Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Where are all the Roeder fans now

Well here we go again thanks to complete lack of resources, investment and ill founded confidence we now find ourselves slipping back down to the relegation fight. Roeder has done a marvellous job but if we go down no one will remember that. We keep losing to teams we should beat and even more worrying is our play is appalling. This is the season where someone will go down with 50+ points and we have some really tough matches coming up.

Roeders honeymoon period is clearly over and thanks to either his lack of vision or the boards unwillingness to invest we now have a wafer thin squad that is looking very very poor. I am sick and tired of a team that is supported so well with crowds in the top three in the league being so lacking in ambition and motivation. To me the lack of investment in the last few months will mean another nail biting end to the season. Once again Norwich City will try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so much for " Oh we could get a play off spot" we will be lucky not to join other big clubs like Forest and Leeds who also thought they were too big to get relegated.

God knows why Roeder took them to Spain, he should have took them to a League One match and said that the kinda match you could be playing in next season!

I''ve always found the suggestion we''ll make the playoffs ridiculous.

We were never ever going to reach the playoffs. People seems to forget that it gets harder the further up the table you go.

Its probably part of the reason we''ve fallen so suddenly because the team are thinking too much about the playoffs and not enough about securing safety. That may sound unambitious to say "forget the playoffs" but please can people just drop it now. Lets just imagine we''re still fighting it out down the bottom end of the table and concentrate on making relegation an impossibility this year.

Take it easy dude. Keep your wig on 

Im still a Roeder fan. Losing away is not a new experiance for a Norwich fan. We didn''t win much on the road even when we were good!

We will achieve our short term aim and stay up this season and then lets see how he does at rebuilding for the long term. I have been very impressed about how he transformed the squad in a couple weeks so I am confident he will do well building a squad which will challenge for promotion.

Here''s a Roeder Fan! [:D]Of course we''re not safe YET. At most we will finish just top half this season. People disagree with all the loan deals etc, but without them we wouldn''t have got from the foot of the table to wherever we are now.Come of it, our form isn''t appalling at any standard. And it is, currently, thanks to Roeder that the squad is thin! However does it matter, from now until the summer?We''ll avoid relegation, which is all that matters at the end.What difference will it make finishing 14th rather than 21st for next season?It seems some people are expecting too much. Roeder''s fiddling about with the team a bit, which is a bit silly when we''re not safe yet. However, i see why he is. And i doubt it''s because he ''has'' to play the loan players, i think its more about him finding out the truths for next season.

I still wouldnt blame Roeder if we did go down.... the damage was done a long long time ago.... if we go down its because the squad isnt good enough... Roeder was not given the money to improve it in Janaury...

Many factors to take into account would certainly mean we couldnt blame glenn if we did go down...

jas :)

[quote user="CJ"]

Well here we go again thanks to complete lack of resources, investment and ill founded confidence we now find ourselves slipping back down to the relegation fight. Roeder has done a marvellous job but if we go down no one will remember that. We keep losing to teams we should beat and even more worrying is our play is appalling. This is the season where someone will go down with 50+ points and we have some really tough matches coming up.

Roeders honeymoon period is clearly over and thanks to either his lack of vision or the boards unwillingness to invest we now have a wafer thin squad that is looking very very poor. I am sick and tired of a team that is supported so well with crowds in the top three in the league being so lacking in ambition and motivation. To me the lack of investment in the last few months will mean another nail biting end to the season. Once again Norwich City will try and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so much for " Oh we could get a play off spot" we will be lucky not to join other big clubs like Forest and Leeds who also thought they were too big to get relegated.

God knows why Roeder took them to Spain, he should have took them to a League One match and said that the kinda match you could be playing in next season!

[/quote]My concerns are that short term Glen is just riding his own wave, that wave crashed ashore several games ago, believe me, I genuinely want to think he is better than Grant or Worthington so please try and get the team selection right, i.e. the best 11 players on the pitch pleaseAfter all we only have 17 players to pick from, I would hate to think how wrong he would get it if we had 30!

Sorry he is beginning to show all the managerial skills of our previous employee. I can not believe that after Cureton scored a wonder goal he is dropped to bench again and we rely on Dion up front by himself. I suspect the Coventry lads took one look at the line up and thought they have come to defend GREAT! Not even Evans on at start unbelievable.

The way to beat a struggling team is to attack and even if we had soaked up pressure could hardly rely on Dion''s pace to hit Coventry on the break We are now in a bad run that will be hard to stop and no continuity in the team at all. Next up its Stoke and if we lose that then it will be time to start sweating again

Where are all the Roeder fans you ask in the title. Then in the first paragraph you say "Roeder has done a marvellous job". Does that make you a Roeder fan then? Or do you not know?

As far as our play being appaling goes. It''s the Championships, most teams outside the top 6 play poorly more often than not.

I seriously can''t believe some of the posts on here since we lost to Leicester. Since that direction changing international break after Plymouth (a) there have been numerous occasions at home and specifically away were City have either rode their luck or just commited plain daylight robbery, very few could argue against that... but some will. These results have just papered the cracks that were there anyway.

So CJ answer me this, back when GR was appointed would you a) believe we could reach our current position from where we were? b) would you beleive that you would be posting rubbish like you have above in the light of our rise from the basement of this league.

[quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]Sorry is this an attack on GR or the board?

He took over in October and we were 6 points adrift....can anyone on this board explain to me why i should not be a Roeder fan no more?!

i await the responses..............Another example of the most fickle "fussball" supporters in the world.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

Sorry is this an attack on GR or the board?
[/quote]

You figure.

You say you''re an academic.

Or don''t they teach you to think any more at UEA?

