Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Lets get realistic . . . .

Ok lets have a look at the squad we have now;

GKs; Green, Lewis.

Defence; Drury (L), Mackay(C), Flemming(C), Shackell(C/L), Edworthy(R), Briggs(R).

Defence/Midfield; Brennan(L).

Midfield; Holt(C), Francis(C), Mulryne(C), Rivers(R)

Midfield/strikers; Henderson(R), McVeigh(R/L).

Strikers; McKenzie, Huckerby, Svenson, Jarvis, Abbey.

From that we can see that we have enough striking options for now, we need to strengthen midfield more than anywhere else. But in my mind we need to get in a couple of midfielders and at least one extra defender.

After releasing so many players we are now down to 19 again. We have lost Nielsen, Notman, Russel, Crichton, Iwan Roberts, Easton, Sinclair and Needergard since last summer. In replacement we have Huckerby, McKenzie, Svenson, Francis and Edworthy. We need to get more depth in most areas.

There needs to be cover for every position but at the moment one or two injuries could leave us in a lot of problems.

A defender/midfielder would have helped, but thats water under the bridge now. We need to bring in keen players that want to play football. Not some premiership has-been wanting money for retirement!

The only time we should be after a striker is if he is proven quality. I think we are quite far off a strong enough team for survival at the moment. I dont mean to sound depressing, the team we have is good enough to finnish mid-table in my view but there is no depth. Last season we had depth but we have cut some of it loose now and the rest were loanees!

Agree by and large, certainly need to get quality numbers on board, Cooper certainly impresses NW who is trying to pick up a bargain, need another for cover in midfield however also defensive back up for the future whatever Division we may be in.

But do you really feel NW will offer ZA a new contract. So will need added quality firepower up front.

good that you are back chicken!!!!!
i am sure that worthy will get cooper eventually,maybe for about 350k
otherwise we need a really good centre back who can also play on either side,and i would think a right sided midfielder and a central mifield playmaker

mulryne is a good enough play maker.i rate him highly and think he will b superb next season.just his type of football.

I have heard that Darren Purse may become available along with Pennant as both are reviewing their positions at their clubs. Purse wants the chance to play first team football as does Pennant.

I think both would be good aditions to the squad either permanently or on loan if possible. At least we would have two more players in two needed positions.

Both Purse and Pennant fit the bill perfectly - premier experience, talented and still have enough to prove to make them worthwhile signing.

Most importantly they have a touch of quality that most of the rumours do not - Purse is streets ahead of Scimeca. If we are only looking to get 5/6 players in then we should be able to stretch to this class of player...

OTBC

According to Malkay on "Goals on Sunday" NW has indicated that he will buy 5 or 6 players. If he succeeds then I guess these will be a goalkeeper; central defender; central midfielder; wide right midfielder; striker. However, with the play-off being decided on Saturday it will mean another known Premiership team on the hunt for the type of player that we can afford and attract. That will put additional pressure on us in the transfer market, so it would be nice to se some movement into the Club before the weekend.