Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Let's hear no more silly talk of play-offs/promotion.

Before the match on Saturday Roeder was still prattling on about the play-offs being a possibility. Maybe after that shite at the Ricoh, Glenn will be much more realistic in his targets for this season - survival in this division will do me, and it is by no means guaranteed yet. To achieve the realistic aim of staying in the Championship it might be helpful if Glenn stopped tinkering with team selections and formations. Boy! Wouldn''t that be nice!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After a good start, Roeder''s losing it big time with me, the baby loanees will relegate us...........and who brought them here?.[/quote]

16/1 at Corals if you want some Wiz. Shame you didn''t have the foresight to double up with Duffy for manager!

10 points off play-offs and 7 points off relegation suggests to me mid-table is the most likely outcome..... AGAIN!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After a good start, Roeder''s losing it big time with me, the baby loanees will relegate us...........and who brought them here?.[/quote]

Another totally unjustified post. The loanees are not the problem, I suggest that you look at match reports from our last three losses and single out any of them as the cause for that defeat. They are not setting the world on fire but they are certainly no worse than some of the permenant playing staff.

We won''t get relegated, trust me. We are sure as hell not going up. I would be happy if we finished above 3rd from bottom on goal difference. I don''t think GR is losing it, he was not so bright on Saturday, but hey we are still staying up.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

7pts from relegation

10pts from play-offs

Looks like relegation is currently the most likely outcome atm so indeed lets just forget promotion this year.

[/quote]

Oh FFS, there is simply no middle ground for some people is there?!

Although I was pissed off with Saturday''s result and performance (Fair play to Roeder for basically admitting that he got his line-up and formation wrong by changing it after 25 minutes or so, but how did he make such a mistake?), I am quite confident that we will pick up more than enough points between the Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday games. I wouldn''t be a bit surprised if we finish in the position we are in now, thirteenth in the table and, I never thought I''d be saying this, I will never be more relieved to finish mid-table after the horrendous start we had!

I made the mistake of listening to Canary Call (Why did I bother?!) after the game, and what Neil Adams said to one of the d**khead callers there is spot on. Basically, we have no more of a chance of getting relegated than what we have of reaching the play-offs - NO CHANCE. Points-wise it''s tight, but there are simply too many teams between us and the drop zone, just as there are too many teams between us and the play-offs.

[quote user="bunny"]Play-offs are still a possibility.[/quote]

I assume you''re being sarcastic? With the run in we have there is more chance of the sun not coming up in the morning than us getting in the play offs!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

I assume you''re being sarcastic? With the run in we have there is more chance of the sun not coming up in the morning than us getting in the play offs!

[/quote]

Just stating the obvious, play-offs are still a possibility, in fact us going up as Champions is still a mathematical possibility.

When it comes to probability however......

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

Just stating the obvious, play-offs are still a possibility, in fact us going up as Champions is still a mathematical possibility.

When it comes to probability however......

[/quote]

Mathematically the sky''s the limit, but looking at some of our dire performances and inconsistent form over the last few games, relegation is more a possibility than promotion. Having said that, I don''t think we''re quite bad enough to go down and feel we should be able to scrape enough points together between now and the end of the season to avoid that fate. We need a Watford effort tomorrow night rather than a Coventry shambles. Stoke will be a tough beast to kill, especially with two first choice players missing. But Stoke could give us three massive points on the road to survival.

By baby loanees I assume you mean the deadline day ones:Team against Coventry:Permenant:DionFozzyRussellPattisonCroftVelascoDohertyShackellMarshallCuretonLoansCamaraBertrandPearceEvansOf those the worst preformers were Camara, Velasco, Bertrand, Pattison (when on left wing, was too central) Russell and Doherty.  Pearce (BL) was one of our best players.The goal was the fault of Velasco and possibly Marshall.  Only Bertrand and Camara were loanees on the pitch, both on the left and the goal cam from the middle and right of the pitch.Good to see you''re not letting the facts get in the way of a good scapegoating!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

16/1 at Corals if you want some Wiz. Shame you didn''t have the foresight to double up with Duffy for manager!

10 points off play-offs and 7 points off relegation suggests to me mid-table is the most likely outcome..... AGAIN!

[/quote]

7/1 att bet fair... Bookies dont like Being wrong....

jas :)

" be much more realistic in his targets for this season - survival in this division will do me"What a load of old nonsense. How is trying to get to the playoffs distracting from staying up ?As long as it''s mathematically possible and the players are getting paid the same then that should be our aim. I don''t want to see the team playing for safety, don''t want them thinking that if they lose a game there''s plent more games to get those few pionts needed to reach safety.Get out there and get stuck in, as if their bloody lives depended on it..... if not whether they will still be here in August depends on it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After a good start, Roeder''s losing it big time with me.[/quote]I bet he''s gutted to hear that.

The Stoke game is a big one. Since the Plymouth debacle (TM) and the subsequent international break, which I think marked the proper start of GR''s reign, we have not lost two matches on the trot. The Leicester defeat and the Blackpool defeat were followed up by two excellent results, the win over Barnsley (which makes us the third best team in England, by the way), and the draw at Watford. It will be very difficult to maintain that record against such a physical Stoke side, especially if this weather continues, and especially without Rusty and the Doc. But if we get a point or a win, then all will be well again.So the boys need our backing tomorrow. And there''s the added bonus of derailing that bunch of cloggers'' ridiculous aspirations of playing in the Premier League. On the ball, City!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

7pts from relegation

10pts from play-offs

Looks like relegation is currently the most likely outcome atm so indeed lets just forget promotion this year.

[/quote]

Oh FFS, there is simply no middle ground for some people is there?!

Although I was pissed off with Saturday''s result and performance (Fair play to Roeder for basically admitting that he got his line-up and formation wrong by changing it after 25 minutes or so, but how did he make such a mistake?), I am quite confident that we will pick up more than enough points between the Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday games. I wouldn''t be a bit surprised if we finish in the position we are in now, thirteenth in the table and, I never thought I''d be saying this, I will never be more relieved to finish mid-table after the horrendous start we had!

I made the mistake of listening to Canary Call (Why did I bother?!) after the game, and what Neil Adams said to one of the d**khead callers there is spot on. Basically, we have no more of a chance of getting relegated than what we have of reaching the play-offs - NO CHANCE. Points-wise it''s tight, but there are simply too many teams between us and the drop zone, just as there are too many teams between us and the play-offs.

[/quote]

When I pointed out we were 7pts from relegation and 10 from playoffs I simply mean we need to concentrate more on staying up than going up. Finishing mid-table atm would do me given our very poor start to the season. I''m not (and never did) consider promotion as an option. It was obviously going to get harder the higher we climbed the table, but since we have climbed the table can we at least maintain our position and avoid league 1.

Oh well, we''re right back deep in the mire again now. We''ve gone from foolish talk of promotion last weekend, to serious talk of relegation once more in less than seven days. Funny old game football!