Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Whats up with this site again?

I''m always having to refresh the page to read it, sometimes, 3 or 4 times in a thread. As I''m okay everywhere else I visit, I''m assuming its at the Pink Un''s end.

Anyone else having this problem today?.

Not working for me either although I''ve only tried in the past 30 mins.

With no updates for 3 hours after 5pm last night it makes it very difficult to carry on any sort of dialogue.

Was it Mods night out?

I spoke too soon. Now getting this message again, whats the situation Mods?

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

[quote user="ricardo"]

With no updates for 3 hours after 5pm last night it makes it very difficult to carry on any sort of dialogue.

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

Unfortunately Ricardo, coupled with what you said, its just starting to drain my interest in this site.

And that for me would be sad.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricardo"]

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

Unfortunately Ricardo, coupled with what you said, its just starting to drain my interest in this site.

[/quote]

It''s very frustrating. I have lost posts that I took time to write and I know I am not the only one. Arrdee was upset about it last night too. At some points yesterday it would take me 5 or 6 tries to get something posted or view a page. It''s been getting worse for some time now and needs sorting.

Its not all bad then [;)]

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cmon Mods, lots of people are having problems and losing posts, can you let us know whats going on?

[quote user="JC"]

Its not all bad then [;)]

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

You could at least thank me for setting it up for you JC...................if the sites working that is!.[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricardo"]

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s very frustrating. I have lost posts that I took time to write and I know I am not the only one. Arrdee was upset about it last night too. At some points yesterday it would take me 5 or 6 tries to get something posted or view a page. It''s been getting worse for some time now and needs sorting.

[/quote]I lost one yesterday on this very thread nutty. Very frustrating.

Was it Mods night out?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep I lost one of what I regard as one of my best posts ever yesterday , as I was not clever enough to get it back, that''s gone forever . I will be damned if I am going to do it all over again , It took me so long to do it , what to do it again and lose it again ? not on your life . I will admit I have just about had it with this site . and by the way cant the Mods up date on the hour every hour ? arrdee.

It''s very up and down and is being investigated - it''s just as annoying when it happens during moderating messages as it is when posting them. If you get the error after posting a message supposedly hitting refresh sorts it. If not then, for now, if writing an essay I''d do it in notepad/email first then copy and paste it.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]It''s very up and down and is being investigated - it''s just as annoying when it happens during moderating messages as it is when posting them. If you get the error after posting a message supposedly hitting refresh sorts it. If not then, for now, if writing an essay I''d do it in notepad/email first then copy and paste it.[/quote]

Now Pete I apreciate your help but telling me to notepad/email and copy and past is like asking me perform open heart surgery. arrdee.

Arrdee you lovely old boy.

Open a new email, type your message, press Ctrl and A to highlight the text, then Ctrl and C to copy the text, then click in the message box on this here wonderful site and press Ctrl and V to paste your message. Hopefully this won''t be necessary as the sites are behaving for now, but famous last words and all that....

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Arrdee you lovely old boy.

Open a new email, type your message, press Ctrl and A to highlight the text, then Ctrl and C to copy the text, then click in the message box on this here wonderful site and press Ctrl and V to paste your message. Hopefully this won''t be necessary as the sites are behaving for now, but famous last words and all that....

[/quote]

Now Pete no doubt you are one of the sweetest and loveliest old boys ever but lets hope as you say it is going to behave, as I feel this is the only hope I have got,  as you lost me when you got to Ctrl never mind A. C. V. arrdee.

It sort of makes you want to give up doesn''t it?

Ardee you lovely old boy, I think you need some one to one basic pc training with me[:D]

It''s becoming impossible to use this site.

Archant! Use some of your massive profits and give us the kind of service we deserve.

After all, you lift enough of our posts to fill column inches in your newspapers.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m always having to refresh the page to read it, sometimes, 3 or 4 times in a thread. As I''m okay everywhere else I visit, I''m assuming its at the Pink Un''s end.

Anyone else having this problem today?.

[/quote]

Oh this is hopeless all I am getting is Server Application Unavailable and all the rest of the rubbish . Don''t no one want the Free Bet ? whats all this Wroth of the Barclay and Norwich City Net ? Wizard Please inform me what its all about . arrdee.

Getting the following message almost each click now, getting a little frustrated  [:|][:@]

The MasterThemeFile ForumMaster.ascx could not be found in the default or default theme directory

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The MasterThemeFile ForumMaster.ascx could not be found in the default or default theme directory

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The MasterThemeFile ForumMaster.ascx could not be found in the default or default theme directory]

CommunityServer.Controls.ContentContainer.OnInit(EventArgs e) +337

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +834

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

Many apologies - we''ve not been able to get into the sites since 5pm. I think there may still be some problems, but it''s fire-fighting at the moment, with developers being contacted at home and hauled in to help.

Celia

[/quote]

Thanks Celia. Think the most frustrating thing is the lack of updates over the past 2 days, if someone had at least told us that it was being looked at and sorted urgently, we would see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Lets hope it hasnt spoiled out Free Bet and that its working ok for match day.

It is indeed a major case of fire-fighting at the moment.One of our web file servers managed to develop a fault this afternoon which corrupted files across most of our websites. We''re working on the problem at the moment along with emergency support from the storage system''s vendor and hope to have a permanent fix soon.

Its not been working for me again this past 30 mins, getting ''''service unavailable''''

Not sure if this post will appear or not but hope the site is working from 2pm - 5pm.

One of our servers had a slight wobble earlier and it''s been taken offline. Should be fine now. If it happens again, hit refresh and your post should come through.