Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I'll Never Turn On Jamie Lad

Unlike some ''fans'' on here.

1. Like Neil Adams said in the Pink Un Saturday, Jamie Cureton doesn''t miss as many chances as some of the fans make out, it just seems that way because City create so few real chances and any misses he makes get highlighted. At Col Who last year, they created treble the chances City do, and Cureo topped the scoring charts for them.............rocket science its not.

2. When he does score a hat trick, they moan that it was only against a virtual league one side! how stupid and spiteful is that? all goals against whoever, are life blood for City, and how many precious points have Jamie''s goals earned for City this season?.

3. He bleeds Yellow & Green, ignored other clubs to come here and loves the fans.

If none of the above is good enough for you, than you have my pity. Yes, Curo misses chances, all strikers do, but our top scorer, and I''ll just repeat that for the dim out there, our top scorer, has become the whipping boy of the club with some so-called fans.

And thats why I''ll never turn on Jamie Cureton, remember, form is temporary, class is permanent.

And Jamie lad is 100% class!.[Y]

It''s rich you calling some people "fans" (inverted commas) when you are the biggest moaner of the lot, Wiz.  From Roeder to Pattison to Doherty to Evans, you''ve turned your fire on each of them - so it''s a bit rich to claim you''ll never "turn on" any player, never mind Cureton, when even saying so makes you an almighty hypocrite.

Can we just clear something up here...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

3. He bleeds Yellow & Green, ignored other clubs to come here and loves the fans.

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. He''s a professional footballer. He does what''s best for him, just like every other player in our squad. If for some reason a bigger club came in for him he wouldn''t be here. To think that any player "bleeds yellow and green" is a tad naive.

Ok Wiz i have given the lad stick in the past but never after a hat trick... but...........

Are you saying the Cureton is above criticism? He did miss an absolute sitter against Stoke, so rightly got stick. You are one of the many people who say Roeder is not above criticism despite the fantastic job he has done since taking over. Double standards?

Yes he is a good finisher when he has the chance, but he has missed chances this season.  And also those chances are from about 4 yards out where even I could score from. 

He has hit good form at the moment, but he could of had alot more goals than he has now if he had put away those easy chances.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s rich you calling some people "fans" (inverted commas) when you are the biggest moaner of the lot, Wiz.  From Roeder to Pattison to Doherty to Evans, you''ve turned your fire on each of them - so it''s a bit rich to claim you''ll never "turn on" any player, never mind Cureton, when even saying so makes you an almighty hypocrite.[/quote]

Agreed, I have slammed those persons in the past, because, in my opinion, they fully deserved it! but as usual you dodge my point.

We''re discussing Curo and no other player, and its certainly not about about me, and your non answer on this threads subject speaks volumes for me and everyone else!.

You just wanted to make it personal again.[:|]

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

I agree with you. I don''t like Roeder''s comments.

[/quote]i do, hes throwing down challenge after challenge. Thats a good thing!was he manager when Jamie got the golden boot? nope, so why should he care?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. He''s a professional footballer. He does what''s best for him, just like every other player in our squad. If for some reason a bigger club came in for him he wouldn''t be here. To think that any player "bleeds yellow and green" is a tad naive.

[/quote]

I don''t think so Graham I think Jamie loves it here , he started his career here from those days of dyeing his hair green and yellow until the present day he just loves our club . I for one hopes he finish his playing days with us . My son dyed his hair yellow and green for every match for weeks after that . I thought about doing the same but my wife looked at me with a funny expression on her face , I decided against it , squeak squeak, arrdee.

Now Poor man , so Jamie won''t score again this season eh ? this sounds like betting talk to me . arrdee.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

I agree with you. I don''t like Roeder''s comments.

[/quote]Roeder simply has high standards and I for one back them.Well done Jamie on your hat-trick, I''m pleased for you, but ultimately it''s only one game and I''d rather he scored consistantly week in week out, it would mean more to us as a club if he did.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think so Graham I think Jamie loves it here , he started his career here from those days of dyeing his hair green and yellow until the present day he just loves our club . I for one hopes he finish his playing days with us . My son dyed his hair yellow and green for every match for weeks after that . I thought about doing the same but my wife looked at me with a funny expression on her face , I decided against it , squeak squeak, arrdee.

[/quote]

Agree 100% with you Ardee, I know Jamie loves it at NC and loves the fans support, how, because he told me so on his first stint here when I spoke to him.  He is yella n green through and through and takes pride in wearing the shirt, which the likes of Earn-a-lot never did.

