Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy.

Yes its Free bet time again fans and its Trent Canary in charge , Trent is one of our young guns who intends to take Dixmar Racing apart . I feel that the Free Bet is like old father Thames that just keeps rolling along . I know Trent has no intention of offering Dixmar any Mersey , and when Trent gets all his selections correct we can all say Ouse a clever boy?

Oder there are only Severn weeks to go this season and its going to be a Test for you lovely old Pickers but I feel there are lots of easy ones out there without Dart ing into Europe , then again if we go down we can all say "Orwell  you lose some you Wensum" ,eh! Nutty . Now remember All you Pickers We want your very best "nap" If you see someone else has picked it I still want you to select it as well , because otherwise you are giving me and our beloved club second best , you are also doing yourself a disservice because Nutty will be publishing a league of the top Pickers at the end of the season so keep the Stream of winners coming .

Remember arrdee will never Ditch you lovely old Pickers . would it be good if I said "we have Brook Dixmar" I know we cant hand it on a Plate to Trent , Wye because we are not at the Beck and call of anyone , we will always do our own thing . I think its now Tyne for me to go . I know none of you lovely old Pickers wont give us Po selections .

Sorry all If I am getting on your nerves with my themes but as I say I like to keep my brain active , I think that''s the only thing that keeps me Seine. Talk to you all later . Tay oops I mean Ray. 

Yankee,2Fellas,P''boro, The line of fame.   £212-56p

barnsleys ball busting heroics has undone them of late.  i smell a side in free-fall in the league, cos the players have their hearts and minds on the cup.  can they switch it back in time to ''concentrate'' on the league this sat.  doubt it, cos they''re away at burnley on their cr@p pitch!!!  that''ll teach the tykes for dissing NCFC on the train home from carra rd!!!  losing in the cup semi doesn''t make up for being relegated....make no mistake!!!burnley to beat barnsley.....could be???

Very much looking forward to everyones picks for the week. I will only be using your selections, so hunt down a good mix of dead certs plus a couple of longer odds and im sure we can take Dixmar to the cleaners.

Not likely to be at my computer much the next day or so, so will fire over my selections around 7pm friday.

Loving the river theme by the way, maybe next week we could have an opening post revolving around sausages of the world? Try getting Chorizo in there somewhere [;)]

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

Appropriately I''m going to Stamford Bridge for my nap this week where I feel we can bank on Chelsea to keep the pressure on Man. Utd with a win against Middlesboro

Chelsea V Middlesboro Home win

Good luck Trent Canary[Y] I''m sure you have a ferry good chance of adding to our grand total.

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

Wasn''t sure where to go for a selection this week, then thought somethames you have to look down. So, Yare why not the Conference.

Stafford v Aldershot, away win.

Stafford on the way down, Shots on the verge of a return to the League.

Good luck Trent, hope for a Buretiful sum of money.

I would have also gone for Aldershot over Stafford Rangers for the away win, but seeing that''s taken, I''ll go for Peterborough over Lincoln City, home win.  Good luck!

For me this weeks nap ought to be WBA to beat Colchester at the Hawthorns.  WBA generally sound at home and score plenty; Colchester poor defensively and after last weekend will surely be resigned to their fate.

My nap this week is WBA to beat the Uwes. WBA should wipe the floor with the poor uwes who look really poor and are doomed to relegation.

Hamburg SV to beat  Arminia Bielefeld
in German Bundesliga 1. 

Hamburg are being closely chased for the Champions League spot, so motivation should be high. Arminia have been battling hard lately to try and avoid relegation. However, Hamburg are tough defensively and Arminia find it tough to score away from home.

Now arrdee, this week I''ll try not to be too volga now that canarygeorge has medway for trent. If city still had Mark Rivers and Peter Crouch playing I''d have said that a City win on Saturday was welland truly niled on. Avon a draw would be an amazon result. However yukon rely on me to go against the flow so............

CARDIFF v SOUTHAMPTON.           Home win !!

With games in hand Cardiff will still fancy their chances of the play-offs and poor old Saints are in freefall (they''ve already conceded forty two away goals) so I can only see one outcome.

Good luck Trent !!

Yes now Trent I hope you are enjoying your week in charge of the Free Bet , I know you are , I now intend to bring you my "nap" its just a case of doting my Is and crossing my Tees . I intend to cross the Tweed as well to bring you my Humber dinger of a "nap" Its Queen of the south , home win.[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                  £212-56p

Oh dear ! I''ve left it too late to come up with any river puns Ray, all the good ones have been used so I''m sunk as far as that goes.

