Sign in to follow this  
ca

Team for Coventry Game

My team for tomorrow would be as follows plus I''d like to see one of our youngsters on the bench ahead of Gibbs, Henry or Pearce.

Marshall

Semmy - Shacks - Doc - Camara

Crofty - Russell - Fozzy - Bertrand

Dion - Curo

SUBS - Gilks - Pattison - Evans - Juan - Spillane

What do you think?

Pretty much there I''d say. Maybe I''d swap Jamie for Evans, but maybe being on the bench will fire up Ched a bit. I''d like to see Pattison start too, possibly in place of Fozzy.

[quote user="cityangel"]

My team for tomorrow would be as follows plus I''d like to see one of our youngsters on the bench ahead of Gibbs, Henry or Pearce.

Marshall

Dion - Curo

What do you think?

[/quote]

Mine is similar......

Marshall

Velasco-Doc-Shackell-Camara

Croft-Russell-Fozzy-Bertrand

Cureton-Dublin

As much as i dont rate Shackell, i would rest Pearce and play him tomorrow. Would love to see Patty keep his place as he has been good, but i think Rusty will get the nod ahead of him.

As for the forwards....Curo has to start with Big D. Evans needs a rest ahead of Tuesdays game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Marshall

Dion - Curo

What do you think?

[/quote]

Mine is similar......

Marshall

Velasco-Doc-Shackell-Camara

Croft-Russell-Fozzy-Bertrand

Cureton-Dublin

As much as i dont rate Shackell, i would rest Pearce and play him tomorrow. Would love to see Patty keep his place as he has been good, but i think Rusty will get the nod ahead of him.

As for the forwards....Curo has to start with Big D. Evans needs a rest ahead of Tuesdays game.

I would swap Bertrand for Camara, then have Patty on the left. He will offer more protection and battling performance which we will need against Cov. Then we have the option of pushing Bertrand up a bit if needed. Oh, I would swap Juan for Semmy, by all accounts Juan had a good game at Watford.

I wouldn''t disagree with much of the choices. My only question is about Dion. We shall need him in the physical encounter on Tuesday, and I wonder whether he can cope with a full 90 minutes today, and then next week.Dion''s scoring record has not been brilliant recently, either. I just wonder if GR will start with Ched and Curo, with Dion to come on later if necessary.

Packed the midfield and only Dublin as a striker,Evans and Cureton on bench, cannot see where the goals will come from.

A very negative selection & formation indeed considering we should be going flat out while the play-offs are still mathematically possible.

Roeder has obviously resigned himself to securing safety in the division.

Cureton must be p****d off.

we never play 1 upfront so why 2 day surely 2 upfront would be better unless were trying to nick a 1-0 win or a draw

[quote user="silver fox"]Packed the midfield and only Dublin as a striker,Evans and Cureton on bench, cannot see where the goals will come from.[/quote]

We all can be experts of whether the selection was correct or not after the game but, in my view, it''s not a bad strategy from Mr. Roeder. We plug up the middle to counter a similar approach by Coventry and hope that we keep the game close in the first half. As the game wears on and, if we are still in it, Coventry feel more pressure than we do and we have Cureton and Evans to come on and look for a goal or two. Here''s hoping.  

I hope im wrong but surely you only play 451 when you have 2 attacking, creative goalscoring wingers and a similar attacking threat in your midfield 3. Croft does most of that on his day (not score), but after that there isnt much at all. Fotheringham and pattison have limited attacking prowess, and i wouldnt call Russel an attacking midfielder. Still, if you have a Huckerby type on the left youd probably be fine, but unfortunately we have a make shift left back!