Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Abuse of Refs

I have not seen much on this subject on the forum so thought I would comment;

I for one am sick of watching the constant disrespect shown to refs from Prima Donna Premiership players e.g;

continued harassment such as from that thuggish, classless jerk John Terry,

the foul mouthing i.e. ranting Rooney

the pointless stupidity, such as that of the arrogant argie Mascherano

to finally the absolutely pathetic childish tantrums such as that shown by that shocking little man Cashley Cole

It definitely does rub off on the lower divisions and worse, the kids...watch any school or park game. If we did a small percentage of these things in the street we would be taken away by the boys in blue and locked up for the night. Compare it to the respect shown in rugby...its time to put a stop to it...what do you think?

agree 100%

the only way to stamp it out is to have the Captains and ONLY the captains talk to the referee.. anyone else is shown a yellow card.. without fail!

If the Ref wants to book or send off a player he calls the captain over first, explains why he is going to send the player off/book him then takes action against the player concerned...

jas :)

Totally and utterly agree. It''s a part of the game that we can easily do without, football is getting out of control.

I liked Ian Wrights suggestion that points should be taken away from teams who break the rules regarding speaking to Refs.  That would stamp the problem out in about a week.

I am all for greater respect being shown to the officials but sometimes the officials aren''t worthy of that respect. Going back to the other day - why didn''t Mike Riley send off Ashley Cole? He bottled it. He was weak when he needed to make a big decision. I find it hard to have sympathy with a ref in that situation.

The weak punishments at the top level are the problem.That little Argentinian git has a one game ban and if found guilty of mis-conduct will get an extra 2 games (big deal)!!  I can''t remember his name but there was a Southampton player who reacted in a similar way when we were in the Premiership and he got banned for something like 10 games!!My mate also reacted in a similar way in a Sunday game and got an 8 month ban!!

To be honest the governing body could end the hassleing of refs IN AN INSTANT.  But choose not to...  There it is, end of story.As for the last week - just showed the pathetic consistency from Ref, Cashley Cole showing clear dissent and Torres booked for asking why players were allowed to get away with hacking him down...