Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

It's tight down there

I''m quite sure we won''t go down - there are too many other teams down there with us - but here''s a sobering thought.

If we lose tonight (possible) and Sheffield Wednesday win against Colchester (possible), the team that is currently third-bottom will be four points behind us with TWO games in hand - and our last game of the season is at Hillsborough.

I know it''s more complicated than that, because other teams'' results come into the equation, but it''s a good demonstration of how tight it is at the moment.

I keep saying it too Snakepit, but a lot of our fans are like hedgehogs, they roll themselves into balls to protect themselves against on-coming trucks and pretend the worse won''t happen!

We must not lose tonight................its as simple as that.

I''m quite sure we won''t reach the play offs, there are too many teams above us with a better chance - but here''s a happy thought.

If we win tonight (possible) and Barnsley beat ipswich (possible) that would leave us just 4 points behind them and give us a realistic target to aim for by the end of the season. With our penultimate away game being at portman road if we could close the gap a bit more by then it would become interesting.

I know it''s more complictated than that, especially as they have a game in hand, but it''s better to look upwards for a target than over your shoulder with fear.

Always look on the bright side of life [8][Y]

I''m all for looking at the bright side - but the chances of Barnsley winning a league game tonight following the events of the weekend are slight.

I prefer Nutty''s senario than yours Snakepit boy , besides I know that Barnsley will thrash the Tractor Boys and I know that we''ll beat Stoke.

All together now  ''''Always look on the bright side of life''''

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I keep saying it too Snakepit, but a lot of our fans are like hedgehogs, they roll themselves into balls to protect themselves against on-coming trucks and pretend the worse won''t happen!

We must not lose tonight................its as simple as that.

[/quote]

It is not "as simple as that" - we could lose every game between now and the end of the season and (providing three teams below us do not match our points total) still stay up. Likewise, as I have posted before, we could win all our remaining games and (providing the teams above us suffer an amazing run of 0-0 draws and losses) go up as Champions.

It is as simple as that.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]I''m all for looking at the bright side - but the chances of Barnsley winning a league game tonight following the events of the weekend are slight.[/quote]

Entered any prediction competitions this season SB? [:D]

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]I''m all for looking at the bright side - but the chances of Barnsley winning a league game tonight following the events of the weekend are slight.[/quote]

Entered any prediction competitions this season SB? [:D]

[/quote]

Fair cop, Kathy.

But it goes without saying that I was as delighted as anyone with the Scum''s thrashing. A bright spot on an otherwise bleak evening.