Like i said we played badly and beat an even worse side 5-1.... if they had scored all their chances it would of been 5-5 and i am willing to bet youd be leading the "doom merchants" on here in the "going down" cries....

lets have this chat after our next defeat shall we?

Even Ricky Knight managed to be a percy positive after the game, yet you spout off this rubbish.

For gods sake enjoyt the win and rejoice in the fact that barring a total disaster Roeder can very soon start building HIS team for next season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Neither team looked that convincing at the back and lets face ti although we scored 5 goals we still gave them a hell of a lot of chances.. it wasnt our best performance either...

Had we of played like that against a Stoke, Brizzol City, Watford or WBA we wouldnt of won.... we''d of been played off the park!!!

we need, imo, 1 more win to be definately safe.. dont listen to Radio Norfolk who said its "mathematically" possible we can still go down.. it is Possible we will drop without mathmatics, we have enough games left to go be sucked back in....

Wheres that win going to come from? looking through our next few games id bet QPR at home.. our next 3 games are crucial i think.. we could end up right back down there fi we dont build on today!

[/quote]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

I''m chuffed we won and we won 5-1 but it was the worst 5-1 win I think it''s possible to see.

[/quote]Wouldn''t argue with the maths there, but I would say that you thought we''d lose 1-0 to Colchester, so your glass appears to be more than half-empty.

Jas, lighten up chap, if we lose next week and every one else around us wins, we would be 2 points above relegation zone.

Possible I know, but ffs that scenario is just as likely not to happen - with everyone else winning!!

OTBC  

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn''t argue with the maths there, but I would say that you thought we''d lose 1-0 to Colchester, so your glass appears to be more than half-empty.
[/quote]

Okay fair enough - I genuinely thought we''d get beaten and I am happy we won don''t get me wrong, and we don''t often score five in a game so I should enjoy it really but I won''t really rest easy until we get another four points.

I think "papering over the cracks" neatly sums it up though.

we dont need everyone else to win to put us in trouble.. just sheffield wednesday... who have 2 games in hand.... win both of those and we end up in the dog fight again!

Make no mistake im delighted with yesterdays result in terms of player confidence and goal difference but have a look at the league table, a Proper look, then tell me we can sit back and plan for next  season...

[/quote]

Precisely but I''d say that only 3 more pts to the end of the season would leave us right on the brink so I think we need 6 more pts!

[quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

Nope "rainbow" you are way out of line , If you knew jas he is the Barclay King believe me , when you say "get down the A14" "your thoughts purile drivell"  are out of space with the truth . arrdee. 

My predictions in my last Pink ''Un blog on where we''ll get the points to survive read like this:

• Stoke (H) – L

• Sheffield United (A) – L

• Colchester Utd (H) – W

• Bristol City (A) – L

• Burnley (H) – D

• Ipswich (A) – L

• West Brom (H) – D

• QPR (H) – W

• Sheffield Wednesday (A) – D
  • So I''ve been in Mystic Meg form so far, if we can do at least as well as I''ve predicted for the rest of the season, then we''ll be safe and after yesterday I''m hopeful that we can get more than 6 points from our last 6 matches.

Click here http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/freezeframe.aspx and read ''Survival Far From Secured'' if you would like to read the rest of the article.

[/quote]

Hell jas, knock it off mate, even I can''t be negative or doom mongering today, it was a bloody good win, end of.

Just enjoy it for once![:D]

Also if sheffield wedneaday win there games in hand we are still 5 points off the drop as Leicester have played the same amount of games but are still 5 points behind us.

[quote user="king canary"]Also if sheffield wedneaday win there games in hand we are still 5 points off the drop as Leicester have played the same amount of games but are still 5 points behind us.[/quote]

Not forgetting Coventry, Southampton and Barnsley are all below us as well.

Stop knocking Jas- he''s spot on in his analysis. It was the ''worst 5-1 win'', may not make sense I know as ''a win is a win'' at the end of the day but I heard may fans saying that if we had played like that against anyone half decent we would have been stuffed.  

