Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Roeder - master psycologist?

For quite a few weeks now we have under -performing, - we ground out results trathern than outplaying teams. When did we last play well?So is  this GR''s psychological approach to broadcast the fact that all players are playing for their futures in the club? Has he said  it publicly, s0o has he also said it privately.More important, is tha tactic working? On today''s evidence, you would have to say, "No"

[quote user="Salopian"]For quite a few weeks now we have under -performing, - we ground out results trathern than outplaying teams. When did we last play well?

So is  this GR''s psychological approach to broadcast the fact that all players are playing for their futures in the club? Has he said  it publicly, s0o has he also said it privately.

More important, is tha tactic working? On today''s evidence, you would have to say, "No"
[/quote]

Well, if the players can''t take the pressure of playing for their jobs, then maybe they''re bottlers and ipso facto not ultimately part of the solution?

OTBC

I don''t think GR saying that they are playing for their future, we all know the loans will go back, the youths we have are not good enough and will be off, but they have not been playing. We know that DD and Hucks are off, the rest who are playing, in my eyes are pretty safe with the exception of maybe Juan. This shouldn''t be playing on their minds thou.

You decide!

Championship: Furious Roeder lays into Norwich and ref

Norwich boss Glenn Roeder has told his players they need to show they want a future with the club after a 1-0 defeat at Coventry.........

"But my players need to start showing me that they want a future at this club - starting with the game against Stoke on Tuesday night. I feel that strongly. I am not messing about."

OTBC

Perhaps Roeder had a few lucky results Sheff Utd Cardiff and Barnsley spring to mind. His team selection seems to be flawed despite what he says there definitely seems to be favourites. Bertrand seems too lightweight to play full back what did Lappin do that was so wrong certainly seems to be as good as Pattison what has Shackell ( a Norwich player) done so wrong that he needs to be replaced by a loanee.

Despite what Roeder says Norwich have not turned up against Leicester, Blackpool, Watford and Coventry and were extremely lucky against Barnsley. Since Worthington took over we have struggled in many games to complete ninety minutes in a game and this would suggest there is something fundamentally flawed in both training and psychology at the club and until this is put right we will struggle to achieve anything.

Roeder shows no loyalty to players and I wouldnt be suprised to see some of those under contract leaving.

He is off again-blaming the players and the ref for a poor result. Truth is the blame must lay firmly at the feet of GR with his crass selection policy which played straight into the hands of Coventry. To be beaten by such a poor side beggars believe and sadly my earlier thoughts about using loan players seem to have come home to roost. As for discipline getting three players sent off in quick succession indicates that GR has got it wrong-sorry its all down to those nasty referees and their lack of common sense. I think GR has a lot to learn about motivation and man management and personally I think the task is beyond him. 

Maybe with the exception of the keeper i really dont think we have a  player worth keeping anyway they just are nowhere near good enough , the fact Fozzy and Doc are being offered new contracts should start alarm bells ringing for next season .To turn this team into play off contenders will take around £8 million , sit back and watch the cheap arrivals turn up come the summer along with another batch of loanees. The truth is this Board didnt spend when we did get to the Prem , didnt spend with 2 seasons of parachute payments so they sure as hell aint going to start spending now .

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]If you keep buying/loaning League One players you end up with a League One team. And which division best suits a League One team?[/quote]

So you are saying that since we are loaning Premiership players that we will end up with a Premiership team are you? 

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]If you keep buying/loaning League One players you end up with a League One team. And which division best suits a League One team?[/quote]

Erm, which League One players have we bought or loaned?

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Perhaps Roeder had a few lucky results Sheff Utd Cardiff and Barnsley spring to mind. His team selection seems to be flawed despite what he says there definitely seems to be favourites. Bertrand seems too lightweight to play full back what did Lappin do that was so wrong certainly seems to be as good as Pattison what has Shackell ( a Norwich player) done so wrong that he needs to be replaced by a loanee.

Despite what Roeder says Norwich have not turned up against Leicester, Blackpool, Watford and Coventry and were extremely lucky against Barnsley. Since Worthington took over we have struggled in many games to complete ninety minutes in a game and this would suggest there is something fundamentally flawed in both training and psychology at the club and until this is put right we will struggle to achieve anything.

Roeder shows no loyalty to players and I wouldnt be suprised to see some of those under contract leaving.

[/quote]

Roeder gave us a massive lift when he arrived and the results have been exceptional. At the moment we are woefull, no different than when Peter Grant was here. The players that have been brought in, with the exception of Evans, are no better than the ones who have left. At the moment GR is having to play young loanees to keep their managers happy, so that we can get more next year.

Our permanent signing does not inspire. In fact the situation at the moment regarding performances is a shambles. As for Shackell, he has to make way for Pearce because he has to play young loanees. His team selection is dictated by outside influences e.g Hucks was left out of squad at one stage.

As for our young players, if they played as badly as some of Roeders aquisitions have they would have got one chance and that would have been it. Many supporters dismiss our youngsters as being useless; how many times do we see them play?. Have not seen Cave-Brown, Spillane spasmodically and Martin appears for a few minutes and that''s it. They can''t be any worse than most of Loanees.

From what GR said last week it seems that we will be relying a lot on loans next season, lets hope there aren''t so many.