Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Russell - asset or liability?

I know Glen Roeder rants on about how Russell is his type of player, but two consecutive red cards surely makes him a liability. 

I was at the game yesterday and I was disappointed with Russell. He perhaps didn''t deserve to get the first yellow but from then on he looked overheated and too ready to dive into tackles and it was no surprise he was sent off. Very disappointing lack of discipline and professionalism on his behalf and I expected better from him.

[quote user="Danielt88"]I was at the game yesterday and I was disappointed with Russell. He perhaps didn''t deserve to get the first yellow but from then on he looked overheated and too ready to dive into tackles and it was no surprise he was sent off. Very disappointing lack of discipline and professionalism on his behalf and I expected better from him.[/quote]

Has the moaning now shifted from Jamie to Rusty?..............who''s next in line?[:O]

Probably too eager to impress yesterday. However i feel he is the best midfielder at this club, and the only one with any bite.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]Probably too eager to impress yesterday. However i feel he is the best midfielder at this club, and the only one with any bite.[/quote]

If this is true we need to invest in at least 4 new midfielders come summer.

[quote user="david e jervis"]

Has the moaning now shifted from Jamie to Rusty?..............who''s next in line?[:O]

[/quote]

To be fair if he''s going to lose his discipline like he seemed to then I think it''s perfectly justified.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="david e jervis"]

[/quote]

To be fair if he''s going to lose his discipline like he seemed to then I think it''s perfectly justified.

[/quote]

Yes.  It was a petulant and pointless second yellow card, and he should be fined wages for being so unprofessional.  To come back from a straight red card and then pull a stunt like that is ridiculous... maybe he didn''t fancy seeing his old Stoke team mates at close quarters?

Yeah I''m not moaning, he was just unprofessional and he has to face up to that, I like the guy, I don''t have a grudge against anyone at the club. I just feel he needs to get a fine and be really told that it is not acceptable because he is letting down not only himself but the rest of the team, not to mention the fans when he does things like that.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Danielt88"]I was at the game yesterday and I was disappointed with Russell. He perhaps didn''t deserve to get the first yellow but from then on he looked overheated and too ready to dive into tackles and it was no surprise he was sent off. Very disappointing lack of discipline and professionalism on his behalf and I expected better from him.[/quote]

[/quote]

You would not have said that if he had said that about a loan player.

I like Rusty, good player, but he is a liablity, 2 sendings off in quick succession and you always worry about his tackling.

Lets moan about the board for that result, they deserve it.

I thought Rusty was by far our best midfielder yesterday til he got sent off. He really was asking for it though. He should have gone ten mins before when he just kicked the players ankles after he''d been turned. Even so - i think him an asset rather than liability, i hope he gets a good telling off for this and learns a bit of discipline.

We have no decent midfielders at the club , 4 new ones might be a bit excessive but we certainly need 2 or 3 . The likes of Fozzy , Russell and Pattison are not going to get a team promoted.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We have no decent midfielders at the club , 4 new ones might be a bit excessive but we certainly need 2 or 3 . The likes of Fozzy , Russell and Pattison are not going to get a team promoted.[/quote]

I think your comments are spot on, but it doesn''t look too good for next season as Roeder made Fotheringham his captain, rates Russell very highly, and Pattison is his only signing.  I cannot fault any of those players for their effort and commitment, but I can''t see them dominating the midfield, making defence splitting passes, or scoring more tham a couple of goals all season.

Rustys an Assett.. he gets stuck in and he shows some Boll**ks! id sooner have 11 rustys in tyhe team then a load of ponces and Pansies!

jas :)