Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Ray's funds for FONCY

Yes you lovely old Pickers its Raise funds for Foncy, Its thanks to Gentleman Jim for that suggestion ,I hope you all like it , I will be making an amendment in the coming weeks and taking my name out of the title . I don''t want you to think its my Free Bet, its your Pigeon, not mine.

Its CanaryGeorge in charge this week , now CanaryGeorge is a wily old bird clever at working out the odds and helping us with our selections , when I included him with my young guns he come on here and insisted he was an old Coot but I know better than that he is no more than a fledgling , anyhow its CanaryGeorge''s Tern this week , I know none of you lovely old Pickers are Gull ible enough to think we are going to win every week . O.k. I know defeat is hard to Swallow but when we do win I am as proud as a Peacock in fact i am Puffin out my chest as I am sure Nutty is .

I know none of you Pickers want to Duck out of making your selections and remember none of us has to Shell out . I also know that a lot of you lovely old Pickers are Bittern by the Free Bet bug and can''t let go which is lovely . You know I have told you so many times I watch all your selections like a Hawk in fact I am quite Eagle eyed . I do try to mix up my opening  Free Bet message , I never want to do it Parrot fashion .

Wren  you make your selections on the Free Bet thread take your time there is no Thrush you don''t have to be Swift . Now if you get your selection wrong there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread no one is going to Snipe at you or Grouse at your selection  arrdee wont have any of that . I feel we have a wonderful Flock of Pickers and we are no longer Flying blind as we were eh! Nutty and of course it will be a Feather in CanaryGeorge''s hat and think of all the Bunting hanging from Dixmars office at the final presentation .

You will see I have made no reference to that wonderful sea bird the Shag ? this is in order to keep Devonshire,Fellas , Inch high , and Lappinitup focused on the job in hand , we cant afford to have them off and running , I don''t want to be the one to Egg them on. [:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                          £212-56p.

i don''t like picking city - but this week, my heart and head are saying, yeah - go for it!!!with colchester playing for 80mins last night with 10 men, against we know a physical and eager hull side, its clear the u''s will know they''ve been in a match - and hopefully be somewhat jaded and mentally fudged for their trip to carra rd.on a heavy pitch, they will only last 30 mins before feeling it.  yep, they''ve got one bits at the cherry.i feel sure we''ll weather their early storm, then take the game by the scruff of the neck and do ''em. yeahcity to beat colchester.  easy.....

Good luck with the new thread - lets start with a win!

My tip this week is Aldershot to beat Altrincham at home.  Aldershot (top of table) have won 6 out of last 7 in the league, while the visitors are struggling against the drop and on a run of 1 win in 8 in the league.  Aldershot have also won 15 out of 19 at home this season.

A cert if ever there was one. [H]

Sorry you lovely old Pickers , what I forgot to say was my "nap" in accordance with my message has to be those wonderful birds the Canaries , I know its been a Lark about  on my part but before long we are going out and beat a team heavily it could be this weekend .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                    Â£ 212-56p.  Thanks Norfolkchance1 for that good suggestion . arrdee.

First of all, good luck this week Canarygeorge its looks a bit of a toughy to me.

Its not the sea bird the "Shag" that worries me Arrdee its the class of the bird im with and if when she leaves in the morning i have got a dose of "Thrush" lol

Right on to my pick

Rangers v Hibs  -   Home win

The final push to win the league will leave Hibs no chance of stoping Rangers, home win dead cert.

Arrdee - great new title for the Free Bet thread, hopefully you''ll get lots of new people having a nosey to see what all the fuss is about.

CanaryGeorge, good luck for this week I''m sure we''ll be onto another winner this week.