People can critisise JC all they like, but where would NC be now if it weren''t for his goals?  I''ve always said, feed him the ball he will score, ok so he''s missed a few sitters, he''s not perfect, but he is always the first to hold his hands up and say he''d missed chances.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s rich you calling some people "fans" (inverted commas) when you are the biggest moaner of the lot, Wiz.  From Roeder to Pattison to Doherty to Evans, you''ve turned your fire on each of them - so it''s a bit rich to claim you''ll never "turn on" any player, never mind Cureton, when even saying so makes you an almighty hypocrite.[/quote]

Agreed, I have slammed those persons in the past, because, in my opinion, they fully deserved it! but as usual you dodge my point.

We''re discussing Curo and no other player, and its certainly not about about me, and your non answer on this threads subject speaks volumes for me and everyone else!.

You just wanted to make it personal again.[:|]

[/quote]

No I didn''t, and I don''t make things personal - unless your name really is First Wizard, but I doubt that.  Though, like First Buses, you''re not all that reliable.

Let''s try again then, Wiz.  Are you saying Cureton is above criticism?

And thats why I''ll never turn on Jamie Cureton, remember, form is temporary, class is permanent.

[/quote]

Very True Wiz.

Unfortunateley, lovely lad that he is, his class is only Lower Championship and upper league 1. His career record shows this to be true.

You could say that he is in a team whose position now reflects his talents.

Personally I believe NCFC should be upper Championship or lower Premiership. Unfortunateley Jamie is not good enough to get us there.

A pity, but that''s the long and short of it.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

No I didn''t, and I don''t make things personal - unless your name really is First Wizard, but I doubt that.  Though, like First Buses, you''re not all that reliable.

[/quote]

I''d just like to point out that he admitted he personally dislikes Doherty and would never give him any praise at all in the not-too-distant past so that renders his entire argument worthless along with his inability to ever criticise Cureton.

And he wonders why people don''t take him seriously.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Very True Wiz.

Unfortunateley, lovely lad that he is, his class is only Lower Championship and upper league 1. His career record shows this to be true.

Personally I believe NCFC should be upper Championship or lower Premiership. Unfortunateley Jamie is not good enough to get us there.

[/quote]

Now Ricardo you lovely old boy , you know I am one of your best friends on this board and I never take issue with you as I respect your views and we go back a long way don''t we ? I do think that Jamie is above where in your opinion you place him, I place him higher a lot higher than you , I place him lower Prem to mid Prem . I remember a lot of pundits said the same about Ted Mac when we sighed him from Bournmouth , they said he will never make it with the big boys , he is too limited , not enough to offer was their cry as I remember .

Ricardo goalscorers are a unique breed they are few and far between , they are selfish, they are hungry, they would die to score , the most pleasing thing ever about Jamie was when he tried to score his hat-trick under Grant ,when Grant admonished him because there was someone better placed than him to score , I knew then we had a wonderful goalscorer on our hands .arrdee.  

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Very True Wiz.

[/quote]

Now Ricardo you lovely old boy , you know I am one of your best friends on this board and I never take issue with you as I respect your views and we go back a long way don''t we ? I do think that Jamie is above where in your opinion you place him, I place him higher a lot higher than you , I place him lower Prem to mid Prem . I remember a lot of pundits said the same about Ted Mac when we sighed him from Bournmouth , they said he will never make it with the big boys , he is too limited , not enough to offer was their cry as I remember .

Ricardo goalscorers are a unique breed they are few and far between , they are selfish, they are hungry, they would die to score , the most pleasing thing ever about Jamie was when he tried to score his hat-trick under Grant ,when Grant admonished him because there was someone better placed than him to score , I knew then we had a wonderful goalscorer on our hands .arrdee.  

[/quote]

Yes Ray, goalscorers are indeed a rare breed and I agree they said the same about Ted Mac. However Ted proved he could do it at the top by the number of goals he scored for us and Southampton in the top flight. I hope you are not telling me you put Jamie in Ted''s class because in that case I would have to disagree strongly. If I had to put my life on one NCFC player scoring in a one on one with the keeper I would name Ted without a moments hesitation. He was the best I ever saw at Carrow Rd in that respect.

Don''t get me wrong old mate, I love Jamie and hope to see him do well but you have to be realistic about these things. He has always given everything to the cause and I remember thinking what a good little player he was when I first saw him in the Youth team many years back. He has proved over the years what a good little goalscorer he is, you only have to look at his record to see he was no flash in the pan. However his record shows that he did it mainly in the second and third tiers of the game. It pains me to say it but he was a cheap replacement for Earnie and in this game you get what you pay for.

