Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Next year's Kasabian

Any thoughts on a suitable replacement tune for the boys to run out to next year?

I''d favour "Keep The Faith" by Bon Jovi, not because I''m particularly a fan of the band but just because the sentiments seem quite apt.

Anybody suggesting M People can go to the back of the class.

Ive been waiting aaaaages til someone brought this up...

The amazing downer of an anthem that Kasabian is..

Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n Roses

Lux Aeturna (the current sky sports theme)

Blitzkreig bop (was suggested last time)

Ill be happy with any of them

Hopefully we will be keeping Ryan ‘Plastic’ Bertrand so the campaign for Ca Plan Por Moi by none other than Plastic Bertrand starts here.

Or

Perhaps Maceo ‘Paperback’ Rigters does well and stays and we can come out to the Beetles Paperback Writer?

I actually think that Kasabian''s Club Foot is an awesome tune! (But then having seen them a few times I am a bit of a fan and probably biased.) 

Saying that I still think it''s perfect for entering the field of play. Although I gather many don''t - I always hear the ''older'' supporters sat around me muttering ''wos iss ol'' rubbish boi!'' 

If we had to change it I''d go for OASIS - F*CKIN IN THE BUSHES.

bad manners - can can. imagine the whole ground giving it large when the boys run out. or that jump around song (not sure who its by).

A Canadian classic by Trooper that gets used during hockey games in the NHL is "Raise a Little Hell".  Nobody''s going to help you. You just gotta stand up alone, and dig in your heels and see how it feels to raise a little hell of your own."

Either the one I jsut suggested by Trooper, or Tub Thumpin'' by Chumbawumba, because we often do get knocked down, but we get back up again, ''cause they''re never gonna keep us down!

Boo ah to my English peeps.  Trooper and their "ROCK ANTHEM" called "Raise a Little Hell" will guarantee promotion next year.  It is written. Check it out and lets get this song as OUR own FOOTBALL ANTHEM!!!!!!  Boogaloo

I assume Houston and and Cherokeeathekeg are having a bit of fun here - I just checked out that trooper tune on youtube and have to say that it''s laughably cr*p!

How can a tune called ''raise a little hell'' sound so whimsical!?  opposing fans and teams would p*ss themselves laughing if we ran out to that!

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Hopefully we will be keeping Ryan ‘Plastic’ Bertrand so the campaign for Ca Plan Por Moi by none other than Plastic Bertrand starts here.

Or

Perhaps Maceo ‘Paperback’ Rigters does well and stays and we can come out to the Beetles Paperback Writer?

[/quote]

Here''s a translation I found on the internet for Ca Plane ....I don''t know if it''s really what we are are looking for!

Wham! Bam! my cat Splash
lies on my bed with his tongue puffed out
by drinking all my whisky.
As for me, not enough sleep, drained, persecuted,
I had to sleep in the gutter
where I had a flash
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
in four colours

Allez-oop! One morning
a darling came to my home,
a cellophane puppet with Chinese hair,
a  plaster, a hangover,
drank my beer in a large rubber glass
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
like an Indian in his igloo

This works for me, this works for me
This works for me me me me me
This work for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me

Allez-oop! The chick***, what a gas!
what a vibration!
to be sent on the door mat
filed, ruined, drained, filled
You are the King of the divan!
she says to me in passing
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
I am the King of the divan

This workss for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me

Allez-oop! Don''t mind, don''t worry
Don''t affect me
It’s not today
that the sky will fall on my head
and I''ll be without glue
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This life’s  for me

Allez-oop! my chick has gone away,
flew away, finally had enough, to break
the sink, the bar, leaving me alone
like a complete jerk
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
I''ve put my foot in it

This workss for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me
This workss for me, this works for me

What a freak!

No, it''s not whimsical.  I don''t know what Cheorkeeathekeg thinks, maybe he was kidding, but try listening to it on limewire or some such place.  It ROCKS.  Some of the youtube vids of it are not so good, I agree, although it you look at the one of them playing it at the Grey Cup, you can see everyone in the stadium knows it and rocks to it.

And if you still think it''s whimsical, so what?  Don''t we want the fans know they are at Carrow Road for a good time, not a long time? An upbeat rocking song with a positive message is what the team and the fans can enjoy.  That''s my humble opinion.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Bury Green"]

Or

[/quote]

Here''s a translation I found on the internet for Ca Plane ....I don''t know if it''s really what we are are looking for!