However I shall attempt to struggle to the surface and hope my nap this week will  wash away this failure.

I am going dive in for Aldershot again, currently buoyed up with their success for me last week  they are away from home, but they should still swamp Stafford Rangers who are just crawling along at the moment and appear to be in dire straits.

Stafford Rangers v Aldershot emphatic away win !

Good luck Trent, hope we are all in the swim this week.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

I would have also gone for Aldershot over Stafford Rangers for the away win, but seeing that''s taken, I''ll go for Peterborough over Lincoln City, home win.  Good luck!

[/quote]

Now Newyork you have not been taking any notice of what I have been saying , we don''t want your second best selection . If you say your selection is Aldershot stay with it never mind if its gone , thats not the idea at all , we want your best "nap" plain and simple . arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

Hello all and good luck this weekend Trent mate

Stafford rangers v Aldershot  -  Away win

With Aldershot flying high at the top of the red square premier and Stafford second from bottom 67 points behind there is only ever gonna be one winner here, you can take that to the river bank[;)]

Ok Ardee.  If you want what my gut tells me, its Aldershot. Seems a popular pick this week (which leads to a 1-1 draw usually).  I think Trent has his work cut out for him this week. Hopefully more of the pickers will crawl out of the woodowrk to give him more to work with.  C''mon you pickers!

Man Utd vs Aston Villa - HOME WIN.

Can''t see United slipping up here, they''ve won the last thirteen league and cup encounters against Villa.

Good luck Trent.

Morning all.

God luck to Trent this week. Now after having both my big toenails removed courtesy of our wonderful NHS 2 days ago It''s now time to move upwards and stick my neck on the block courtesy of this wonderful thread.

Looking for a little value this week I stumbled upon the old firm derby up in my dear departed Dads hometown of Glasgow.

Now at the risk of making my Dad(a staunch Celtic fan) turn in his grave Im going to back Rangers for a home win.

So there you have it.

Rangers V Celtic......Rangers home win.

Sorry Dad.

A proper top vs bottom clash for me :

Gillingham vs Carlisle - Away Win.

Carlisle are chasing Leeds and Swansea at the top of the league for automatic promotion, Gillingham are battling with Bournemouth, Luton and Crewe to stay up.

Carlisle - 8-2-0 in the last 10

Away form 3 wins, 2 draws in the last 5.

Gillingham - 2-1-7 in the last 10.

Home Form - 2 wins, a draw, and a loss in the last 4.

Gillinghams'' recent home form might put the mockers on it, but I fancy Carlisle to pick up the points.

Good luck with your selections this week TRENT

My selection this week is

WBA to beat Col U.

After Col U performance at Carrow Rd last week there should be

no way of them getting anything out of the Baggies.

Good luck Trent - you''ve been a great contributor to this thread over the course of the season, lets hope you get your rewards from us pickers.

Give Billy a bashing this week with PETERHEAD away win at Berwick in Scots Div 2.

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Ok Ardee.  If you want what my gut tells me, its Aldershot. Seems a popular pick this week (which leads to a 1-1 draw usually).  I think Trent has his work cut out for him this week. Hopefully more of the pickers will crawl out of the woodowrk to give him more to work with.  C''mon you pickers![/quote]

Well done Newyork , I was not telling you off in anyway but I am sure you want to give our beloved club your best . I know it will help Trent no end . Who could become like Yangtze Canary that got our first win and the following week as well. Trent remember there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread arrdee wont have any of that , which means you don''t have to have skin as thick as a Rhine no .

Now what would those fans of Rochdale or Wigan or Stockport or Notts County one of the oldest clubs in the football league do with the Free Bet , I can tell you they would be over the moon with it but they don''t have it , only you lovely old Norwich city supporters have the opportunity to help your  Academy with your knowledge of football . So just keep those Torrents of picks coming in , remember you don''t have to Rhone all over the place to find a winner . [Y] arrdee.

Yangtze,oops I mean Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,         £212-56p.

G’day pickers. Well you have given me a hell of a task, anyone who says this is easy is lying! Was very tough narrowing it down, and Ive ended up not selecting some of the picks for the most trivial of reasons. Apologies to anyone who posted late in the day, the board hasn’t updated for a few hours so havent seen any new picks.

