Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Sick and tired of fickle 'fans'

I''m sorry but I am getting sick and tired of ''fans'' turning on the manager after all he has done for the side already this season. The sad thing is I am only repeating what so many others have said on here so I know there are others out there with their heads screwed on. Who the hell are you to question Glenn Roeder, a mid table finish would have been an amazing conclusion to the season in December but yet again some ''fans'' simply move the goalposts over and over again. You can''t honestly have expected promotion when wallowing down at the foot of the table?! When are you people going to be happy? If we win every single game?? I''m sorry but a reality check is needed here, Norwich are not the strongest team in the league and I would say top 10 at best at the moment. Is Roeder not entitled to experiment with the half team he has inherited rather than spend over inflated january transfer prices? To me it would seem sensible in exactly what he has done, cut the wage bill by cutting loose hangers-on, not spending for the sake of it, bring in youngsters with a point to prove to their parent clubs on lower wages and save any money offered for when it really matters, next season. In the summer, players are often out of contract or at much lower prices rather than panic buying in January. Roeder is not an idiot and certainly has respect for the clubs fans yet this small impatient minority who would probably be more at home at St James Park with some of the disgusting behaviour thrown at their managers. At the same time, when you inherit a team that is not your own, it takes TIME to get things right. I am more than aware that among the next few posts on here will yet again be moaning about Roeder, the board, loan signings... etc ... etc but why don''t you keep up your end of the bargain now. You''re supposed to be supporters (it''s all in the name) and you certainly aren''t performing when it comes to your responsibilities so stop being so hypocritical. Be grateful that we are likely to still be a championship team come September and get behind your team (any player that puts on the shirt, including those who chose to come and play for us on loan) and your manager (the one who dragged us up from 6 points adrift). If not there''s always Chelsea, I hear their board are willing to spend.

The fickle ''fans'' on here wont be of any consequence Destort! What matters is the faithfull that give this club support, by their presence week in week out home and away. Yes, there were a few amongst us of the 2500 (or thereabouts) who were at Coventry yesterday who were dissappointed, but we gave a good account of ourselves and warmly applauded what was left of our team on the pitch when the game finished ...and that was appreciated by the players.

Remember the old adage, " You can please some of the people...." Well, I think most of us are...and the ''fickle'' on here want what the rest of us want too...only they just get a little more passionate on these boards about it. The really fickle just wouldn''t be turning up at the games.

...and welcome... if you are a newbie!

At the end of the day we still have to pick up some points to be safe, but there are many sides much deeper in the crapper than we are - and I for one would settle for our current position given where we have been this season; in November you''d have been forgiven for thinking that most supporters had already given up, or would have certainly settled for scraping by on the last game of the season. 

We were always going to have a run of poor results after such a good one - even the best sides have a dip in form/results - it is just a little sad but all too predictable that the usual suspects would be ready to slag off all and sundry when it came. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Dion up front alone away at Cardiff...    Why oh why are our fans complaining... [:S]

[/quote]

Or Coventry?

I''m glad Im not alone on my feelings, some so called fans are really making me sick, just can''t understand why after all GR and his staff, and players have done to get us from the mess we were in before Xmas.

I''ve stopped reading the pink-un everyday now, there are fans who always want to cause arguments, and the fans who you can never make happy.

I personally am just happy with where we are now and thankful we aren''t where we were before Xmas.

[quote user="Destort"]

I''m sorry but I am getting sick and tired of ''fans'' turning on the manager after all he has done for the side already this season. The sad thing is I am only repeating what so many others have said on here so I know there are others out there with their heads screwed on. Who the hell are you to question Glenn Roeder, a mid table finish would have been an amazing conclusion to the season in December but yet again some ''fans'' simply move the goalposts over and over again. You can''t honestly have expected promotion when wallowing down at the foot of the table?! When are you people going to be happy? If we win every single game?? I''m sorry but a reality check is needed here, Norwich are not the strongest team in the league and I would say top 10 at best at the moment. Is Roeder not entitled to experiment with the half team he has inherited rather than spend over inflated january transfer prices? To me it would seem sensible in exactly what he has done, cut the wage bill by cutting loose hangers-on, not spending for the sake of it, bring in youngsters with a point to prove to their parent clubs on lower wages and save any money offered for when it really matters, next season. In the summer, players are often out of contract or at much lower prices rather than panic buying in January. Roeder is not an idiot and certainly has respect for the clubs fans yet this small impatient minority who would probably be more at home at St James Park with some of the disgusting behaviour thrown at their managers. At the same time, when you inherit a team that is not your own, it takes TIME to get things right. I am more than aware that among the next few posts on here will yet again be moaning about Roeder, the board, loan signings... etc ... etc but why don''t you keep up your end of the bargain now. You''re supposed to be supporters (it''s all in the name) and you certainly aren''t performing when it comes to your responsibilities so stop being so hypocritical. Be grateful that we are likely to still be a championship team come September and get behind your team (any player that puts on the shirt, including those who chose to come and play for us on loan) and your manager (the one who dragged us up from 6 points adrift). If not there''s always Chelsea, I hear their board are willing to spend.

