Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

January was a massive failing

And could come back to haunt us 100 fold!

Had Roeder signed Taylor and a striker back them, he might have dropped the idea of signing the cheaper injury prone baby loaness that he lumbered us with.

Who was to blame then?

Roeder or the Board? in truth, probably both.

Penny pinching came in to it, of that I''ve no doubt. Still, fear not, we still have the loanee babies to get us out of a relegation scrap, and it could become that at 5.30pm on Saturday if results go against us.

Yes, January was an opportunity missed..........again...............lets pray it doesn''t end up haunting us.

Oh of course, some on here will tell me to shut up, I could even name them.......they always do, but thats the trouble though for them, truth and the stark reality hurts and they can''''t ignore that....no matter how hard they try!.

Swearing at me won''t make it all go away you know!.[:|]

I agree in some respects. I do think that would not have been millions to spend, but I think that GR did not want to spend too much and that he wanted it for the summer. I think that he thought that we had a good run through Dec and the start of Jan and we would not need that many players. With regards to the loan players, I don''t think there is too much of a problem with them, sure, most of them will not set the league alight but at the end of the day its numbers and we needed numbers. They should have been additions which pushed the others to play well but the people getting injured and suspended has meant that they have needed to play and now on occassions, they are playing instead, which does make me believe that we had to play them a certain amount of games. We have to look at the big picture, maybe nexct year, clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea will loan better players for longer periods. Dunno, but sounds plausable.

I bet Taylor wished he had come now thou.

Ralphy won''t like that post Wiz.

However, I don''t think we will be in relegation trouble. GR has done a good job in that respect.

All eyes on the summer now and who knows, we may be in for a surprise. It will certainly be a surprise to me if we do spend big.

I console myself with the thought that this will be the Boards last chance. Surely no one will be daft enough to excuse another limp attempt at finacing a promotion drive.

i think it will come to haunt you more for next season as your going to have to make few deals to gather a squad together

if you would started this progress in january they could got use to the norwich system, area and be able to gel with the current players

when the 8-15players coming in july come they may need time to settle in etc... meaning next season  could get off to slow start again

if we stay up and Roeder signs some quailty in the close season who cares about the blip in results. We''re a very average squad at the moment - to stay comfortably up will be testament that Roeder''s done a good job, from the position we were in when he took over. But if we can''t manage another 6 or 7 points before the end of the season and end up relegated then we''ll entirely deserve to go down, and Roeder and the board will have failed.

Let''s see what happens rather than harping on about pointless what-ifs.

PS - why should I care what a Wolves fan thinks about next season''s prospects. Do you base your opinion on the 15 seconds you get to see of us on the ITV highlights programme every Sunday? Your thoughts on this subject are meaningless - I wouldn''t claim to offer any insights into Wolves'' prospects, so why do you continue to keep posting here?

no i dont base it on 15secs but on your results and your squad

you have

gilks, marshall, drury, docherty, shackell, semmy/veledsco, croft, cureton, chadwick, russell, pattison, fotheringham who will stay for next season

thats 12 players, two who keepers. im just saying norwich got busy job and could of helped themselves out buying one or two players instead of loan after loan after loan (i based my opinion on right back, that one will stay out the two i personally think semmy maybe one to go as seems roeder isnt to keen on him imo)

goalkeepers - deffo sorted

defenders - one centre half needed, big bulky guy say darren moore? maybe left back in

midfield - new left winger, maybe one midfielder in hard battling type. right side looks solid enough

strikers - unless ched is on loan again 2 maybe 3 new ones, with cureton only scorer and ageing! maybe cheeky move for say kevin phillips as wba unlikely to offer contract to if they are promoted. aaron mclean should be worth shot as well

[quote user="Grando"]

PS - why should I care what a Wolves fan thinks about next season''s prospects. Do you base your opinion on the 15 seconds you get to see of us on the ITV highlights programme every Sunday? Your thoughts on this subject are meaningless - I wouldn''t claim to offer any insights into Wolves'' prospects, so why do you continue to keep posting here?[/quote]Rather him than Wiz

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]

Rather him than Wiz
[/quote]

Regardless of your 6th form debating room taunts............the problems are still here...............any solutions to offer?.............no, thought not!.[:|]

[quote user="we8wba"]

no i dont base it on 15secs but on your results and your squad

[/quote] Fine, but where are you seeing the squad to form your opinions. If you''re basing it on what you read in the papers/glean from off here then what''s point. Unless people have a decent first-hand experience of watching us anything that they say is fairly arbitary... Not having a dig at you particularly, but I just don''t see why anything you say is insightful if it''s not based on first-hand evidence.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="YellowIce"]Do shut up Wiz.[/quote]

As I was saying..........................[:D]

[/quote]

No really - shut up!

Everytime I venture onto this board you''re here, muttering away to yourself. You''re a bore.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And could come back to haunt us 100 fold!

Had Roeder signed Taylor and a striker back them, he might have dropped the idea of signing the cheaper injury prone baby loaness that he lumbered us with.

Who was to blame then?

Roeder or the Board? in truth, probably both.

Penny pinching came in to it, of that I''ve no doubt. Still, fear not, we still have the loanee babies to get us out of a relegation scrap, and it could become that at 5.30pm on Saturday if results go against us.

Yes, January was an opportunity missed..........again...............lets pray it doesn''t end up haunting us.

Oh of course, some on here will tell me to shut up, I could even name them.......they always do, but thats the trouble though for them, truth and the stark reality hurts and they can''''t ignore that....no matter how hard they try!.

Swearing at me won''t make it all go away you know!.[:|]

[/quote]

Now Wiz you lovely old boy you know you are the sweetest BonBon arrdee has ever seen but you seem angry with our wonderful Club , now what has happened ? Is it the Meals on Wheels lady has started running late ? and poor old Wizards tummy is rumbling ? arrdee.[;)]

mmmmmmm... yes Januray was a failure we didnt spend well and we should of got in some more players, e.g. Defender/striker.

But it wont come to haunt us, we are safe from League 1.  And anyway although we are only 6 or 7 points of the bottom three and with Sheff Wed having two games in hand we would need a really, really bad run, and I mean really, really bad.  There are to many teams in between us and the bottom three.  Also two of the places are practicaly already taken by ColU and Scunny, so that only leaves 3rd from bottom and we are to far away from that to get there.

Is it the Meals on Wheels lady has started running late ? and poor old Wizards tummy is rumbling ?

I reckon some of your wonderful sausages might put a smile back on his face.....on second thoughts though [;)]

[quote user="Boyo"]

Also two of the places are practicaly already taken by ColU and Scunny, so that only leaves 3rd from bottom and we are to far away from that to get there.

[/quote]

Are you sure Boyo?.

We''re just 7 points from 3rd from bottom, thats two wins and a draw for Sheffield Wed to make up on us..............with 9 games left!.

And we have some very tricky games coming up, hmm?[^o)]