However its time to Wensum money. In the spirit of the week ive gone for Severn picks. Too many Thames the lovely folk at Dixmar have got lucky, this Tyne they wont be, Wye how could we fail with such great pickers. The clubs Ouse gonna bring us that lovely dough are: -

Peterboro v Lincoln – GH

Chelsea v Middlesborough - NN

Stafford v Aldershot - Hissing Sid, GJ, DDD, NYC    

Berwick v Peterhead - LC

WBA v Colchester - PC, Fellas, 1dartmoore

Hamburg v Arminia - YC

Man United v Villa – SA

For those who werent picked, please take Mersey on my soul, Dee’s were a tough lot to pick from.  So Don’t be disheartened, on another day id have picked seven others, and many of the ones I havent picked have found their way on to my personal accumulators. Heres my reasoning.

Bolton v Arsenal – Arsenal never beat Bolton, are on a bad run of form, and have a couple of injuries. They should win but I wouldn’t Bank on it.

Rangers v Celtic – I don’t trust derbies. Especially a tight one such as that.

Cardiff v Southampton – A good call. But Cardiff are slipping down the league with one eye on the cup. Also we beat them away, so cant be sure.

Southend v Walsall – Very good spot. Southend are on a good run of form, Walsall arent. But too close in the table for me.

Queen of the south v Morton – QOS have nowt to play for, Morton are in a relegation fight. Was a bit wary.

Gillingham v Carlisle – My recent accumulators seem to come unstuck in league one. No other reason than that!

Burnley v Barnsley – Was between this and one of the seven for my final pick. Had planned to use it all week, but Burnleys poor home record sided me against it.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

G’day pickers. Well you have given me a hell of a task, anyone who says this is easy is lying! Was very tough narrowing it down, and Ive ended up not selecting some of the picks for the most trivial of reasons. Apologies to anyone who posted late in the day, the board hasn’t updated for a few hours so havent seen any new picks.

However its time to Wensum money. In the spirit of the week ive gone for Severn picks. Too many Thames the lovely folk at Dixmar have got lucky, this Tyne they wont be, Wye how could we fail with such great pickers. The clubs Ouse gonna bring us that lovely dough are: -

Peterboro v Lincoln – GH

Chelsea v Middlesborough - NN

Stafford v Aldershot - Hissing Sid, GJ, DDD, NYC    

Berwick v Peterhead - LC

WBA v Colchester - PC, Fellas, 1dartmoore

Hamburg v Arminia - YC

Man United v Villa – SA

For those who werent picked, please take Mersey on my soul, Dee’s were a tough lot to pick from.  So Don’t be disheartened, on another day id have picked seven others, and many of the ones I havent picked have found their way on to my personal accumulators. Heres my reasoning.

Bolton v Arsenal – Arsenal never beat Bolton, are on a bad run of form, and have a couple of injuries. They should win but I wouldn’t Bank on it.

Rangers v Celtic – I don’t trust derbies. Especially a tight one such as that.

Cardiff v Southampton – A good call. But Cardiff are slipping down the league with one eye on the cup. Also we beat them away, so cant be sure.

Southend v Walsall – Very good spot. Southend are on a good run of form, Walsall arent. But too close in the table for me.

Queen of the south v Morton – QOS have nowt to play for, Morton are in a relegation fight. Was a bit wary.

Gillingham v Carlisle – My recent accumulators seem to come unstuck in league one. No other reason than that!

Burnley v Barnsley – Was between this and one of the seven for my final pick. Had planned to use it all week, but Burnleys poor home record sided me against it.

[/quote]

Well done Trent I shall be putting the bet on in the morning with Dixmar Racing . You have done a wonderful job Trent and thanks very much , I am sure all the Pickers feel the same .Roll on kick off time when the fun starts . I hope all you City fans are enjoying the unique way we have of raising money for our Academy .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

It''s me that has to barge in with the news today because i believe Arrdee is off on his paddle steamer on the local waterways today. Still... it''s as broad as it''s long [;)]

Arrdee has put these on with Dixmar and managed to get these amazing prices :-

8/15 Peterboro v Lincoln – GH

1/3 Chelsea v Middlesborough - NN

8/13 Stafford v Aldershot - Hissing Sid, GJ, DDD, NYC    

7/10 Berwick v Peterhead - LC

2/5 WBA v Colchester - PC, Fellas, 1dartmoore

2/5 Hamburg v Arminia - YC

1/3 Man United v Villa – SA

When they all come up we will win £136.72 for the academy[<:o)] So well done Trent [Y] and good luck to us all.

Arrdee ran the same bet through Boyle Sports and it only came to £97.21 so we can all see how hard Billy Dixon tries to help the academy too [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

That''s a good set of odds, especially as Man U are 3/10 at most bookies and WBA are comfortably tighter than 2/5.

I was going to suggest Stoke away at Sheff Wednesday, but perhaps I''m hoping they''ll do us a favour.  Ah well, I''ll get in in good time next time.