As for my selection, I''ve taken inspiration from Arrdee''s load of old twaddle above! Only kidding Ray, you brighten up my week, i''ll tell thee. I was tempted towards SWANsea, but they play at 13.00 on Friday, and with it being bank holiday week we all seem to lose track of what day it is more than normal! So this week I''m continuing Arrdee''s wonderful theme with a game between 2 teams nicknamed after birds. Dunno, it just seemed like an omen. BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION home win against Swindon. Brighton have a good home record, compared to Swindon''s poor away record - this''ll do for me.

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)

My nap this week is from the non-leagues, a place I rarely frequent with my picks.My nap is Aldershot to beat Altringham.Aldershot are top and doing pretty good after a little blip. They are 10 points clear of second and will be going for it to become champions. Altringham have been flirting with relegation all season but picked up last month but have really fallen out of form with only 1 win in 8.Good luck canarygeorge! Not that I think you will need luck. Your naps are usually spot on. Go get ''em!

Yes what you lovely old Pickers must remember we can Swan it over the rest of the clubs in the U.K. unlike that load of scum down the road from us (our road i might add) who seemed intent in  Robin every business in Suffolk . we will never be Down , we can keep our Peckers up (we are back to Devonshire now) and of course we can always say to them you have been Plucked .[:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,      £212-56p. Great suggestion Norfolkchance1.

Celtic to beat Gretna

Sunday game, and even though Gretna are at home, the only way they can hold Celtic ( given the pressure from Rangers and fans ) is if the hoops go pub crawling on Saturday night while Gretna are being pumped up on steroids. 

Back to the comforts of the Conference.  Torquay away win vs. Stafford Rangers.  Torquay needs it to keep their playoff spot secure and Stafford is getting relegated no matter what, pretty much.

First of all a little stat to be aware of. In league 2 there have been more away wins than home wins over the season, twelve more when I checked monday night. So beware the minefield that is league 2... (Says the man who frequently picks Peterborough to no avail..)

Anyway. Cambridge to beat Weymouth

Cambridge - 2nd. 13/5/1 at home. Won last four home games.

Weymouth - 20th. 4/5/10 away from home. 1 win in last fourteen games overall.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]EAGLES to stuff the OWLS anybody ?[/quote]

Now Canarygeorge where have you been been ? You have had poor old arrdee worried sick and a lot of other Pickers as well I might add , no answer to my e-mail or p.m. we have seen nothing of you for 3 weeks and you know the Free Bet is not the same without Canarygeorge to help us . arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                 £212-56p

Well I did think that Celtic looked nailed on to beat Gratna this week,

But I don''t pick aways generaly and they have let me down twice, big time, on this Forum.

I see YC has chosen them this week so I will leave him to shoulder the responsibility of them.(ha ha)

Instead I have delved into the non league for my selection this week, A v A.

Aldershot v Altringham, the "Shots" are on an unbeaten run of seven games and are currently impressive at home

Altringham are on the early stages of a breakdown, bad away and look as if they will need the "AA" to come to their rescue pretty soon.

By George ! It must be ALDERSHOT to win this one, surely ! ! !

Good luck CanaryGeorge, give em what for.

Greetings once more.

Into League 2 this week, Chester v Darlington, away win.

Darlo are still sniffing automatic promotion, 1 defeat in 6 and 10 away wins this season.

Chester on the other hand seem to be in freefall, only 1 win in 15 and 12 defeats at home, including the last 6.

Good Luck CanaryGeorge.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

I love the bird theme Arrdee and I wonder if the new thread title will attract some new pickers this week. Will established posters like First Buzzard or Mr Sparrow stick their beaks in and realise they toucan win some kite for the academy. Or will they chicken out for fear mocking birds if their selections lose.

I''m going to Spain for my nap this week. Barcelona have won 12 of their 14 home games this season and need to win home games like this if they are to have any chance of mounting a serious challenge to Madrid over the last 10 games.

Barcelona V Real Valladolid Home win

Good luck CanaryGeorge[Y] I''m sure you will have plenty to crow about when your selections come home to roost this weekend.