OTBC

[quote user="CJ"]

Sorry he is beginning to show all the managerial skills of our previous employee.

[/quote]

I cannot believe you just said that.  Do you want to think about their managerial records, and then maybe reconsider this piece of gross stupidity?

[quote user="Steve H"]

I seriously can''t believe some of the posts on here since we lost to Leicester. Since that direction changing international break after Plymouth (a) there have been numerous occasions at home and specifically away were City have either rode their luck or just commited plain daylight robbery, very few could argue against that... but some will. These results have just papered the cracks that were there anyway.

[/quote]Staern John missing a penalty in the Southampton game and the Sheffield United offside "goal" spring to mind.

When Roeder first took over we were playing poorly but winning. Fine, I thought, I might not be a fan of his style of play, his team selections or some of his signings, but he''s getting the job done. However, unfortunately since the January transfer window things have gone downhill. And, to be honest, I''m not surprised.

After our dreadful start, our sole aim this season was to stay up. We''re not safe yet but I feel with a couple more scrappy wins under our belt we''ll be safe. I can''t say that Roeder fills me with optimism for next season, though. And I don''t think he is ''the chosen one'' as some seem to believe.

In my opinion, we face another summer of being linked with classy signings before ending up with freebies, cheapies and loans. We won''t be able to compete on a player-for-player basis with the bigger clubs in the division and, personally, I don''t think Roeder has the managerial skills to push for promotion with what will still be a small, weak squad.

I hope I''m wrong.

GR has worked miracles to get us where we are now, could anyone seeing us avoid relegation in October.  OK so now he''s made a few mistakes but he''s allowed, as for relegation there is no chance.  Get off his back and let him manage.  How expectations have now risen, 3 months ago you would have been ecstatic with 21st so when we stay up next season we will make the play off,s or you''ll again be up in arms.  Be prepared to be disappointed. 

You explain to me how Glenn could leave on the bench our two best goal scorers then. Those are the kind of antics that Grant did and we know it all ended in tears there.

Glenn has a great track record in saving clubs in trouble but seems unable to be able to hold that form and I think many fans will reflect on the way he has tinkered with a winning team recently

I''m still a Roeder fan...........just!

His team selection at Coventry confused me...........but there may be things we''re unaware of which caused that. Lets wait and see what the Stoke game brings.

Glenn has a knack of having a really good start at a club and then everything going t*ts up. Just ask Gills, Watford, West Ham and Newcastle fans.

To be perfectly honest he could leave right now and id still hold him in very high regard.

The very fact we arent doomed to relegation is good enough for me considering we were at 1/4 to go down with one bookie when he arrived.

[quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

What a poorly constructed post, I was going to respond but have decided it`s not worth the bother!

Now C J , no doubt you are a lovely old boy and you are asking "Where are the Roeder fans" well if Glenn turns his head we are right behind him . [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You figure.

OTBC

[/quote]

You want a nice piece of fish with that chip, Cluck? [;)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You figure.

OTBC

[/quote]

You want a nice piece of fish with that chip, Cluck? [;)]

[/quote]

OK mac, but I only deal with first class, russell type. How about you?

I mean, for Cluck''s sake.

[:)]

OTBC 

Jesus wept, what the hell is going on. The only intention and job that GR had to do was to get us off the bottom, out of the bottom 3 and safe. We are not mathmaticaly safe, but I would rather be where we are now than where we were in October and so would everybody else.

All managers have a little sticky patch, maybe GR is having one now. But for people to start doubting him now, well thats just laughable. Doubt him next year if you really want to be a nobby negative all your life, let him get the players he wants in the summer, then have a go. I like the way some muppets automaticaly decide that this sticky patch is down to the board. But when we had are nice unbeaten run, there was not that much about the board doing well was there? We have said how the hell do you know if GR was not given the money, if he turned it down or just thought there is no players that he faniced, you don''t know, I don''t, but you like it that way, you like the fact that you can slag the board for anything and when we lose, well thats just more ammunition for you.

I doubt (see what I have written DOUBT not KNOW) there will be £5-6 million for him in the summer, but I think the board will try and back them. If not then we have the right verbally bash them and get them out. PG spent a fair whack in the summer, you know as well as I do, that even free''s and loans don''t come cheap.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

Jesus wept, what the hell is going on. The only intention and job that GR had to do was to get us off the bottom, out of the bottom 3 and safe. We are not mathmaticaly safe, but I would rather be where we are now than where we were in October and so would everybody else.

All managers have a little sticky patch, maybe GR is having one now. But for people to start doubting him now, well thats just laughable. Doubt him next year if you really want to be a nobby negative all your life, let him get the players he wants in the summer, then have a go. I like the way some muppets automaticaly decide that this sticky patch is down to the board. But when we had are nice unbeaten run, there was not that much about the board doing well was there? We have said how the hell do you know if GR was not given the money, if he turned it down or just thought there is no players that he faniced, you don''t know, I don''t, but you like it that way, you like the fact that you can slag the board for anything and when we lose, well thats just more ammunition for you.

I doubt (see what I have written DOUBT not KNOW) there will be £5-6 million for him in the summer, but I think the board will try and back them. If not then we have the right verbally bash them and get them out. PG spent a fair whack in the summer, you know as well as I do, that even free''s and loans don''t come cheap.

[/quote]It''s NANCY negative, duh !!   [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]It''s NANCY negative, duh !!   [:D]

Sorry, was not sure. Was going to call them Nora negatives. Maybe we should have a poll.

[/quote]

Folowing Roeders stament that we need to score more goals and then he fails to start with our two top scorers and leaves Huckerby off the bench, I, along with most of our fans have lost total confidence in him and his arogant and negative mangment style!![:''(] Roeder like the players is now playing for his career??