Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Well done Barnsley! (FA Cup quarter finals)

As the title says. Well done! We might even have a non-premiership winner of the FA Cup! Superb performace by them tonight. At least they didn''t play half as good as that against us!

what a bloody good day

great to see likes of pompey and barnsley least challenge the big two let alone beat them

this is so great for the cup

no need to watch another unaspring 0-0 game between two big sides

we will see a new fa cup final with underdogs

what makes me even more pleased is this will piss on the fa''s bbq

they put semis at wemberly expecting likes of manutd, arsenal liverpool, spurs and chelsea to reach the final

and buy there £10 programes and there £10 pie;''s oh this is truly great

What a day! The mancs and dive around Ronaldo { why does he just sit on his arse and throw his hands in the air everytime he falls over?} put out by Pompey, and Chelsea played off the park by little ol Barnsley. My faith in the cup is restored. Was Ronaldos tumble a penalty? in the past no chance-today? Who gives a crap the mancs are out. Even though we lost today, the look on the plastic manc and chelsea fans faces around Norfolk this week will cheer me up. Just need those boring cloggers Middlesboro to get knocked out and it will be a dream cup weekend! The only thing i despise more than the way the top 4 dominate is the scum down the road! { and maybe our board }

Oooooooh the magic of the cup!  Just imagine how far we might of got if we had beaten Bury!  Probably not very far!  But no past the joke we could of been where Barnsley are now!

Dam Right!

Had you of sat someone in front of the game who didnt follow football theyd of thought Barnsley were the Premiership side.. they made chelski look amateur at times... i thought it was great!

First time in years that one of the big 4 wont be at wembley...

To be honest i think Chelseas bubble has burst now... they lost the league cup, they lost today... Once out of Europe I can see them sturggling to finish in the top 4... Grant will get sacked and Henk Ten Cate will get the job.... I have a feeling Mr Abramovic will take his money and go elsewhere then.. leaving Chelsea to end up in free fall.. the next leeds? its just a matter of time...

jas :)

The thing that really surprised me today was that Barnsley FULLY deserved the win. Cudicini couldnt put up with the physical ability of Odejayi, and the determination from Foster and Brian Howard was unbelievable.

Just proves how fantastic the FA Cup can be.

If anyone watched it on TV, I think Mick Mcarthy is a closet Barnsley fan!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]What a day! The mancs and dive around Ronaldo { why does he just sit on his arse and throw his hands in the air everytime he falls over?} put out by Pompey, and Chelsea played off the park by little ol Barnsley. My faith in the cup is restored. Was Ronaldos tumble a penalty? in the past no chance-today? Who gives a crap the mancs are out. Even though we lost today, the look on the plastic manc and chelsea fans faces around Norfolk this week will cheer me up. Just need those boring cloggers Middlesboro to get knocked out and it will be a dream cup weekend! The only thing i despise more than the way the top 4 dominate is the scum down the road! { and maybe our board }[/quote]

To be fair he did deserve a pen in the first 5 minutes, blatant push by Pompey and no it was not a man equaling man push, it was a lum. But I agree with it being nice that Barnsley and Pompey winning. I hope Pompey win, mainly for ''Arry. Then when they have an open bus parade, the man with that stupid bells etc will have an unfortunate accident.

This year for the first time in ages I plan to watch the cup final, purely on the basis that one of the ''top four'' will not be in it.

Hopefully the more ''unfashionable'' teams who make the final will present a more exciting spectacle than those who usually get there !

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

This year for the first time in ages I plan to watch the cup final, purely on the basis that one of the ''top four'' will not be in it.

Hopefully the more ''unfashionable'' teams who make the final will present a more exciting spectacle than those who usually get there !

[/quote]

who do you think will get their? i hope cardiff beat middlesborough so their is no chance of an all prem final. barnsley Vs bristol rovers maybe [:P]

who do you think will get their? i hope cardiff beat middlesborough so their is no chance of an all prem final. barnsley Vs bristol rovers maybe Stick out tongue [:P]

After their luck yesterday you have got to fancy Portsmouth, but, Barnsley were fantastic and thoroughly deserved their win.

So it''s still anyones guess who will get there.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

who do you think will get their? i hope cardiff beat middlesborough so their is no chance of an all prem final. barnsley Vs bristol rovers maybe Stick out tongue [:P]

After their luck yesterday you have got to fancy Portsmouth, but, Barnsley were fantastic and thoroughly deserved their win.

So it''s still anyones guess who will get there.

[/quote]

2-0 cardiff winning at half time

i dont particarly like them but glad they winning

all these teams doing all of us proud vs the prem who think all they have to do is turn up to topple us championship sides

well done to champ sides and good luck to all of them and bristol r also

I''m not a big fan of Cardif and sure as hell ain''t a big fan of their ''fans''. Up there with Wolves for being complete Scum. Seen at first hand them in action and they are a moronic bunch of muppets who''s sole intention is to intimidate and cause as much damage as possible.

But, I thought they played very well today, closed Borough down quickly and looked like the Premier team instead of them. I have to say, that Borough were awful, they looked like a team who did not realise that there was only them and Pompey left in it.

It was in the Sun, yes, I know. But I think that it was Howard who said on Saturday that the magic of the F.A cup has gone and that it was a blip that Liverpool lost to Barnsly and that it will always be a top 4 team. Well Mr Howard, what do you think of this weekend now then? Bloody quality I say, makes me slightly annoyed that we lost so easily.

I think that it will be a West Brom v Pompey final.

Come on bristol rovers!haha, if rovers win the FA cup would you be gutted to be a bristol city fan?winning the FA cup or promotion to the prem? what would you take?