Great to finally score some goals and that alone may give us the confidence we need but in terms of ''quality'' we were often sluggish and abysmal. Fozzy at times looked like he could hardly run!

Many of you think we are either safe now or need just ''three more points''. Maybe. Yet the league this season is so tight for both promotion and relegation that it could need 53 or even 54 points to survive. On the basis of the ''performance'' yesterday, I remain distinctly concerned!   

[quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

Rainbow, (and Bury green) Lose to Bristol City next week and that could put us 2 points off the drop again.. still "safe" then are we?

Like i said we played badly and beat an even worse side 5-1.... if they had scored all their chances it would of been 5-5 and i am willing to bet youd be leading the "doom merchants" on here in the "going down" cries...

you are the doom merchant on here mate, i will take a point away to bristol now because thats a tough place to get any points. as for "going down cries" they don''t even figure in my life and never will. where are you in the barclay then, the barclay king? not the queer fcuker  in the tutu that sits in front of me...lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet another fun, uplifting post on the Pinkun Forum.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Yet another fun, uplifting post on the Pinkun Forum.

[/quote]

But it''s a realistic and honest post by Jas.......You astound me, with your acute ability to read this forum with your head buried up to your upper-torso in the sand - and yet are still able to Ostrich-ise those, who quite frankly - are telling it how it is.......The ''thread'' statement is factual....."WE''RE SAFE NOW, SO LET''S ALL JUST SIT BACK AND JUST ENJOY THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON!".....There, does that sound better?.....And are you cheered and uplifted now?[:|]  

Where as it''s true to say that if Colchester had taken all their chances it would have been 5-5 surely it''s only fair to point out that on that basis if we had taken all ours it would have been 10-5 to us.

I understand why people are concerned though. The last time we won 5-1 like that was Barnsley at home last season which put us briefly into an automatic promotion place, but we followed that with 1 point out of 15 and sacked the manager. It''s a funny old game!

[quote user="rainbow"]

[/quote]

Like i said we played badly and beat an even worse side 5-1.... if they had scored all their chances it would of been 5-5 and i am willing to bet youd be leading the "doom merchants" on here in the "going down" cries....

[/quote]

what if we had scored all our chances??? 9-5?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Stop knocking Jas- he''s spot on in his analysis. It was the ''worst 5-1 win'', may not make sense I know as ''a win is a win'' at the end of the day but I heard may fans saying that if we had played like that against anyone half decent we would have been stuffed.  

Great to finally score some goals and that alone may give us the confidence we need but in terms of ''quality'' we were often sluggish and abysmal. Fozzy at times looked like he could hardly run!

Many of you think we are either safe now or need just ''three more points''. Maybe. Yet the league this season is so tight for both promotion and relegation that it could need 53 or even 54 points to survive. On the basis of the ''performance'' yesterday, I remain distinctly concerned!   

[/quote]

I don''t remain distinctly concerned, but I think Jas is right that the scoreline flattered us and also right that we shouldn''t assume we''re safe just yet.

we dont need everyone else to win to put us in trouble.. just sheffield wednesday... who have 2 games in hand.... win both of those and we end up in the dog fight again!

Make no mistake im delighted with yesterdays result in terms of player confidence and goal difference but have a look at the league table, a Proper look, then tell me we can sit back and plan for next  season...

[/quote]Do you read your posts before you send them Jas? Really it is like the story of the guy trecking through the jungle. Nervously he asked the guides what he should do if they saw a Lion. "Run" said the guide. "I am not faster than a Lion" he replied. The guide laughed - "no you do not need to be faster than a Lion" and then pointed at the rest of the column "you just need to be faster than one of them".So it is with the CCC, we don''t need more points than Wednesday. Just more points than ONE OF Barnsley, Leicester, Southampton, Cov & Wednesday. If the truth be known I suspect 50 points will do it if you have the cajones and Southampton will be the fall guys.