Wham! Bam! my cat Splash
lies on my bed with his tongue puffed out
by drinking all my whisky.
As for me, not enough sleep, drained, persecuted,
I had to sleep in the gutter
where I had a flash
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
in four colours

Allez-oop! One morning
a darling came to my home,
a cellophane puppet with Chinese hair,
a  plaster, a hangover,
drank my beer in a large rubber glass
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
like an Indian in his igloo

This work for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me

Allez-oop! The chick***, what a gas!
what a vibration!
to be sent on the door mat
filed, ruined, drained, filled
You are the King of the divan!
she says to me in passing
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
I am the King of the divan

This workss for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me

Allez-oop! Don''t mind, don''t worry
Don''t affect me
It’s not today
that the sky will fall on my head
and I''ll be without glue
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This life’s  for me

Allez-oop! my chick has gone away,
flew away, finally had enough, to break
the sink, the bar, leaving me alone
like a complete jerk
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
I''ve put my foot in it

This workss for me
Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
This works for me
This workss for me, this works for me

What a freak!

[/quote]

Given the lot I go to Carrow Road with and indeed sit with have barely mastered English does it matter? None the less Blitzkrieg Bop is the obvious choice

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

No, it''s not whimsical.  I don''t know what Cheorkeeathekeg thinks, maybe he was kidding, but try listening to it on limewire or some such place.  It ROCKS.  Some of the youtube vids of it are not so good, I agree, although it you look at the one of them playing it at the Grey Cup, you can see everyone in the stadium knows it and rocks to it.

And if you still think it''s whimsical, so what?  Don''t we want the fans know they are at Carrow Road for a good time, not a long time? An upbeat rocking song with a positive message is what the team and the fans can enjoy.  That''s my humble opinion.

[/quote]

The only reason I can think anyone in that stadium would be rocking to that tune is because they''d had to endure watching gridiron beforehand, and in comparison the band must''ve been more exciting! 

I do still consider it whimsical but I take your point regarding the upbeat positive nature. I would just prefer to see a team run out to a tune that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and puts a little fire in the belly in preparation for the match.

We may have hit on one of the few subjects more opinionated than football! 

welcome to the jungle by guns and roses is a great track, especially given our disciplinary record this year.

Stone boo ah. I checked out you tube too and you are right it looks very lame on there.  I can assure you and the other peeps that this song kicks dude.  I think the opposing teams and fans would be losing control of bodily functions out of fear it is written.

By the way thanks for the heads up on you tube. It has lots of cool videos.  I''m gonna add that site to my favorites boo ah.

I can see your point about the hair raising music, but truth be told, it has no effect on the players. So a fun rocking song to get the fans stirred up and havnig a good time seems like a better idea to me.  Of course, if you have the right style of harder song (something catchy and easy to sing or chant along to) it will also get the fans going, and THAT is what the players need the most.  The fans are a big part of the home field advantage, especially if they are making some noise.

If Raise a Little Hell can get the fans to raise a little hell, then go for it.  Or whatever song.

how about ashes by embrace ? the lyrics are very fitting considering where we were when glenn took over.     and its a good upbeat song

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I can see your point about the hair raising music, but truth be told, it has no effect on the players. So a fun rocking song to get the fans stirred up and havnig a good time seems like a better idea to me.  Of course, if you have the right style of harder song (something catchy and easy to sing or chant along to) it will also get the fans going, and THAT is what the players need the most.  The fans are a big part of the home field advantage, especially if they are making some noise.

If Raise a Little Hell can get the fans to raise a little hell, then go for it.  Or whatever song.

[/quote]

Although I don''t like that song I think you have a valid point - if it gets the fans on board and fired up that is the most important thing!

Maybe what works for me may not work for the other 20,000+. We just need to find something that does it for the majority.

"Neocon" by The Offspring.  It''s a great singalong, as simple and effective as "We will rock you", would sound great at Carrow Road!

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Offspring/_/Neocon

We are strong
We are right
We won''t be pushed aside
We''ll go on
We will fight
We will not compromise
We will never lose to you

[quote]Neocon" by The Offspring.  It''s a great singalong, as simple and effective as "We will rock you", would sound great at Carrow Road![/quote]

That''s great, except, isn''t it supposed to be ironic ?  I can''t imagine any punk band would be a big fun of Georgie Dubya and cronies.

Hev You Got a Loight Bor by The Singing Postman is the one for me.

"rookie" by Boy sets fire is another one to consider...

change the goal music to "woohoo" by the 6,6,7,8''s from Kill bill too!  al togteher now "Woo hoo hoo ho hoo!"

jas :)

[quote user="Herb"]This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_UQWjx3HRo
[/quote]

Hmm, I''m liking that - would love to get a chant going inspired by this if we were a goal down or something...

Gotta find a way, find a way, a better waaaaayyy!!!

Jas - woohoo by the for the goal celebration - class!

I''m sure it''s been used by others (and played in the pre-match build up) but Song2 by Blur would be ace goal celebration music.  

Can you imagine the old codgers whinging about some of these tunes  - ''woss at ol'' squit mooosic boi, what ay watta make all at noise foorr?''  

I think if we want to scare the oppo, we should consider Enter Sandman by Metallica.

"Enter night... exit light...."

And then the Doc runs out in a "Scream" mask.

Perfect.