Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Colchester player ratings

[quote user="mr happy"]get a life mate and try watching the game with your eyes open.Fans like you who needs enemies[/quote]

I think you''ll find this has been discussed, rather more reasonably, already.

I think we''ve got our new troll...

[quote user="mr happy"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Marshall - 7
Otsemobor - 7
Doherty - 7
Shackell - 5
Bertrand - 6
Fotheringham - 5
Russell - 7
Pattison - 6
Huckerby - 6
Cureton - 6
Dublin - 5

Pearce - 6
Croft - 6
Rigters - 6

[/quote]get a life mate and try watching the game with your eyes open.Fans like you who needs enemies[/quote]

I may disagree with his ratings, but at least he can back them up, and at least he has actually done some. Nothing annoys me more than someone replying to ratings with a "Did you actually go the game" comment or similar. Then not actually offering their own opinion.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="mr happy"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Marshall - 7
Otsemobor - 7
Doherty - 7
Shackell - 5
Bertrand - 6
Fotheringham - 5
Russell - 7
Pattison - 6
Huckerby - 6
Cureton - 6
Dublin - 5

Pearce - 6
Croft - 6
Rigters - 6

[/quote]get a life mate and try watching the game with your eyes open.Fans like you who needs enemies[/quote]

I may disagree with his ratings, but at least he can back them up, and at least he has actually done some. Nothing annoys me more than someone replying to ratings with a "Did you actually go the game" comment or similar. Then not actually offering their own opinion.

[/quote]

Absolutely. Likewise I don''t entirely agree with yours but you have given your reasons and that''s perfectly okay; that''s the thing really, if people can''t have a proper discussion about things then why bother.

I also agree with your earlier comments about the different rating styles; I generally tend to mark lower than most people but that''s because I think to score an 8 or above then the player in question needs to have a really really good game. Sometimes I''ll totally agree with someone''s analysis but give the player a lower mark. I think from now on I should put in more comments along with my ratings as it can be asy to take them the wrong way sometimes.

[quote user="mr happy"]so dublin and fossy had bad games,like i said before get a life mate![/quote]

(I don''t know why I''m even wasting my time replying but...)

Clearly haven''t read any of the following posts have you, since when has a 5 or 6 mark meant a bad game (it''s not in my book). 5 is average and that''s what Fotheringham is to my mind - spectacularly average. But if I thought he had a bad game he would have got about 3.

Well done on improving the quality of this forum, by the way.

Looking at these ratings I would have thought we had beaten Manu 5-1;   it was the biggest win in some time but far from the best performance this season,  it was one of those days when the opponents were poor and things went for us.

The reason the crowd were quiet (ie anxious) was that for a long period it looked like we were not going to capitalise on the possession/domination we had over a Colchester team who were very poor. 

I was worried about the midfield and whether 3 central midfielders would create enough,  but for me they dominated the game and were the foundation of the win;  Pattison was excellent and for once he and hux gave us real with combined with some quality balls into the box.  The defence were sound and never looked like conceeding unless we helped them, which we did.   They may have bagged 4 but our front two remain the weakest area of the team.

Marshall   6    Not impressive,  seems to be lacking confidence and quite a concern for me,  poor on crosses in particular

Ots          8     Candidate for MOTM,   still dubious about his positional sense but did defend and attack well today,  cracking goal sealed the win. Should have been awake for THAT free kick.

Shax        6     Commanding and would have been a 7 but for that header

Doc/Pearce 7  Commanding

Betrand      7   Defended well and put in some of the best crosses of the day;  has a real touch of class (only real class at the club?) 

Hux            7 Gave us width on his non preferred right,  If Croft could give us the cross Hux delivered for Cur-i-tons goal then croft would have been on the bench.  Faded as lack of match fitness told but helped stretch Colchester. 