[/quote]

Who the hell am I to question Glen Roeder?

I''m a home and away season ticket holder of the team he manages and if I don''t agree with soemthing he does I feel I have a right to express that opinion. The logical interpretation of your post is that we are now allowed to question anything he does because he once took us on a 10 match unbeaten run and dragged us out of relegation. Sorry - it doesn''t work like that. Nobody (or at least nobody I know) is saying anything other than Glen has done a fanstastic job since he came in but the fact is that in the last few games he has made some ver strange team selection and tactical decisions that I personally feel may have cost us points.

As an example Cov looked cr*p on saturday until they got their goal. They were nervous and there for the taking but instead of taking the game to them we went out with a negative team that gave the very clear message we were happy with a point. We also played a half fit spaniard who has only had 1 game in English football at right back but did not put a replacement right back on the bench. I''m sure it will come out that Semi had some kind of "knock" but frankly I don''t believe he did because it has been obvious to me for some time that Roeder does not rate him. Personally i think he''s by far and away the best right back we have and with a bit of decent coaching could be a prem standard player.

If Glen wants to tinker with the team and formations once we are safe or take them on foreign jollys then fine as far as i''m concerned he can tinker til his hearts content. At the moment however we are most certainly not safe and I would be much more comfortable if he stopped p**sing about and we actually put in an acceptale performance for the first time in several weeks!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Dion up front alone away at Cardiff...    Why oh why are our fans complaining... [:S]

[/quote]

Er possibly because Dion played up front with Ched in a 4-4-2 at Cardiff. The same 4-4-2  (and indeed pretty much the same starting line up) that we employed for most of our unbeaten run.

Unfortunately it''s the ''norm'' for football fans to be fickle........Whether fans of Manure, the Arse (who drew with Wigan today and I bet the Gooner supporters are bleating like buggery after that result) Chelski out of the FA Cup......etc, etc......

A fact of fickle football life.

[quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]Post of the year so far imo. I was at Coventry, and we were bloody awful, i was also at Leicester and we were a little bit worse than yesterday. Yeah, we have been putting in some poor performances, but for god''s sake, these were the performances we EXPECTED under Grant!!! Roeder has worked a miracle and he has at least until the end of next season to put his own stamp on the team, hopefully a hell of a lot longer.

it makes me laugh Roeder is now above criticism after a few game run but worthy after taking us to the prem was the biggest villain walking. Roeder has done well but if like Worthy he starts making major rickets then he should be rightly crticised. I am behind Roeder but mistakes are beginning to creep in, imo, just hope he gets back on track.

Great post but it will not make no difference.

Stating your on view on goings on is ok but what is wrong is the very critical, and sometime personnel, stuff that some post. 

Saying someone has lost the plot etc cause of a few bad games is just too much.

Imagine if you were a player or the manager and you read some of the stuff that comes on here after a couple of bad games - supporters is what we all are supposed to be - too much stuff on here is not supportive.

I for one will not be reading stuff  on here no more cause of the tripe that appears. 

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

I for one will not be reading stuff  on here no more cause of the tripe that appears. 

[/quote]Good. Bye bye. Now where were we? Free speech and opinion. Ah yeah I remember that thing. That''s gone though. If you saying thing bad about lil'' Glenn; Doomcaster, Gibbsy and Ralfy will ambush you and take you to their secret lair under the access road. There''s all nice carpets and furniture down there and they beat you with delia''s new book and with doomcaster''s passionate and ambitious words till you turn into one of them. That''s what happened to ralfy when he questioned worthy, now look. It''s a crying shame.

and i''m sick and tired of those who tolerate a board that has woefully failed to invest in the playing squad for the last 3 seasons despite premiership revenue, parachute payments, top attendance levels for the championship and player sales in the millions.

a board that quibbles about paying the market rate (transfer fees and wages) for players every transfer window.

we''re contstanly told it takes time but the sacking of Worthington was well beyond the time it should have taken and how much more time would you have given Grant.

And fickle? Having been to wolves, plymouth, leicester, qpr this season (and some nightmare away trips the last 2 seasons too) I don''t think so.

and i''m sick and tired of those who tolerate a board that has woefully failed to invest in the playing squad for the last 3 seasons despite premiership revenue, parachute payments, top attendance levels for the championship and player sales in the millions.

a board that quibbles about paying the market rate (transfer fees and wages) for players every transfer window.

we''re contstanly told it takes time but the sacking of Worthington was well beyond the time it should have taken and how much more time would you have given Grant.

And fickle? Having been to wolves, plymouth, leicester, qpr this season (and some nightmare away trips the last 2 seasons too) I don''t think so.