Sign in to follow this  
From_Autumn_To_Ashes

Transfer Fee Record

With the purchase of Jon Newsome, City managed to break the £1m barrier regarding a transfer fee paid for a player.
Do you think this record will be broken in the close season or are City going to be making loan signings and Bosman-like transfers?
We may start next season with the lowest transfer fee paid record in the Prem, wonder if any other Prem teams have failed to purchase a player over £1m..? Can''t think of any...

Hmm this thought has crossed my mind too. I think the only player we would break our transfer record for would be Crouch. His approx value would be about £1.5M I should think. I would be SHOCKED if we paid 7 figures for anyone else

I don''t think it''s likely NW is going to spending much of the money he has on big (well for us anyway) transfer fee''s. Has NW ever expressed much interest in signing Crouch? I''ve seen so much about all this I can''t remember Worthy ever saying anything.

Worthy may not have said directly that he wants to sign Crouchy, but he made enough of the right noises when he was here to suggest that he would really love to have him back, and a lot of us feel the same way too. I think you are right, Saint, that Worthy will make a few smaller buys rather than one big one that will break the record, but he might decide to break the record by a bit if Crouchy becomes available because he already knows that the motivation will be there by the bucketload and he will fit in with everyone.

I would be happy with signing 3 quality players (one striker, one midfielder and one defender) rather than 6 avarage players. In the transfer window we could get another of couple of players.

There is talk about squads not teams being needed in the Prem BUT its a smaller league so we will play less games. We should follow the example of this season and pick the same 11 as often as possible (and only drop players for loss of form, suspensions and injuries ect).

Quality is what is important.

turn to the yellow side you are right,we need quality rather than leicester style quantity. i think we could do with a couple of utility players and a couple of quality players. If come December we are seemingly destined for the drop, then it would not be worth going out and spending more. If meanwhile we are doing well,then we could go and get a bit more quality

I think we all need to take note that the Board have gone public in stating that there will not be a great deal of money available for new players. Most of the extra Premiership money is going on servicing our debt, paying promotion bonuses, increased paydeals, and of course settling up with Hucks. That being so we just are not going to see 3 or 4 players joining us, each for £1,000,000 plus. We will in all likelyhood only be signing "squad" players on loan, frees and bosmans.......shame, but true.

I think leicester is a good example for signing players for a job and lets face it they might of stayed up if it was''nt for that rape case

I think i saw somewhere that they lost 19 points in the last 10 mins of there games last season and that could of meant a difference of finishing mid table to how they ended up with players costing nothing

It looks like someone is going to get dickov for 75k i think we are going to miss out on a few players like scimeca because of our location

Worthy said in the EEN last week that at some stage in the summer he will have to part with a sizeable fee to get the quality he wants. Personally I see us signing a couple of players for a large fee with maybe 2 or 3 bosmans and a couple of long term loans coming in to make up the numbers. Don''t read to much into the 17 million quoted in the local press last week, that is the base figure. There is also additional sponsorship, merchandising and other extras on top of that and including parachute payments the final figure is nearer 40 million for just 1 season in the prem. Delia actually said that we don''t have much money compared to some but she is not likely to say we have loads to spend even if we did for obvious reasons. One thing is for sure it should be an interesting summer.