Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The subs today - an observation

Who made them????

Chris Goreham said during the commentary that "glenn roeder has now come down from the stands" during the 2nd half...

we made 2 changes in the first half and i heard alot on Radio Naaaarfolk about Gunny passing bits of paper to the subs... and Lee Clarke barking instructions...

so.. With Rodeo up in row Z, was it then down to Clarkey to try and rescue the game for us?

I have never understood how a manager can manage a team from up on high...

football changes in an instand and the manager should be in the dug out to deal with these changes.. by the time he''s got up off his seat, amde his way through the bowels of the stadium and got to the side lines it could be game over!

Does Clarke manage from the dug out whilst Roeder give out the team sheet? is he not a hands on manager?

People say roeder isnt a ranter or a raver so does that mean that Clark is the "oil in the cogs" in the dressing room.. because it seems that he is managing us.

Had Roeder of been in the dug out from the first whistle he could perhaps have issued Velasco instructions... changed formation... Made the subs inself.. of course its perfectly feasible he could of Told Clarkey the substitutions.. but unless he had a mobile phone with him in the dug out, roders got the lungs of an opera singer, or both men are telepathic... i do wonder who made the decisions?

And why then, is our manager up in the stands? yes it afford a different view.. but surely a coach up there is better than the main man?

jas :)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

He can read the game better from up high and would be in constant communication with Clark.

[/quote]

yes he would Pete but as i have said in my post the game changes in an instant and be should be down there.. also, i dont see clarkey with a mobile phone pressed to his ear on the sidelines....

jas :)

Clark has an ear-piece and is in constant communication with GR

I like the way GR starts off with a view of the pitch from ''on high'' before going down to the sideline - I think it gives him a different perspective.

Gunny hands the piece of paper to the 4th official telling him who the sub is (a technicality) - Livermore used to do this.

GR makes the final decision, with Clark''s advice (I would imagine)

They are both in constant communication with each other. I see what you mean, would it not be easier just to sit on the bench and bark orders there. He did say that he delegates more and most clubs do the same, like Manure etc.

Didnt see GR on touchline til 2nd half and when Ched came on he handed what looked like an A4 sheet of paper to Dion, who then went into the back3/4! Velasco was absolutely dreaful yesterday and i''m not suprised he was taken off when he was! He was totally at fault for their goal!

However i personally rhink we were playing against 14 men, the ref and his assistants spoilt the game, epecially the assistant on tunnel/dugout side of the pitch, he gave us nothing, nothing at all...and did anyone see the Doc get his heels clipped which then made him stumble and cause the foul which got him his first booking? the ref certainly didnt! The was also a handball in their area 2nd half! Rusty''s 2nd yellow was deserved by cant help thinking he wouldnt have been so fired up if the ref was fair!

Would also really be interested in what Fozzy said to GR when Doc was sent off as there was a hell of alot of finger pointing and Dion had to drag him away and calm him down!

Not defending tactics chosen, we were dreadful, but wasnt helped by poor management of the game by the men in black!

[quote user="jetstream"]Clark has an ear-piece and is in constant communication with GR I like the way GR starts off with a view of the pitch from ''on high'' before going down to the sideline - I think it gives him a different perspective. Gunny hands the piece of paper to the 4th official telling him who the sub is (a technicality) - Livermore used to do this. GR makes the final decision, with Clark''s advice (I would imagine)[/quote]

And for next season, due to financial constraints being placed on the club, Chief Exec Mr Doncaster will return the costly ''high tech'' earpiece and ''Madonna Microphone'' sets, back to the technical communication suppliers.....Therefore, at the onset of the 2008/2009 season, Glenn and Lee will be issued with two empty (but washed) empty bean cans, coupled with a 25 metre length of quality string as the replacement communication link.......

Mr Doncaster said, "Baked bean cans are in abundance - as Delia''s Catering, has a plethora of them.......Regarding the string, it was prudently recovered from the bunting (that won''t be required for the foreseeable and long-term future) and stuff that actually held up the celebratory banners in front of  City Hall when we won the Championship.....We''ve all got to tighten our belts and make personal sacrifices if we want to see success return to Carrow Road." He also said that he would relinquish his club ''tie allowance'' and therefore ''do his ickle bit''.......allegedly.