Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I'll Never Turn On Jamie Lad

I am much humbled by you responding to my Doc question Wiz [;)]

But Wiz, Jamie deserves as much stick as any of the other players from earlier in the season. Doc has been in fine form since Taylor left and has reaped deserved praise. Now I like Jamie but at times he cant hit a cows arse with a banjo, and being a striker he deserves to be called up on this. If you look back at the Ipswich game Jamie missed 2 sitters, but then scored a cracking goal. If he had not scored then he would have deserved to be criticised, as he was against Stoke.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Can we just clear something up here...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

3. He bleeds Yellow & Green, ignored other clubs to come here and loves the fans.

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. He''s a professional footballer. He does what''s best for him, just like every other player in our squad. If for some reason a bigger club came in for him he wouldn''t be here. To think that any player "bleeds yellow and green" is a tad naive.

[/quote]

Would Darren Huckerby and Iwan Roberts fit into that catagory then Graham?

What about Flemmo and Malky?

jas :)

Wiz,

Doc is the most improved Norwich player under Roeder IMO. He has had a very good season.

Ironically, your managerial icon, Mike Walker, notonly turned his back on our Club he was the one who turned the Club''s back on Jamie Cureton.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Ironically, your managerial icon, Mike Walker, notonly turned his back on our Club he was the one who turned the Club''s back on Jamie Cureton.

[/quote]

Agreed Rudolph, and Jamie himself, readily admits to being a right old pain in the arse when he was a young man here playing under Mike Walker.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Can we just clear something up here...

3. He bleeds Yellow & Green, ignored other clubs to come here and loves the fans.

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. He''s a professional footballer. He does what''s best for him, just like every other player in our squad. If for some reason a bigger club came in for him he wouldn''t be here. To think that any player "bleeds yellow and green" is a tad naive.

[/quote]

Would Darren Huckerby and Iwan Roberts fit into that catagory then Graham?

What about Flemmo and Malky?

jas :)

[/quote]

What category? The "doing what''s best for their careers" category? The only one of those who really had a chance to move was Huckerby. And fair play to him he decided to stay here, probably because he likes the area and his family are settled here, more than a love for the club and the fans. Don''t get me wrong all those players you mention are legends and I''m not saying they don''t care about the club full stop, but I don''t buy this "bleeds yellow and green" nonsense.

I have never suggested that Jamie is above criticisim, you and others are saying that I''ve said that, but I have said that most critics of him on here, have now gone rabid in that criticising...............there is my friend, a slight difference.[/quote]

There is an element of truth in that but come on, have you ever said a bad word against him when it''s justified? Please correct me if I''m wrong but I don''t think you have.

[quote]And this is the only time I will fend a question on the Doc on a Cureton thread.[/quote]

Rough translation: They''ve got me on this one but I can''t possibly admit they''re right.

Fans who think some players are automatically beyond criticism and other players are automatically beyond redemption based on prejudice - yep, that''s the kind of supporter we need.

One key thing people are missing - especially those who say ''Some of the chances were so easy I would have scored them'' - is that you have to be there to miss in the first place, which is all about the ability to read the game and position yourself.

But then more importantly, you have to be big enough and brave enough to put yourself in that exact position again, and then run the risk of missing again.

Saturday was a prime example - Curo misses a sitter (albeit it was offside but a sitter nonetheless) but then 3 mins later when the pen is awarded, who slots it away?

Curo could have hidden - Dion or Hucks could have taken it. But no, he took it on. That''s the difference.

Rush had it, Shearer had it, Lineker had it. Curo does too.

Curo has missed some chances that frankly no striker should miss. It seems that this season he is missing the easy chances and scoring the difficult ones - his goals against Ipswich, Soton, Barnsley and Watford were brilliant finishes but some of his misses have been criminal. With Jamie there are just certain games you know he will score in (Colchester, Ipswich etc) and I hope that Bristol will be another one.

However, I don''t care what anyone says if Earnie was here he would have scored 25 by now and not the 14 Curo has managed.

I agree he seems to really want to be here and I think this sometimes contributes towards his misses as he tries too hard.

In all this I have to agree with Ricardo - if he was a top level striker then why has he spent almost his entire career in the bottom 2 divisions? All those years he was banging in the goals for Bristol and Reading no-one from the top 2 divisions took a punt on him. Even last year only us and Hull were in for him when he said he wanted to leave Colchester. To say he is prem quality is laughable I''m afraid - I can''t think of any of our players that fit that description as this moment in time.....

