Sign in to follow this  
YellowIce

Pinkun loan fools

I was just having a look at post from Grants era when everyone on this board was slamming the Board for not being able to bring in loanees as they were too expensive (Grants words) and having no "ambition" because we would not fund it.

Now everyone is slamming the board for wasting our money on premiership loanees!

It jutst goes to show people on this message board are not happy unless theie moaning. You should all be ashamed.

Maybe not all........I admit to the odd moan here and there but I should never feel ashamed about it. But you''re right - Expectations are set way too high for certain people on here.

Realistically, I would be proud of the club if they manage to avoid relegation this season. That is all I ask.

As for the loanees, they have hardly set the world alight have they. I personally think they should be performing at a much better level. This is that point in their careers where they are asked to prove their worth. I dont think any of them have performed to the level expected of them, with the exeption of maybe Bertrand. Though they are only kids, they shouldnt really be playing regular football for our club, at least not all at the same time. Norwich need seasoned proffesionals with bags of experience and relegation battle scars at the moment. This is why people moan so much. Rightly so.

Decent loan players who add something to the team I accept but the last 2 we''ve seen Gibbs and Henry should never play for our 1st team again and are no better than the likes of Eagle or Rossi Jarvis!

I have no problem at all with loan players, infact I welcome loan players. But they have to be better than what we have. Pearce, Ched, Mo, Bertrand are the players we need and needed at the time. With regards to Gibbs, I could see what GR was trying to do, he is a very talented player who is thought of highly at Arsenal and when he played Inter in a pre season friendly, destroyed them and looked a better bet than Theo Walcott. We needed extra players and most of them have provided decent cover and in the case of the 2 left backs, cover we could not turn down as we had none. Yes James has been pants, but again, he had potential and GR does not rate any of our youths here.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I was just having a look at post from Grants era when everyone on this board was slamming the Board for not being able to bring in loanees as they were too expensive (Grants words) and having no "ambition" because we would not fund it.

Now everyone is slamming the board for wasting our money on premiership loanees!

It jutst goes to show people on this message board are not happy unless theie moaning. You should all be ashamed.

[/quote]

Get real, there wasn`t much of a fuss on here about lack of loans, it was (and still is) lack of permenant signings that people are concerned about.  The loans have done a great job, but within a few months our club will have one of the smallest squads for decades with possibly less than 10 professionals.  And that`s what happens when you concentrate on building stuff off the pitch at the expense of building a team on it. Wake up.