I don''t think even at his best he was ever in Earnies class and he certainly was never in Ted McDougals Class.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]There are very few player able to strike a ball as consistently cleanly as Jamie Cureton.[/quote]

Or to get the important goals he has done for us this season. Don''t get me wrong, he missed some of his chances but no more than Earnie did (probably less so, earnie was so frustrating sometimes, I remember that miss when he was actually on the goaline last season). Owen has been missing his chances recently, doesn''t mean he''s a rubbish player now. Cureton, has since his injury which obviously affected him quite badly, has got 6 goals in 7 games. That''s a bloody good record and I''m telling you this now, if he had not been struck by the appendicitis I think he''d easily be up with the top scorers. He has been superb since he''s come back and got the key goals this season that should now keep us up.

A lot of fans have critise him for not scoring and now he scores they fault him for something else. No striker is perfect and no striker will get goals every week. But he is our player, he will always give his all for norwich and will always score goals, to me that is good enough.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im afraid your wrong on this one, Jamie has wanted to come back to Norwich since he left as a kid. I know for a fact, from the horses mouth, that he asked Worthington.... yes Worthington.... twice for a trial when he was a free agent on two occassions three years apart (to which worthy said no, one of these occassions he was the top scorer in league one). He never wanted to leave, the fans never wanted him to go. He loves Norwich and considers it to be his home due to the many friends he made as a 16 year old on a YTS..... So your wrong, Cureton does bleed Norwich, both the football club and the city and has been back socially several times a year every year of his career since leaving, even used to drive from bristol on his days off, he is a top lad who loves the club more than many of the so called fans on this board and i know that it would absolute devastate him if he was asked to leave again would probably even quit football, it would also devastate him if we were relegated. I for one am thrilled to have such a dedicated player at the club.

Same goes for Daryl Russell.

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im afraid your wrong on this one, Jamie has wanted to come back to Norwich since he left as a kid. I know for a fact, from the horses mouth, that he asked Worthington.... yes Worthington.... twice for a trial when he was a free agent on two occassions three years apart (to which worthy said no, one of these occassions he was the top scorer in league one). He never wanted to leave, the fans never wanted him to go. He loves Norwich and considers it to be his home due to the many friends he made as a 16 year old on a YTS..... So your wrong, Cureton does bleed Norwich, both the football club and the city and has been back socially several times a year every year of his career since leaving, even used to drive from bristol on his days off, he is a top lad who loves the club more than many of the so called fans on this board and i know that it would absolute devastate him if he was asked to leave again would probably even quit football, it would also devastate him if we were relegated. I for one am thrilled to have such a dedicated player at the club.

Same goes for Daryl Russell.

[/quote]

So if a bigger club came in for him (and Russell for that matter) they wouldn''t leave? Yeah right, they''d be almost the only professional footballers ever not to do so.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

I''d just like to point out that he admitted he personally dislikes Doherty and would never give him any praise at all in the not-too-distant past so that renders his entire argument worthless along with his inability to ever criticise Cureton.

[/quote]

Oh do grow up Humphrey! and read this treads topic again, its about JC, not bloody Doc, or me.

And you wonder why I never take you seriously?.[:S]

....I was with Jamie the day the club sold him. The boy was absolutley distraught and devastated - real tears. He loves the club, the area and the fans. He''s a sensitive lad and a bit of a romantic - he always wanted to come back to us. Oh! he''s also a classy striker and finisher when WITH ENOUGH service he bangs them in for fun.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh do grow up Humphrey! and read this treads topic again, its about JC, not bloody Doc, or me.

[/quote]

Ok wiz a few points....

First you say the thread is not about you, but its called ''Why I will never turn on Jamie'' I meaning you.

Secondly, the point about Doc is perfectly relevent. You seem to suggest Jamei is above criticism but you have said you will never give Doc praise? How is that fair or balanced?

Well said Wiz

Ive noticed this, he''s played in a poor side andhow many chances did he get in the first half of the season. It''s only been in the last few games that he''s played that he''s got chances, and when he misses people make out he''s been missing hatfuls all season!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok wiz a few points....

First you say the thread is not about you, but its called ''Why I will never turn on Jamie'' I meaning you.

Secondly, the point about Doc is perfectly relevent. You seem to suggest Jamei is above criticism but you have said you will never give Doc praise? How is that fair or balanced?

[/quote]

I simply believe that the Doc is one of the most inept, ungifted and point losing players, I have ever had the misfortune to see in a City shirt King..................so praising him, for me, is indeed impossible.

I have never suggested that Jamie is above criticisim, you and others are saying that I''ve said that, but I have said that most critics of him on here, have now gone rabid in that criticising...............there is my friend, a slight difference.

And this is the only time I will fend a question on the Doc on a Cureton thread.

So be advised!.