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

I''m not a big fan of Cardif and sure as hell ain''t a big fan of their ''fans''. Up there with Wolves for being complete Scum. Seen at first hand them in action and they are a moronic bunch of muppets who''s sole intention is to intimidate and cause as much damage as possible.

[/quote]

least we dont throw coins like cowards at home supporters or even their own fans

im not defending us or cardiff far from it but maybe you should look at your away support at leicester

we''ve had 3arrests all season as it was highlighted on our website the other week by our cheif exectutive, im guessing you had more than that in one game vs leicester ???

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

least we dont throw coins like cowards at home supporters or even their own fans

im not defending us or cardiff far from it but maybe you should look at your away support at leicester

we''ve had 3arrests all season as it was highlighted on our website the other week by our cheif exectutive, im guessing you had more than that in one game vs leicester ???

[/quote]It only takes one though doesn''t it?Norwich have got a history of being some of the best supporters - I am not sluring the name of Wolves but their history is so dogged in that department even Wikipedia has a section on their hooligans of years gone by. I think one incident a season is inevitable and at Leicester - by accounts given it was a handful of muppets that spoilt it.As for the FA cup - in some ways I am not surprised. The football in the Championship is much more competative all over, its much more physical, there is less time to dwell on the ball and so players have to be on their toes throughout the game.I can''t help but feel that whilst watching these Premier League teams strut around that the time they are used to having on the ball can be their un-doing. And it shows when England play sometimes. The teams that have gone up and done well tend to have stuck to the same style as they played in the Championship and rather than add "classy / luxury" players they have added hard workers who have the added touch of quality.Although a lot of these teams are struggling at the moment you have to look at your Boltons, Readings of that league and admire the fact that they have incredibly hardworking teams that unsettle the other teams like Man U and Chelsea who like to have time on the ball.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Were you there? How can you possibly comment? I''ve been to about 10 away games in the past 3 years and never once was there trouble and certainly not from Norwich fans. There are rarely ever fights outside Carrow Road and the only trouble that usually starts is by away fans. Comment on things you know, and not just speculation and slander.

chicken & fellas - im not saying your holligans or anythink on those lines really just commenting to the muppet who thinks that past happenings at wolves mean they scum, obviously all you can do is base yourself on figures and say 3arrests at football grounds this season! so why are we scum and holligans?

as to norwich fans you are indeed role model to most clubs in way your fans conduct themselves, you just had few mindless idiots which everyclub has, but it seems to me like if that was wolves "there yobs etc.." if that norwich "well its not a problem"

as i said this not dig at norwich more trying to put point across to the idiot who had to drag wolves into this when topic not about us

---------------------------------------------

bout the fa cup now iv said that (ie the topic)

do cardiff get uefa cup? they cant can they due to their name in draw i heard, i.e when drawn say cardiff, england but they not so they not allowed in

[quote user="we8wba"]

chicken & fellas - im not saying your holligans or anythink on those lines really just commenting to the muppet who thinks that past happenings at wolves mean they scum, obviously all you can do is base yourself on figures and say 3arrests at football grounds this season! so why are we scum and holligans?

as to norwich fans you are indeed role model to most clubs in way your fans conduct themselves, you just had few mindless idiots which everyclub has, but it seems to me like if that was wolves "there yobs etc.." if that norwich "well its not a problem"

as i said this not dig at norwich more trying to put point across to the idiot who had to drag wolves into this when topic not about us

do cardiff get uefa cup? they cant can they due to their name in draw i heard, i.e when drawn say cardiff, england but they not so they not allowed in

[/quote]

They are Scum, simple. I have been many atimes to your ''friendly'' ground. I went with my dad and we hardly look, act or talk like hooligans, but on each occasion, we have been subjected to coins thrown at us in the ground, spat at, bricks thrown at us and on one occasion chased down the street by a bunch of fans because we had our shirts on.

As for 3 arrests, well thats in the ground, what about outside the ground, your stewards are weak and would not always get them sorted out by either the police or banned, we don''t have trouble in general, clubs like you, Cardif, Stoke and Milwall etc, have reputations for a reason, I have, through my job, have a lot of access to football intel, and why is it when we play clubs like the ones mentioned, there is always more police than others? I can tell you the arrest rate for clubs like the ones mentioned again, are low at times due to the scale of police and stewards. Wolves are in all mof those points, they have a problem like very occasionaly we do, but sure as hell not in the same scale as you lot!!!

As for being the idiot that ''dragged Wolves in to the topic''. if you don''t like, find a board that is Wolves and then, hey you can do the same. But remember, you lot will always be the same........................................

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

They are Scum, simple. I have been many atimes to your ''friendly'' ground. I went with my dad and we hardly look, act or talk like hooligans, but on each occasion, we have been subjected to coins thrown at us in the ground, spat at, bricks thrown at us and on one occasion chased down the street by a bunch of fans because we had our shirts on.

As for 3 arrests, well thats in the ground, what about outside the ground, your stewards are weak and would not always get them sorted out by either the police or banned, we don''t have trouble in general, clubs like you, Cardif, Stoke and Milwall etc, have reputations for a reason, I have, through my job, have a lot of access to football intel, and why is it when we play clubs like the ones mentioned, there is always more police than others? I can tell you the arrest rate for clubs like the ones mentioned again, are low at times due to the scale of police and stewards. Wolves are in all mof those points, they have a problem like very occasionaly we do, but sure as hell not in the same scale as you lot!!!

As for being the idiot that ''dragged Wolves in to the topic''. if you don''t like, find a board that is Wolves and then, hey you can do the same. But remember, you lot will always be the same........................................

Barnsley Vs Cardiff and Yam Boggies vs Pompey in the semis...

Im going for a Barnsley Vs Pompey final....

jas :)