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

However, I don''t care what anyone says if Earnie was here he would have scored 25 by now and not the 14 Curo has managed.

I agree he seems to really want to be here and I think this sometimes contributes towards his misses as he tries too hard.

In all this I have to agree with Ricardo - if he was a top level striker then why has he spent almost his entire career in the bottom 2 divisions? All those years he was banging in the goals for Bristol and Reading no-one from the top 2 divisions took a punt on him. Even last year only us and Hull were in for him when he said he wanted to leave Colchester. To say he is prem quality is laughable I''m afraid - I can''t think of any of our players that fit that description as this moment in time.....

[/quote]

He isn''t a top level striker, he is a lower division striker.  I agree about Earnie, but in the end Earnie cost us 3.5 million, Jamie about £700K.

No need to be critisizing him over either of these reasons, they are facts.  Anyway, have you checked out the top scorers table this season in the championship, talk about a roll call of average players, looks like the premiership has sucked the championship dry of decent strikers.  If we are whinging about goals we should be complaining that we score bugger all goals from anywhere else in the side  That is the real problem.

Team

TOT
PhillipsWest Brom19
Ebanks-BlakeWolverhampton18
JohnSouthampton16
BeattieSheff Utd15
LisbieColchester15
FullerStoke14
MorrisonCrystal Palace14
AgyemangQPR13
CampbellHull13
LawrenceStoke13
PatersonScunthorpe13
BednarWest Brom12
CounagoIpswich12
CuretonNorwich12
HendersonWatford12

Poor man''s Earnshaw said: He is still rubbish, my gran could have scored that chance against stoke

And you sir, are a first class fool!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Poor man''s Earnshaw said: He is still rubbish, my gran could have scored that chance against stoke

And you sir, are a first class fool!.[:|]

[/quote]

as for you wiz, your more complex than a rubiks cube!

you change your opinion to whatever suits you best at the time

one minute your moaning about the boards lack of ambition on signings then your praising one of our more recent signings as the best thing since sliced bread

i suspect you are one of the many old narrrfolk people that know nothing about football and only like players and rate them if they do something stupid like dye their hair green

Poor man''s Earnshaw said:  one minute your moaning about the boards lack of ambition on signings then your praising one of our more recent signings as the best thing since sliced bread

i suspect you are one of the many old narrrfolk people that know nothing about football and only like players and rate them if they do something stupid like dye their hair green

I was a Jamie fan when he was here the first time, maybe you should seek your grandmothers opinion on him back then!.

yes and it was the first time he was here that he died his hair green

im not too sure what your arguement really is?

but then again thats probably becuase your so confused as to whether your hating or liking the tea at the moment

Poor man''s Earnshaw said : yes and it was the first time he was here that he died his hair greenc im not too sure what your arguement really is?

but then again thats probably becuase your so confused as to whether your hating or liking the tea at the moment

Eh?

Can you now translate from your native Martian into English please? [:S]

Now Poor Man , You have stated on this board that Jamie wont score another goal this season , well again I say this sounds like betting talk to me , I still await your reply . arrdee.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

He isn''t a top level striker, he is a lower division striker.  I agree about Earnie, but in the end Earnie cost us 3.5 million, Jamie about £700K.

No need to be critisizing him over either of these reasons, they are facts.  Anyway, have you checked out the top scorers table this season in the championship, talk about a roll call of average players, looks like the premiership has sucked the championship dry of decent strikers.  If we are whinging about goals we should be complaining that we score bugger all goals from anywhere else in the side  That is the real problem.

Team

TOT
PhillipsWest Brom19
Ebanks-BlakeWolverhampton18
JohnSouthampton16
BeattieSheff Utd15
LisbieColchester15
FullerStoke14
MorrisonCrystal Palace14
AgyemangQPR13
CampbellHull13
LawrenceStoke13
PatersonScunthorpe13
BednarWest Brom12
CounagoIpswich12
CuretonNorwich12
HendersonWatford12

[/quote]

Well said. We rely far too much here on our strikers, yes we have to have a striker who get 20 golas, but we need defenders who chip in with 5-8 goals, midfielders who get in and around the 10 mark. Cureton does score some wonder goals, but he annoys me with his lack of nous on the off side rule. thats why he is not a prem striker, but I still think he has a big part to play next season.