Fozzy         7 Dominated midfield and used the ball well

Russell       7    Dominated midfield and for once won some 50/50s,  at his combatative best, could have used the ball better

Pattison      8  MOTM for me;  provided width, delivery and determination  with his first good game since signing permanently.  Perhaps he should be picked up early from Colney on a Sunday morning more often as he clearly responds to authority figures ;-)

Cureton     7  A hat trick and determination but offered us very little;  felt Roeders comments were justified  - about time really

Dion        6  Reminded me of Chris Brown early in the season;  worked damn hard, won some in the air but not enough, some good link up play, but not enough - then blew that by actually scoring - but not enough... Like Iwan in his last season conceeded far too many fouls, won too little and was too immobile to get on the end of crossing that was as good as our midfield have done for a season and a half. 

Croft 6 loads of endeavour but where is that end product going to arrive;   Pattison and Hux were better at the same role today.

[quote user="mr happy"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

Well that was some game! And with results going our way im very happy. Watched this one from the Jarrold stand. Its literally a morgue. About 10% sang OTBC before the game, no one stood up for the penalty, hardly anyone one clapped the subs off. Was embarassing to sit their to be honest.. But anyway.

Marshall - 6/7 - Did well. Made some good saves. Reasonable in the air. Not at fault for the goal in fact he could have very easily have fouled Lisbie and got sent off, with no keeper on the bench im glad he didnt! His kicking from the floor is good, his kicking from the hands is terrible. None of the defenders ever came short to receive the ball though which must be frustrating.

Otsemobor - 9 - Cracking performance. Defended well. Took his goal very well, and worked really effectively with Huckerby. Every time he got forward we looked dangerous.

Doc - 6 - Not much to do. Went off at half time for unknown reason.

Shacks - 6 - Kept them out well, but very much at fault for the goal. Handled their large striker in the air reasonably well.

Bertrand - 8 - Another good performance. Linked up well. Stopped crosses coming in. Looked good forward again and was unlucky not to score in the second half.

Fozzy - 7 - Played well, hassled, without much quality.

Russell - 9 - Can see what we have been missing. I bemoaned the lack of an attacking midfielder recently, but he was quality going forward. And got stuck in against the colly midfielders.

Pattison - 8 - Thought he had a great game in the first half. Linked up well, put in some good crosses and was effective in defence. The reaction of the other lads when he went off was good to see too. Won the penalty as well, good to see him getting forward.

Hucks - 8  - Attacked well in tandem with Semmy. Set up the second goal and the penalty. Looked back to his best on the right wing. Few bad crosses though and free kicks to be critical.

Cureton - 8/9 - Took all three goals very well, although the goals were down to the good work of others. He didnt do much on the side however, hence only an 8/9. Im sure others will give him higher. But great to see him get some goals, hopefully he will be finishing like this next season.

Dion - 8/9 - Back to his best. Won most of the headers, fantastic on the floor, great goal. He also spotted before everyone else the fact that we were getting great joy down the right wing in the first half. Due to that he looked for hucks and semmy often, and his header to huckerby led to the second goal, considering the header was from the other side of the pitch that was quite impressive! A true pro, wish there were more like him around.

Subs

Pearce - 6 - Not much to do but looked solid.

Croft - 6 - No real impression.

Ritgers - 6 - Looked sharp. I thought he set up CUretons third goal, but Radio Norfolk reckoned it was Dion. Either way I thought it was ritgers, and it was a great lay off.

Crowd - Better - Nowhere near the crowd of the 01-04, but better than ive seen recently.

[/quote]are you sure you were in the jarrold stand mate,or are you unfamiliar with carrow road[/quote] Mr Happy, I was (like Trent Canary) in the South Stand today and have to agree with him. OTBC (where I was) was sung by only ME. Cue people staring at me as if I had just landed from Mars. V quiet throughout the game , I sang along to the anti Ipswich songs (you know the ones) and got some more strange looks. I stood up and applauded all the subs and was up and down for goal mouth action, while several people near me just sat like statues for the whole game. One guy was reading a book! Seriously. Back (thankfully) to the Barclay for me next time.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Cureton     7  A hat trick and determination but offered us very little;  felt Roeders comments were justified  - about time really

[/quote]

That is probably the highest you will ever give Jamie Cureton then Zipper, as goals are his game.  I rewmember several good scores you gave no goals no assists Chris Brown in non scoring shows.