Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Post delay?

Is it justy me? that when you''ve finished typing a post and you hit ''post'' its then taking ages to send.

I am on broadband and this is the only place its happening.

Nurse![:S]

I mentioned this in another thread as had the problem all day yesterday.

Also the NCISA thread doesn''t fit on my screen, I have to scroll over to read it although all the other threads are ok, is that the same for everyone too?

Also why is it on the odd occasion when you reply via the "quote" button that it say''s something like "error - non matching quote marks" ?

[quote user="G Wiz"]

Is it justy me? that when you''ve finished typing a post and you hit ''post'' its then taking ages to send.

I am on broadband and this is the only place its happening.

Nurse![:S]

[/quote]

Feeling chipper today, eh Wiz.

Is that your nurse being so coy?

Now there''s nurses and night nurses.......but that''s for another time.

OTBC

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]I too am having problems - I have alerted our IS people to check why we are running so slow.[/quote]

Do Archant pay for the current server?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Also the NCISA thread doesn''t fit on my screen, I have to scroll over to read it although all the other threads are ok, is that the same for everyone too?

[/quote]

Fixed now. For some reason one of the posters stuck a load of spaces in their message to stretch the post.

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]Also why is it on the odd occasion when you reply via the "quote" button that it say''s something like "error - non matching quote marks" ?
[/quote]

You have to remove the rogue characters that some users have in their names - such as the apostrophes in your username.

For example, quote user="Norwich R Us" would work but quote user="Norwich ''R'' Us" wouldn''t.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Fixed now. For some reason one of the posters stuck a load of spaces in their message to stretch the post.

[/quote]

Thanks Pete, any further news on the posting problem cause its even slower now [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Pete, any further news on the posting problem cause its even slower now [:)]

[/quote]

No idea CA, it''s not me working this weekend - is annoying me too from home though!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No idea CA, it''s not me working this weekend - is annoying me too from home though!

[/quote]

Yep, its worse.

Can we have an update Mods because its still taking ages to get a post submitted.

Apologies for this - it''s just as frustrating for me. However, it is being looked at and I''m waiting for a response about when to expect an improvement.

It seems it''s a complicated problem and would take several hours to fix. But it''s the weekend and so it may not get looked at until Monday.

I used Pete''s sign-on to try and speed things up.

Meanwhile, I am assured that work is underway to investigate the reported issues and we hope to restore normal service soon.

Its still taking ages to get a post submitted for me plus the site seems sluggish - or is it my pc?

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]It''s zooming along now. Famous last words...[/quote]

Err, not my end Pete...........PC okay on every other site though.[:O]

Think you spoke too soon Pete, my last post took ages to submit and like Wizard all other sites are ok for me.

This post delay is doing my head in, and it''s got worse over the past few years. They''ve stopped the Sunday collections now as well as second deliveries during the week.

Sometimes my post doesn''t arrive until 2pm - and that''s the middle of the city!

This country.