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

I love the bird theme Arrdee and I wonder if the new thread title will attract some new pickers this week. Will established posters like First Buzzard or Mr Sparrow stick their beaks in and realise they toucan win some kite for the academy. Or will they chicken out for fear mocking birds if their selections lose.

[/quote]

Yes but doesn''t the old buzzard crow on like a mother hen.[:D][:D]

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="canarygeorge"]EAGLES to stuff the OWLS anybody ?[/quote]

Now Canarygeorge where have you been been ? You have had poor old arrdee worried sick and a lot of other Pickers as well I might add , no answer to my e-mail or p.m. we have seen nothing of you for 3 weeks and you know the Free Bet is not the same without Canarygeorge to help us . arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                 £212-56p

[/quote]

Sorry i''ve been missing Ray. I got a new computer and only just got back to the Pink''un. Just in time it seems. lol. Hope i can do the business with the help of all the lovely Free Bet posters. We know theres no finger pointing on this thread.

I''ve been busy this last 5 weeks on an online Football Management game called Xperteleven.com It''s brilliant, and the best one i''ve ever played. I''ve got 3 different teams, including 1 for City fans called Norwich City mad of which i''m the League Admin. We''ve got 2 divisions of 10 teams each, with a Cup competition. If anyone is interested in joining, we have a vacancy for 1 Manager. www.Xperteleven.com  Click on join, enter a user name & password, in the menu on the left, click search and enter ID 143828 and you''re in.

Back to the thread, good luck with the selections, guys and gals.       

Right Mr DUCKer, it''s my tern, you''ve asked for this old cock !!

I must admit I feel high as a kite (you thought I was going to say pissed as a coot) this afternoon (been drinking kestrel lager and famous grouse all day).

Nuthatch nigel missed out oyster catcher and didn''t count yellow/hammer eider but First Buzzard and Mr Sparrow were very good.

Anyway, enough of this lark, I''ve had a gander at the fixtures and can''t see past the Canaries (especially if old pigeon toed Eagle plays) so....

Norwich v Colchester.    Home win.

Lapwingitup.      Totally cuckoo and a bit of a tit !!    [:D]

Now keep those selections coming in you lovely old Pickers , lets make Canarygeorge''s job as hard as possible . If you see your selection has been picked by someone else it doesn''t matter I still want you to name that team other wise you are giving us your second best and arrdee doesn''t like second best . Remember Norwich City are the only club that has the Free Bet , so please don''t give our beloved club second best . We want winners on the Free Bet its your chance for all you fans to help your club , Its for those fans that are far away , those fans with health problems , those fans that cannot afford to go , this is your chance to support your club just by making that one selection, you are as important as the fans in the ground, because you too are supporting your club on the Free Bet thread. [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                         £212-56p.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I must admit I feel high as a kite (you thought I was going to say pissed as a coot) this afternoon (been drinking kestrel lager and famous grouse all day).

Nuthatch nigel missed out oyster catcher and didn''t count yellow/hammer eider but First Buzzard and Mr Sparrow were very good.

Anyway, enough of this lark, I''ve had a gander at the fixtures and can''t see past the Canaries (especially if old pigeon toed Eagle plays) so....

[/quote]

I have fallen off my chair and have been laying in a heap laughing my head off . I bet you have had Swan lager and have been in the Black Swan all afternoon , while poor old arrdee has been working his Cobb''s off, never mind his Pen [:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                                        £212-56p. Good idea Norfolkchance1

A bit random, maybe - but Derby are 8-1 to beat Middlesborough, and Middlesborough are rubbish and can''t score goals.  I''d have a speculative punt on that for an odds bet.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

LOL. I nearly fell off my perch laughing at that. Top post.

Now then, as Arrdee said, if your fancy has already been picked, please pick it again rather than give a 2nd best.

I can only choose between 5 and 7 selections anyway, so if 3 or 4 people go for the same selection it is more positive than 25 people giving a different selection, just to be different.     

[/quote]